Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Forest Green Rovers pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 25902 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 08:09:05 »

Having an extra man against a team hanging onto the lead doesn’t always lead to dominating the game tbf - just ask….umm Swindon, only a few weeks back we couldn’t do it…

Eh? We did dominate that game after the red. Much like FGR though, we couldn't break them down bar one fluke.

Think we win that 3 or 4-0 at 11 v 11. We had their number. Fantastic effort to keep the 3 points. Pathetic support from the gimmick village club as always. Didn't think too much of them. Could move the ball about well but their play was very predictable. Ball over the top to the left winger. Every. Single. Time. Still, they're top for a reason I guess and we gave them a good slap.

It has to continue now. It's the most Swindon thing ever to win that and then go and lose to Barrow. Fans were very good, need to keep it going.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 08:10:59 »

Their No 22 should have got a second yellow for his contribution to this. But typical of the Referee's performance throughout.

https://twitter.com/jiff1967/status/1519044791341928450?s=20&t=AWfYd2RbsqW6QqarS4nhng

Hard to watch that and think one yellow card for the guy in red...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 08:12:34 »

Barrow, again bigger than tonight of course, the stakes are higher.

Just hope we play a bit better than we did at their place, we were absolutely sodding gash that day!

Only dark mark would be Ward. Thought he could have done better for the goal and distribution was poor throughout (although not helped by it constantly being played onto his left foot)

As a one footed keeper at Sunday league level that used to drive me fucking mad, defenders desperately getting rid to the keeper in a shit position on his wrong foot time and time again and then moaning like they were Gascoigne when my clearance with my wrong foot was wank!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 08:14:35 »

That was comedian and Swindon fan Ivo Graham

Nice one😀 He was very knowledgeable but it took a while to get used to him!

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 08:16:54 »

Jimmy the noise and support was magnificent.
Best for some time.🙌

It was really loud Duke and proves that we do have the passion!

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 08:17:07 »

Absolutely superb, mate.

I felt emotionally drained after that.
Struggled to sleep Smiley
What a cracking display and holding on at the end.
Cramp, hobbling, blocking and every tackle met by a roar from the stands.

Call out for AK came in and straight into the battle.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 08:20:21 »

One of their fans is looking forward to the better standard of refereeing in league one Idiot
One said both our goals were offside Idiot
Apparently we are cheats and childish.  Baby
The ref gave us nothing, all game. Could they really not see that? Need some more carrots.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 08:27:32 »

They need to start eating meat again😀

So, give no fucks
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 08:44:24 »

One of their fans is looking forward to the better standard of refereeing in league one Idiot
One said both our goals were offside Idiot
Apparently we are cheats and childish.  Baby
The ref gave us nothing, all game. Could they really not see that? Need some more carrots.

For the first there's a handy line on the pitch to prove it's on. For the second, the camera doesn't quite catch it but their player (no 7) is caught too deep, running out at quite a pace to get ahead of the back line so would have been close.

TBH I'd prefer it if Barry was off  Cheesy

EDIT: Just seen a wide angle shot of the pass from Baudry and Barry's played a good yard or two on by the no 7.

https://twitter.com/alexjhays/status/1519245002416791552?s=20&t=b-fkzmtQAUkbMjsQKVtPCg
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 09:05:14 by reeves4england » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 09:03:36 »

To be fair, I'm not sure the referee was particularly good for one team or the other - he was largely fine until the red card incident at which point he went to bits and started giving decisions more or less at random. We certainly gave him plenty of decisions to make in the last 20 minutes (understandably in the circumstances).
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 09:30:09 »

Although they had nearly all the possession in the last 40 minutes or so, we never really looked like conceding. Can’t remember Ward having to make a difficult save or them missing sitters.

I know Iandolo made it tough with his sending off but now he’s firmly established himself in the starting XI he’s come on leaps and bounds from previous seasons.

If you look carefully at the remaining fixtures, there’s the slightest glimmer of actually getting 3rd spot.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 09:42:00 »

If you look carefully at the remaining fixtures, there’s the slightest glimmer of actually getting 3rd spot.
put down the glue.

Rovers have got Rochdale and Scunthorpe!
Sutton - Bradford and Harrogate
Northampton have also got barrow

find it impossible to see them all slip up
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #432 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 09:53:23 »

The usual comments from FGR, OMG what a bunch of whinging moaners and sucking on sour grapes!

I loves it I does!

Omgm another goal offside

I'm sat in line.... Goal looked very offside

How can we play against a referee like this.

Even Swindon's first goal was offside as their forward was stood goal side of our full back as it was played through, right in front of the linesman, as for the second a long way offside

A shame Swindon did the double on us

Ugly play by Swindon even before they were reduced to ten men. Childish ball keeping tactics by the home fans and not a challenge in sight by any stewards even when the kid in front of us punted the ball up into the stand.
Really hope they enjoy another season in League 2

must say that Swindon looked a very physical team but we played well in the second half. Lot of nose to nose abuse from our opponents as they showed their desperation. Not a pretty game.

To see Swindon celebrating wildly for scraping a narrow win, shows me how far we've come.

Wouldn't want McKirdy anywhere near the club to be honest, talented maybe but comes across as an utter bellend whenever I've seen him.

Did my eyes deceive me or at one point did a ball boy sit on the ball rather than give it back?

An incident packed game with some entertaining, fast flowing football from both sides. Swindon were desperate for the points and all our players were certainly up for it. Love these packed stadiums, especially when our fans are 'loud and proud'.

But unsavoury were the actions of many of the Swindon fans, some of their players, a couple of ball boys & the control of the referee.'Utter bellend' describes McKirdy well Kentstripe. Both goals had a suspicion of offside. Like Foggy, I wont miss the away day at Swindon.

We came out of the cauldron relatively unscathed and there are two more very competitive fixtures to enjoy before the end of this memorable season.

Swindon were a good team, but must say they were also a cheating team. FGR came out fighting second half, in several ways. Must comment about their supporters who completely helped Swindon waste time by hiding the ball every time it went into the stands.

Firstly from an FGR perspective we were very good, especially considering we were against a Swindon side pushing for the playoffs.

This one took the Garibaldi though....

Just to clarify this is not sour grapes because we lost.

The referee:
Totally out of his depth and lost control of the game very early on. Yet another inept performance from the officials including a blatant offside for one of the goals.

The one thing I won’t miss from League 2 is the standard of refereeing.

Swindon Town:
They set up to frustrate and stop our free flowing game. Fair enough.

However the play acting, time wasting, kicking the ball away and standing in front of free kicks without being punished was a joke and worst I have seen first hand.
Although Swindon got the three points, I would feel embarrassed as a fan.
McKirdy epitomised this. I have often thought he would be a great signing and is obviously a great talent. Which begs the question why he needs to play act? Again embarrassing.

This could have been a fantastic match if the ref had done his job.

After last night and the behaviour of the ref, the Swindon players and fans, I hope they remain in League 2 for the foreseeable future.

Ref can I have my money back?
Just so they realise...we had the same crap ref and had more to moan at from his deicisions probably than they did!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 09:55:19 »

They must have got given a foul for every tackle we put in.
A deserved 6 points off them this season  Smiley
Can't imagine McKirdy would want to play for them with gates of 2,500
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 09:58:57 by 4D » Logged
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 09:56:14 »

That’s almost precisely what he is.

Seeing he is born on Tokyo and went to Eaton.

Has he ever said why he supports Swindon? haha.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: