Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walsall v Swindon Town pre match chat and match day thread.  (Read 50798 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #720 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 10:02:38 »

That's clearly not what he's saying. You are aware fans can make noise and support without throwing things about?

There were smoke canisters thrown from both sets of fans and bizarrely what looked like bibles or something were given to the referee twice by the lino in front of the town fans.

On that note, thought the local police and stewards handled things very well yesterday, they set the line pretty high and nobody crossed it. The only 'trouble' I saw were Walsall and town fans shouting abuse at each other across the platform at the Bescot stadium station which killed the 20 minute waiting time as it was entertaining. I think had a more heavy handed approach been adopted the day could have kicked off massively. Credit where its due.
Good call, Bob.

Whatever anyone thinks about pitch invasions or red gas canisters, yesterday was effectively the first of (hopefully) three knockout ties to secure promotion.  I personally partook in neither and would have chosen for others not to - notwithstanding the spectacle and emotion. 

For me our vocal support was awesome and also sufficient.

I wouldn't be too judgmental on the invasion though - letting your hair down on what was a big day isn't such a crime.

What I would do is join you in applauding the judgement and good nature of the stewards and police.  I also thought the Walsall fans were decent.  Half the Ground full of triumphant away fans and a dicking must be hard to take.  Flynn may just have the ability to bring them a little more "success" next season.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #721 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 10:43:44 »

From the Walsall forum, some very nice comments about us TBF.

How I wish we were anywhere near as good as Swindon
Men vs boys

I hate McKirdy, but i’d love him to be playing for us.

I said this to my mate who’s come today. Ridiculous. Payne, Williams and McKirdy are above this league.

Their first goal was taken well, the second we absolutely caved, invited them on with no resistance whatsoever, schoolboys could score given that much space.

They are so much better than us in almost every position on the pitch, how they’re only in 7th place is puzzling.

As for today sometimes you have to accept the opposition are better. Swindon along with FGR and Exeter are the best footballing team in this league.

The state Swindon were in and they managed to put a team together that made the play offs.

Fantastic crowd today, brilliant turnout by the Swindon fans who made a lot of noise. It’s a shame 5400 of us didn’t have anything to cheer for.

Rubbish end of season game, not a lot that hasn’t been said about this team all year really.

Mckirdy is right nob.

Anyway hopefully we can sign a few good players and be in Swindon’s position next season with a big away following enjoying a favourable result

Proper spanking in the 1st half, the 2nd better but ultimately a non-event apart from our miraculous inability to score.
Oceans of space for their goals and the penalty the same, complimented by a horribly misjudged industrial tackle.
Can’t see the Fail living with these over 2 legs.

I hope swindon turn up for the play offs tho and smash vale because they actually play some decent stuff.

Men against boys today.

Just shows it’s a complete myth that it takes years of squad building to challenge for promotion.

Despite us being crap Swindon again looked the best team in this league and should brush aside port vale.

Wish we had impressive forwards who could attack with pace etc like Swindon’s

Just another side that played decent football and I’m sat there thinking “we will never play like this”.
Not in awe or them being spectacular or anything, we would just never sign the players.

Kinsella wouldnt get in Swindons team ahead of Johnny Williams and the lad who scored twice forgot his name now good player though he’s the best of a bad bunch here.

Look at Swindon yesterday - they had Payne, Williams, and Reed interchanging positions, picking up the ball , running with the ball, getting into the box, whilst Reed set up everything. Everything we are not.

We have not a single player that could get in the Swindon side, let alone one of our midfielders getting into their side - or any other top 8/9 side.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #722 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 10:52:26 »

That's clearly not what he's saying. You are aware fans can make noise and support without throwing things about?

There were smoke canisters thrown from both sets of fans and bizarrely what looked like bibles or something were given to the referee twice by the lino in front of the town fans.

On that note, thought the local police and stewards handled things very well yesterday, they set the line pretty high and nobody crossed it. The only 'trouble' I saw were Walsall and town fans shouting abuse at each other across the platform at the Bescot stadium station which killed the 20 minute waiting time as it was entertaining. I think had a more heavy handed approach been adopted the day could have kicked off massively. Credit where its due.

My only criticism of the stewards was the few of them confiscating the beach balls. My 11 year old nephew had one practically removed out of his hands by an over zealous steward, completely unnecessary IMO.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #723 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 10:58:02 »

yeah, wtf was that all about?!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #724 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 11:01:16 »

From the Walsall forum, some very nice comments about us TBF.

That makes for good reading, especially the “attacking with pace” comment. We’ve done that well in recent games, replacing the ponderous tikitaka. I remember how effectively Vale countered that style at home with a high physical press - I really hope we’ve learnt how to play teams like them much better than we did back then.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #725 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 11:04:45 »

yeah, wtf was that all about?!

You must have been down the side I guess.

Behind the goal the stewards were happily chucking them back in the crowd & smiling 🤷🏼‍♂️
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #726 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 11:07:43 »

My only criticism of the stewards was the few of them confiscating the beach balls. My 11 year old nephew had one practically removed out of his hands by an over zealous steward, completely unnecessary IMO.

Perhaps beachballs have become enemy number 1 after the Sunderland deflected goal against Pepe Rene when a beachball hadn't been cleared from the penalty area? Can't really think of another reason.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #727 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 11:13:13 »

Behind the goal the stewards were happily chucking them back in the crowd & smiling

yeah, was a grumpy looking female steward on the side stand. even had a balloon or two

so nearly tried to knock it out here hand, but sense kicked in as you don't know how they would react m
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #728 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 11:30:28 »

Behind the goal the stewards were happily chucking them back in the crowd & smiling 🤷🏼‍♂️

yeah, was a grumpy looking female steward on the side stand. even had a balloon or two

so nearly tried to knock it out here hand, but sense kicked in as you don't know how they would react m

That’s her, the miserable Miss Trunchball. I politely asked her for it back as several kids were quite clearly enjoying themselves and doing no harm but she stone faced and refused. Another bloke tried to snatch it back but she was to quick for him and another steward tried to get his say in about health & safety etc. Fuck em, on a power trip while on minimum wage no doubt.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #729 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 11:39:22 »

Out of curiosity,did anyone ignore the "warning",travel without a ticket and get in on the day in the home end?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #730 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 12:09:27 »

Good question. There were a few clapping in the home end when Payne’s first went in.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #731 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 12:14:08 »

Somebody in the side stand opposite in a yellow shirt jumping around when Girdy scored.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #732 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 12:15:47 »

Somebody in the side stand opposite in a yellow shirt jumping around when Girdy scored.

Surely not an Oxford fan cheering us on😀

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #733 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 12:26:15 »

Not well I suspect.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #734 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 13:16:54 »

bizarrely what looked like bibles or something were given to the referee twice by the lino in front of the town fans.

The Walsall commentary did say it looked as though someones passport was thrown on the pitch.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: