Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v L’Orient pre match and match day thread  (Read 22206 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 12:19:23 »

All been true all season.

I can’t see him still being here by the time the calendar year ends.
Unless we bring in some experience to help - just gonna use Tony Pulis as an example because he worked with Garner at Palace and took him up to West Brom.
Ying & Yang probably more effective together then either on there own.
pantomime dame

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 12:26:33 »

There are definite similarities between Garner and Williams. It's academy style football that they try to get their teams to play.

I've been saying this since November and Luke Warm was one of the reasons I stopped coming to the County Ground.

Woke is the revenge of the mediocre
pantomime dame

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 12:29:13 »

Most long balls yesterday were woeful. Simple stuff.
As opposed to our short balls? Because if their was some great passes, then I must of dozzed off.

Woke is the revenge of the mediocre
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #468 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 12:31:55 »

Ying & Yang probably more effective together then either on there own.
Arent they Spurs forward line? Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 13:09:56 »

As opposed to our short balls? Because if their was some great passes, then I must of dozzed off.

It was all balls tbh  Smiley
normy

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 13:54:15 »

I was disappointed with Egbo. He only took on the fullback once and got that good cross in, but no more for some reason, he moved inside a lot and got crowded out. Admittedly he didn't get much support from behind him, but perhaps he was under orders to play a different kind of game than we saw him perform against Harrogate.

ust be the oldest
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 14:06:27 »

I was disappointed with Egbo. He only took on the fullback once and got that good cross in, but no more for some reason, he moved inside a lot and got crowded out. Admittedly he didn't get much support from behind him, but perhaps he was under orders to play a different kind of game than we saw him perform against Harrogate.

He is going to be very hit and miss for a while, assuming he will improve over time.  He's been playing the equivalent of Academy level football in USL for NY Red Bulls II.  It's like L1 to Conference level talent playing in an Academy sort of way.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 16:17:09 »

Surely it should be the Orient's ?  Cheesy

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 19:00:56 »

That's Cheech and Chong!🙂

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2022, 07:46:25 »

He got doubles up quite a bit, I noticed, even when they had 10 men.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2022, 08:08:28 »

I pointed out Egbo reluctance to try to beat his man during the game.

mind you JML got pelters for trying to do the same v Newport and failing

whatever the reason is, I hope it's not coached because his asset was movement and directness. Maybe Harrogate took to much out of him.

with hindsight maybe Williams should have started. But you can't drop Egbo after Friday!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #476 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2022, 09:24:46 »

That's Cheech and Chong!🙂
Thats a smoking front line!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2022, 09:58:50 »

I pointed out Egbo reluctance to try to beat his man during the game.

mind you JML got pelters for trying to do the same v Newport and failing

whatever the reason is, I hope it's not coached because his asset was movement and directness. Maybe Harrogate took to much out of him.

with hindsight maybe Williams should have started. But you can't drop Egbo after Friday!

You need to keep in mind that Egbo is not used to playing forward as he is with us, from what I understand he has played most of his career at RB.  He might have the pace and power to run at players, but if it is not natural to you, 9/10 your brain will revert to what you know, which for a RB is to turn back and protect the ball.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2022, 11:23:10 »

you are absolutely right. it's more that he didn't do it as much as he did at Harrogate in the same position.

Think there's some raw talent there though
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2022, 20:25:44 »

After the shitshow of last summer we need to give Garner a full pre-season and a chance to try (along with Ben Chorley) to build on this season, however some of the performances- especially at home, have been abysmal.

Its been reminiscent of watching us under Williams- academy/ testimonial football. My biggest concern is the intensity or lack thereof and our lack of match sharpness/fitness.

Personally can't see Garner here long term especially if we start next season like the last few months of this! Hope he proves me wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: