Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v L’Orient pre match and match day thread  (Read 22230 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 20:53:04 »

I've had time to reflect, and I'm still fucked off with our last 2 home performances.

we could easily have had 4 more points

ifs and buts.. we don't
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 21:19:17 »

Only the last 2?

Home form has been shocking all season.  We score goals for fun away, but seem to freeze in front of a bigger crowd at home.

The quality just evaporated today.  No pace and everything just hoofed over the top into the Townend/bank.

Quick ball to feet and plenty of movement was required today but took 75 mins before we even considered that by which time we were 2 down.

Pathetic and disappointing on so many levels.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 21:24:52 »

not only the last 2. But it highlights how close we were to the playoffs
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 21:34:30 »

not only the last 2. But it highlights how close we were to the playoffs
That's the frustration.  Away form shows that we are easily good enough to get promoted, but choosing to play walking football at home has cost us
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 07:09:08 »

Was a good game for the first 25 minutes. Orient set out to attack and both teams went toe to toe in what was entertaining. We conceded in the usual manner from an awfully defended free kick set piece which we haven't been able to look remotely like doing properly all season, I've no idea who was culpable but it was all too easy for Beckles. Then their player got the stupidest second yellow I've seen in a while and immediately Orient changes things and banked in to take what they have. We decided that the best way to get in at them was to play balls in to the wing backs, Conroy to Egbo and JOB to Ellis/Tomlinson, or more often rows C-K.

Second half more of the same interspersed with another feebly conceded second to Beckles after a period of throw in pinball. We just seemed very one dimensional even after  bringing Williams on (just remembered he came on at half time) and attempted to try something different than the balls to the wing backs. Neat one twos through the middle opened up Orient a couple of times including a nice goal by Davison. We huffed and puffed but in reality never really looked like equalising. It just felt a bit disjointed in the second half, which really sums up our season in all honesty.

Orient seemed very organised and hard working and that was all they really needed to do, we didn't have the tools or the skills to unlock them, and when we did it was too late. It's a real shame that with our run in we haven't been able to make a fist of autos or the play offs and we're going to finish around 10th. It's a platform for next season but with costs spiralling it will be interesting to see season ticket sales and what kind of budget we'll have in place for it.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 07:11:59 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 07:16:08 »

Was a good game for the first 25 minutes. Orient set out to attack and both teams went toe to toe in what was entertaining. We conceded in the usual manner from an awfully defended free kick set piece which we haven't been able to look remotely like doing properly all season, I've no idea who was culpable but it was all too easy for Beckles. Then their player got the stupidest second yellow I've seen in a while and immediately Orient changes things and banked in to take what they have. We decided that the best way to get in at them was to play balls in to the wing backs, Conroy to Egbo and JOB to Ellis/Tomlinson, or more often rows C-K.

Second half more of the same interspersed with another feebly conceded second to Beckles after a period of throw in pinball. We just seemed very one dimensional even after  bringing Williams on (just remembered he came on at half time) and attempted to try something different than the balls to the wing backs. Neat one twos through the middle opened up Orient a couple of times including a nice goal by Davison. We huffed and puffed but in reality never really looked like equalising. It just felt a bit disjointed in the second half, which really sums up our season in all honesty.

Orient seemed very organised and hard working and that was all they really needed to do, we didn't have the tools or the skills to unlock them, and when we did it was too late. It's a real shame that with our run in we haven't been able to make a fist of autos or the play offs and we're going to finish around 10th. It's a platform for next season but with costs spiralling it will be interesting to see season ticket sales and what kind of budget we'll have in place for it.

Can't disagree with any of that. No sense of urgency on the pitch or in the stands.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 07:36:12 »

Can't disagree with any of that. No sense of urgency on the pitch or in the stands.

I think that's a good way of summing it up. Casually passing between the back 2/3. Its one of my bug bears that it's our defence that always seems to try and compose something, I dont feel that our talented midfielders get involved enough the way we are setup. You saw glimpses of what we could do, Jesus with Payne, Williams and Reed on the pitch it should be manna from heaven for Davison who we never really create chance after chance for. He took his well but apart from that I can't think of much we created for the big man.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 07:41:39 »

I've had time to reflect...it was still shite. Repetitive shite.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 07:47:51 »

I think that's a good way of summing it up. Casually passing between the back 2/3. Its one of my bug bears that it's our defence that always seems to try and compose something, I dont feel that our talented midfielders get involved enough the way we are setup. You saw glimpses of what we could do, Jesus with Payne, Williams and Reed on the pitch it should be manna from heaven for Davison who we never really create chance after chance for. He took his well but apart from that I can't think of much we created for the big man.

…and that’s exactly the reason why Garner probably won’t make a decent go of football management. Those are our tactics and they don’t work at this level.

Christ, I know we are going to the extremes here but could you imagine our Paolo Di Canio side being 2-0 down against 10 men at home and then constantly fannying around with it at the back. No fucking chance - we’d be busting our balls to win 3-2

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 08:04:14 »

Havent read back...

I dare not.

Massively disappointing.

Got excited at the final ten minutes that we might get a draw that wasnt good enough.

We are a good team but not a great one...great ones go up.

Clems Army!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 08:05:52 »

Sorry but Conroy isnt good enough in my book.I've never been one to rush to conclusions about a player but he has had long enough now to prove me wrong and unfortunately he hasn't. Brutal truth is that he's a defender who simply cannot defend.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 08:15:17 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 08:06:28 »

Havent read back...

I dare not.

Massively disappointing.

Got excited at the final ten minutes that we might get a draw that wasnt good enough.

We are a good team but not a great one...great ones go up.

Not necessarily at league 2. Sutton and Northampton are both in with a shout at autos and they've been pretty ordinary based on what I've seen. Organised yes, great, far from it.

ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 08:17:48 »

Actually if it wasn't for the football match, I had a pretty good time at the game yesterday. Took my 5 yo daughter to her second ever game (she even watch some of it this time), Baudry gave her his signed Her Game Too warm up t-shirt and the pizza winner gave away some of his pizza to us at half time.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 08:22:52 »

Actually if it wasn't for the football match, I had a pretty good time at the game yesterday. Took my 5 yo daughter to her second ever game (she even watch some of it this time), Baudry gave her his signed Her Game Too warm up t-shirt and the pizza winner gave away some of his pizza to us at half time.

Great to hear the club doing so much off the pitch, now if they can crack it on it!!

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 08:30:19 »

The managers philosophy is only as good as the players asked to deliver it. What's clear to me is that we are lacking in that department when key players are missing/having an off day.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: