Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Barrow pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34236 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, April 29, 2022, 09:24:15 »

Cheers lads, 2 tough games to go, and with Jevani Brown for one still off his face through Wednesday lunchtime, going to be a big ask ! With mission accomplished not sure how badly the players want the bling, guess we’ll find out tomorrow at Sixfields v our bogey team. 

Although you did us both a massive favour on Tuesday, the hobby jobbies should still pip us, probably deservedly in truth over the season.  Hopefully you’re just taking the longer scenic route via the arch, rooting for you, geddon Town.

I saw that video of him at 9am swigging from a bottle of champagne
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Friday, April 29, 2022, 18:56:30 »

Are the Barrow fans aware they are playing us tomorrow😀

https://www.barrowafc.net/

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, April 29, 2022, 19:13:30 »

Are the Barrow fans aware they are playing us tomorrow😀

https://www.barrowafc.net/

Was an incredible experience the Barrow away game.
Train cancelled the moment we got arrived on the station, then “right, common we’re driving this.”

It was pissing down with rain, a long and awful journey but the most prominent takeaway after still arriving early and finding a street parking spot. It was silent.
We were the only car in the street.
Equally there was nobody on the street and complete eerie silence. We decided the supermarket was the best option.

It’s grim for sure. Know a few contractors who have worked in the Town and were not complimentary.
Drugs and Booze grim reality to get through. Unemployment particularly for the Young is high.

Mind you give me those Northern outposts over Forest Green and Stevenage.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, April 29, 2022, 19:17:12 »

Train cancelled the moment we got arrived on the station, then “right, common we’re driving this.”

It was pissing down with rain, a long and awful journey but the most prominent takeaway after still arriving early and finding a street parking spot. It was silent.
Equally there was nobody on the street and complete eerie silence. We decided the supermarket was the best option.

It’s grim for sure. Know a few contractors who have worked in the Town and were not complimentary.
Drugs and Booze grim reality to get through. Unemployment particularly for the Young is high.

Nice summary! It sounds a really depressing place to live but it must have it's good parts😀

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, April 29, 2022, 19:28:17 »

Nice summary! It sounds a really depressing place to live but it must have it's good parts😀

Just find the Northern folk generally superb.

10 of us Corporate tomorrow, have arranged something as a surprise with the club for my eldest lad.
Long day and just hope we win to make it special.

We’ve done the season every game home and away.
An old friend that I’ve not seen in 30 years will be on another table (Sunderland), as well as my old best mate from school (Swindon),  some stories will come out no doubt. The Sunderland lad was the spitting image of the lead singer from the rock band Journey 😂
Somehow we have all aged now but “we won’t stop believing.”

Can’t wait, early start and late return what possibly could go wrong Sad
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Friday, April 29, 2022, 19:32:14 »

Have a great day Duke family. Ya prawn sarnie gits Smiley
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, April 29, 2022, 19:36:04 »

Have a great day Duke family. Ya prawn sarnie gits Smiley

Will need to be on the best behaviour mate.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, April 29, 2022, 19:43:12 »

Just find the Northern folk generally superb.

10 of us Corporate tomorrow, have arranged something as a surprise with the club for my eldest lad.
Long day and just hope we win to make it special.

We’ve done the season every game home and away.
An old friend that I’ve not seen in 30 years will be on another table (Sunderland), as well as my old best mate from school (Swindon),  some stories will come out no doubt. The Sunderland lad was the spitting image of the lead singer from the rock band Journey 😂
Somehow we have all aged now but “we won’t stop believing.”

Can’t wait, early start and late return what possibly could go wrong Sad

Repect for doing every home and away game which includes midweek matches, at times a logistical nightmare along with the rising fuel cost and ear ache from the Mrs when she picked you up from the railway station!
I'm guessing your taking the train tomorrow so that you can have a few🍺🍺🍺

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, April 29, 2022, 19:54:59 »

Repect for doing every home and away game which includes midweek matches, at times a logistical nightmare along with the rising fuel cost and ear ache from the Mrs when she picked you up from the railway station!
I'm guessing your taking the train tomorrow so that you can have a few🍺🍺🍺

Yes the early train.

By the way by the time we get back from Walsall it will be 9,026 miles this season.⚽️
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, April 29, 2022, 20:02:25 »

Yes the early train.

By the way by the time we get back from Walsall it will be 9,026 miles this season.⚽️

About the same distance from London to Perth😀

So, give no fucks
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, April 29, 2022, 21:40:17 »

I spent 3 weeks there in the late seventies working on my first Manpower placement, with about a dozen others from the Swindon area. Rhys Neal is the only guy in the group I remember, a fairly well known Face. We stayed in a B&B on Walney Island and worked 10 hour days at British Cellophane. We were out and about every night in Barrow, there was a wide choice of clubs and pubs, mostly with "Turns", singers, comedians and bands. a memorable night was had in Barrow Supporters
Club. One of the guys by chance met a girl he'd known from working at Butlins, me and him and one of her friends went back to her place and had a couple of drinks and her parents made us sandwiches, very hospitable! There were a lot of good people living there then, seems unemployment may have dragged it down a bit. Shame.
Happy days.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, April 29, 2022, 21:54:04 »

We quite liked it - Found a fantastic Turkish restaurant called Kapadokya.  Amazing food but also an experience as its been turned into a cave!   Had a walk along the beach - yes bits of it were glowing but perfectly pleasant.

Some decent pubs too - Jefferson's you could stay in all day, bar with sky sports, half a dozen real ales and a restaurant at the back with a decent fry up and some high end gastro-bollox for dinner.

Worst ground I've ever had this misfortune to go to - weather was shite too of course.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, April 29, 2022, 22:02:49 »

Seen a couple of people on Twitter who had spare Walsall tickets. Imagine a few more will crop up next week too (especially if Saturday doesn’t go to plan!)

Cheers R4E. I'll maybe scout one or two people out. True that there may be some more. I guess there is a 66.6% chance (draw and lose) of more people giving them away after tomorrow or a 33.3% chance (Town win) of there being nothing available other than grabbing a home ticket...

What's the chances, if Town are 0-1 down at HT tomorrow, and someone says "you can have my Walsall ticket pal" and then Town end up winning 2-1/3-1 Smiley

All in all, although it'd be great to go to Walsall (in the away end) with something still to play for, I wouldn't mind going anyway just to give the players a "thanks", as it seems they do seem to have found some more adrenalin and are giving it one final go!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, April 29, 2022, 22:10:41 »

One of the guys by chance met a girl he'd known from working at Butlins, me and him and one of her friends went back to her place and had a couple of drinks and her parents made us sandwiches, very hospitable!

I take it her mum took a shine to you then? "We've now been married for 40 years" Wink

I think that's what they call "NSA"* in B-o-F  Yikes

*Nice Sandwiches Attached

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, April 30, 2022, 05:18:47 »

Really looking forward to today. 2-1 to the town.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: