Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walsall v Swindon Town pre match chat and match day thread.  (Read 52048 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 15:44:24 »

Walsall choosing to not cash in says it all about lower league football mismanagement.  They would rather have 3000 empty seats than let us have more.  Madness.
Posts like this are a bit pathetic! Clubs have a duty to their own supporters as well, they are expecting 5k home fans so why would they risk pissing of their own fans off to sell a couple of hundred more tickets to us?  3.6k is a generous allocation and they didn’t need to give us that much, most other teams wouldn’t have! If people were turfed out of the Arkell’s, DRS, or the Town End under similar circumstances it would all be kicking off!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 15:46:53 »

Is it just me - why is their forum website so fucking useless. Posts just disappear. Tried 2 different browsers, 2 different tablets and it’s always a heap of shit.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 15:49:46 »

Posts like this are a bit pathetic! Clubs have a duty to their own supporters as well, they are expecting 5k home fans so why would they risk pissing of their own fans off to sell a couple of hundred more tickets to us?  3.6k is a generous allocation and they didn’t need to give us that much, most other teams wouldn’t have! If people were turfed out of the Arkell’s, DRS, or the Town End under similar circumstances it would all be kicking off!

Spot on and I hope we do the same if we did get into the play offs

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 15:52:12 »

Is it just me - why is their forum website so fucking useless. Posts just disappear. Tried 2 different browsers, 2 different tablets and it’s always a heap of shit.

No it's not just you I hand the same problem back in January when we played them in the FA Cup and assumed it was because of my aging iPad.

So, give no fucks
doomster

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 15:58:24 »

Up until today they had sold 2 seats on the side next to the away end and now it’s like 10 upto half way.  They average around 5000 in an 11300 stadium.  We have seen the difference between well run and tinpot so I stand by my comments.  It’s a dead rubber for them and free money in the coffers.  I’d suggest you check out the seat map if you wish to be a little more informed
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 16:04:11 »

Speechless

Have not read back, what does it say….
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 16:14:19 »

To answer my own question, the trust have asked about this.

We have asked and there are surprisingly (or unsurprisingly  for the cynical ones out there Bye ) a lot of hurdles to clear to secure it. You’ll know first hand if it’s happening via Club official channels.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 16:18:35 »

Up until today they had sold 2 seats on the side next to the away end and now it’s like 10 upto half way.  They average around 5000 in an 11300 stadium.  We have seen the difference between well run and tinpot so I stand by my comments.  It’s a dead rubber for them and free money in the coffers.  I’d suggest you check out the seat map if you wish to be a little more informed
I expect it would cost more for Walsall to reconfigure the concourse than it would in ticket income for that to be a realistic option.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 16:22:40 »

I expect it would cost more for Walsall to reconfigure the concourse than it would in ticket income for that to be a realistic option.

I suspect the poster probably hasn't given that too much thought to be fair.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 16:24:41 »

The stand your refer to has always been a home stand and is the stand that contains their hospitality so they aren’t going to reconfigure it and put Town fans there and as Chang says probably would require new segregation. It would be like putting away fans all around the Arkell’s exec area, it just wouldn’t happen. There are 4 days until Saturday and maybe they would like the opportunity to sell seats to their own fans. This isn’t all about STFC! 3.6k is above and beyond already.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 17:00:57 »

Swindon Town Ticket Office

We have requested to the EFL about screening the game in the legends lounge and we are awaiting a response! Sadly all parties need to agree to the screening! 🔴⚪️
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 17:05:14 »

We have requested to the EFL about screening the game in the legends lounge and we are awaiting a response! Sadly all parties need to agree to the screening! 🔴⚪️

Just tried the Wallsall forum on my phone and it's working fine shame I can't say the same about my iPad.

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 19:08:57 »

The stand your refer to has always been a home stand and is the stand that contains their hospitality so they aren’t going to reconfigure it and put Town fans there and as Chang says probably would require new segregation. It would be like putting away fans all around the Arkell’s exec area, it just wouldn’t happen. There are 4 days until Saturday and maybe they would like the opportunity to sell seats to their own fans. This isn’t all about STFC! 3.6k is above and beyond already.

They should have moved this game to Villa Park  Grin
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 20:19:24 »

That’ll be a bun fight if it happens. No doubt there’ll moaners and whingers who miss out if it goes ahead.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, May 4, 2022, 07:26:29 »

Just tried the Wallsall forum on my phone and it's working fine shame I can't say the same about my iPad.
I have never had any issue with it on PC at all ever.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: