Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walsall v Swindon Town pre match chat and match day thread.  (Read 51510 times)
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #705 on: Saturday, May 7, 2022, 21:35:57 »

I’m in Tenerife for both legs…

Likewise my early UK getaway break is in Ayrshire for a week from next Saturday. Will be back for Wembley though 👍
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #706 on: Saturday, May 7, 2022, 23:00:33 »

That was a good day out - excellent first half from Town and a 3-0 lead which could have been more gave us the luxury of playing out the second half without over extending ourselves.
Walsall had few clear chances - Ward’s best save came when the attacher was offside.
Comfortable win really.
One complaint - why do idiots throw flares/smoke bombs during the game? Unnecessary.
Now for the play offs - I’m glad we can’t play Bristol Rovers - as the smoke bombs indicate, we have enough idiots of our own - combine it with theirs , plus the usual trouble makers joining in and it would be a very unpleasant occasion.

From the Walsall can video it looks like at least some of those came from their fans.

..never go back.
Badger

Ignore
« Reply #707 on: Saturday, May 7, 2022, 23:12:54 »

That was a good day out - excellent first half from Town and a 3-0 lead which could have been more gave us the luxury of playing out the second half without over extending ourselves.
Walsall had few clear chances - Ward’s best save came when the attacher was offside.
Comfortable win really.
One complaint - why do idiots throw flares/smoke bombs during the game? Unnecessary.
Now for the play offs - I’m glad we can’t play Bristol Rovers - as the smoke bombs indicate, we have enough idiots of our own - combine it with theirs , plus the usual trouble makers joining in and it would be a very unpleasant occasion.

Why doesn't everyone just sit down and keep quiet. And stop spoiling things with all that noise and support
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #708 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 02:41:26 »

Mmmmmm.

When Rovers signed Ryan Loft from Scunthorpe in January there was a promotion clause inserted in the deal - more money for Scunny if Rovers went up.

Remind me. How did that turn out?
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #709 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 03:29:53 »

Didn’t want Rovers on the PO

However- something stinks here. Wouldn’t surprise me if Barton did not fix this game- teams shouldn’t be able to field vastly weakened squads when so much is at stake for other clubs. Demeans the competition

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #710 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 03:47:45 »

Who knew Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull was a Town fan

* 77D20585-0A51-4519-B1C0-59E0FB3F1CE8.jpeg (153.81 KB, 1200x812 - viewed 205 times.)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #711 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 06:42:09 »

Good watch this

Decent lad, enjoyed his three blogs. It is a big ask for a club like Walsall to generate the interest locally with four big clubs in close proximity to any more and a jobbing L1 or L2 team. However, to maintain the four leagues we need clubs like us and Walsall to maintain that pyramid of hope.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #712 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 07:21:27 »

Spot on LL decent little club and really enjoyed his coverage

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #713 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 07:51:06 »

Decent lad, enjoyed his three blogs. It is a big ask for a club like Walsall to generate the interest locally with four big clubs in close proximity to any more and a jobbing L1 or L2 team. However, to maintain the four leagues we need clubs like us and Walsall to maintain that pyramid of hope.

Spot on.
Always enjoy the trips to Warsaw. Decent club and fans.
Few of their fans came over before the game at New St and in Birmingham to wish us all the best.
Having worked in the Black Country a few years back I have a fondness for the place and people.
Know some cracking West Brom and Wolves fans. Salt of the earth people.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #714 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 08:05:32 »

Why doesn't everyone just sit down and keep quiet. And stop spoiling things with all that noise and support

That's clearly not what he's saying. You are aware fans can make noise and support without throwing things about?

There were smoke canisters thrown from both sets of fans and bizarrely what looked like bibles or something were given to the referee twice by the lino in front of the town fans.

On that note, thought the local police and stewards handled things very well yesterday, they set the line pretty high and nobody crossed it. The only 'trouble' I saw were Walsall and town fans shouting abuse at each other across the platform at the Bescot stadium station which killed the 20 minute waiting time as it was entertaining. I think had a more heavy handed approach been adopted the day could have kicked off massively. Credit where its due.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 08:08:25 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #715 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 08:18:37 »

Thought it was interesting that iFollow zoomed in on the faces of fans holding red smoke cannisters. Hopefully if there are fines for the club then these individuals can be identified.

The bit that concerned me (and I think Mr McKirdy) was that the great unwashed hugging and slobbering over the players put them at risk of catching Covid, when there are still up to 3 important games to go.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #716 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 08:22:27 »

I was in 2 minds about the pitch invasion. Whilst it was pretty amazing given we are in embargo to have extended the season, we still haven't (yet) achieved anything.

The players and fans seemed to enjoy it, so that's the main thing (although I think there was a clip of Mckirdy looking confused saying we have 3 more games so maybe not all the players enjoyed it)

Potentially could be seen as a little tinpot.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #717 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 08:36:33 »

That's clearly not what he's saying. You are aware fans can make noise and support without throwing things about?

There were smoke canisters thrown from both sets of fans and bizarrely what looked like bibles or something were given to the referee twice by the lino in front of the town fans.

On that note, thought the local police and stewards handled things very well yesterday, they set the line pretty high and nobody crossed it. The only 'trouble' I saw were Walsall and town fans shouting abuse at each other across the platform at the Bescot stadium station which killed the 20 minute waiting time as it was entertaining. I think had a more heavy handed approach been adopted the day could have kicked off massively. Credit where its due.

The radio comms maybe thought the booklet thing was a season ticket but throwing it away last game of the season is a bit of an empty gesture really…

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #718 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 09:31:55 »

There’s a great video on Twitter showing Preston police giving a lift to a load of Boro fans going to the pub. Why do some police forces feel the need to be so heavy handed no matter what the situation.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #719 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 09:35:20 »

Noticed Ali Maxwell on quest last night saying that Town play the best football in league 2, especially hard as he’s an Oxford fan. Class finish to the show from Colin Murray, hope ITV don’t ruin what is mostly an excellent show
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: