Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walsall v Swindon Town pre match chat and match day thread.  (Read 51911 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 12:25:49 »

I’m hoping something similar to 03/04 and another stitch up of Port Vale with Walsall largely letting us get the result we require. Vale were bitter for years about the way us and Hartlepool just played out the draw so would be funny if they miss out again.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #196 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 12:27:54 »

Don't want to be too picky, but ideally scoring on 90+11
This isn't just a result, this is an M & S result!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #197 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 12:28:32 »

I’m hoping something similar to 03/04 and another stitch up of Port Vale with Walsall largely letting us get the result we require. Vale were bitter for years about the way us and Hartlepool just played out the draw so would be funny if they miss out again.
Vale are still bitter about this even now!

Also be nice to see Flipflop do a bottle job again Smiley

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 12:31:15 »

Talk about arrogant, Rovers fans on their forum, many are suggesting their record win of 7-0, 8-0 or more against already relegated Scunthorpe tomorrow.

Fucking hell I hope it comes back to bite their arses tomorrow. Even with how bad Scunny are thats typical Bristol arrogance for you.

Their goal difference is 5 worse than Northampton. So if both them and Northampton win - Northampton would finish 3rd on GD.

So I imagine Rovers will be told to go in for the kill, as the amount of goals they score Saturday could decide their fate.

I mean if they do go gung go for it and get a goal within say the first 10 minutes I can see them racking up the goals.

Maybe some of it is arrogance but playing the worst team in the football league (who I believe last game played a lot of kids) + potentially needing 5+ goals for automatic promotion - I’d definitely be expecting my team to go all out.

So if there ever was a day when they could set a new record for biggest win - it probably would be Saturday.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 12:31:40 »

Given the M6 closure, my plan is to drive up the M5 and park one stop down the trainline at Tame Bridge Parkway, avoiding the m5 and only a few minutes on the train to the Bescot. For anyone with local knowledge, sound sensible?

M5 J1 then through West Brom to Walsall sounds logical mate to skip the m6... tbh though if youre going as far as Tame Bridge Parkway (depending on how early you are) you may as well drive literally a mile further up and park on the street next to the ground. hth
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 12:41:40 »

I think traffic will be queued back much further than J1.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 13:11:31 »

Don't want to be too picky, but ideally scoring on 90+11

Would have to be hell of an injury to someone or maybe a streaker for that much time. 

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 13:15:25 »

I’d love to know the reason we’re not allowed to screen it, because it seems bonkers to give fans an incentive to travel, when there are no tickets available on the day.

Given the M6 closure, my plan is to drive up the M5 and park one stop down the trainline at Tame Bridge Parkway, avoiding the m5 and only a few minutes on the train to the Bescot. For anyone with local knowledge, sound sensible?

Defo not being screened. Confirmed.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 13:15:39 »

M5 northbound is going to be a mare, the M6 not so bad as northbound traffic has the option to use the M6 toll which would bypass all problems. M42 big loop might be an option.
Blimey,  some loop 4D.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 13:16:58 »

Would have to be hell of an injury to someone or maybe a streaker for that much time. 

They added 8 minutes for the last game out of nowhere, so anything is possible.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #205 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 13:18:11 »

They added 8 minutes for the last game out of nowhere, so anything is possible.
Yeah no fucking idea where they got those 8 mins from. We have had 10+ mins added at least 3 times this season.

Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 13:18:26 »

Or last week's ref
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 13:19:23 »

Talk about arrogant, Rovers fans on their forum, many are suggesting their record win of 7-0, 8-0 or more against already relegated Scunthorpe tomorrow.

Fucking hell I hope it comes back to bite their arses tomorrow. Even with how bad Scunny are thats typical Bristol arrogance for you.

Interesting you say that but a Gas fan (nice bloke as it happens) was saying the same thing on Tuesday to me where work. Even put two win. Bets on for 6-0 & 7-0
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 13:19:50 »

Defo not being screened. Confirmed.

Told you, too costly. Not sure how, the revenue from beer alone would cover it surely?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #209 on: Friday, May 6, 2022, 13:21:04 »

Interesting you say that but a Gas fan (nice bloke as it happens) was saying the same thing on Tuesday to me where work. Even put two win. Bets on for 6-0 & 7-0
I have quite a few Rovers supporting mates and they are all ok TBH but they do have an over inflated ego, only about 6 months after calling for Joey to be sacked!

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: