Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v L’Orient pre match and match day thread  (Read 22357 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 19:20:32 »

Why do you keep saying this? It will be healthier than this season. Don't just assume it will not be that good because certain players are not being offered deals this summer

So Conroy hasnt been offered a new deal then

Things get better but they never get good
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 19:21:27 »

There’s no real excuse for cuts. Clem was, supposedly, willing to pay in excess of the mythical Able’s offer of £7.5m for the club. He ended up paying £217,500 for it.

Crowds, Man City cup tie and Twine money all jam. Debts are being paid down with commendable speed. The outcome of the FA charge, Power’s final attempt to extort money from the club and financing the purchase of the CG have to be weighed up against the increase in income.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 19:24:19 »

Yes, we would have had to honour those pre embargo contracts but they will run down this summer although those players will be looking for at least the same money.

I guess we will have to see how much Clem is prepared to put in. With our gates it doesn't need an FGR or Salford £4M each season but probably does need some topping up.

That's where the new transparency will get interesting if there are budget cuts and gates hold up.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 19:38:56 »

My thoughts too
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #424 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 19:44:34 »

Really?
I’ve heard further cuts.
It's obvious who your source is, let's wait and see. To post as if it's fact though is out of order in my opinion.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 19:45:03 »

…and that’s obviously due to finances and not the fact he’s crap.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 19:46:55 »

I get that they are trying to "run" it like a business that just does more to stay above water but football is more than a business. Akin to owning a boat, an owner must be expected to throw more money at it than it is worth to keep it afloat and will never sell it at a profit.

It's a rich persons game, when you aren't a rich human or relatively so to many in that circle, you'll struggle. Clem has a decent business, Rob Angus seemingly has good business pedigree which is good...for running a business. It just can't correlate to football as inflation in football is not in line with modern business. It has to be supplemented. That falls at the purse of the owner. If they aren't forth coming - it fails.

Jury is still out. My view at present is that Clem is just a little bit nicer version than the previous fucking toad. I don't for one minute believe he is totally clean cut (no one in football is unfortunately) - it's more annoying when they try to make out that they are though...until it unravels. Again.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 19:49:14 »

…and that’s obviously due to finances and not the fact he’s crap.

Conroy should be gone by the end of this season regardless of which of the two facts are more true.

He's got a great career as a L2 passing coach in a few years.

'Incessant Nonsense'

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 20:07:05 »

It's obvious who your source is, let's wait and see. To post as if it's fact though is out of order in my opinion.

Why do you think contacts are linked to the club?
Probably a few others have contacts in the game and not just at Swindon.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 20:08:24 »

I get that they are trying to "run" it like a business that just does more to stay above water but football is more than a business. Akin to owning a boat, an owner must be expected to throw more money at it than it is worth to keep it afloat and will never sell it at a profit.

It's a rich persons game, when you aren't a rich human or relatively so to many in that circle, you'll struggle. Clem has a decent business, Rob Angus seemingly has good business pedigree which is good...for running a business. It just can't correlate to football as inflation in football is not in line with modern business. It has to be supplemented. That falls at the purse of the owner. If they aren't forth coming - it fails.

Jury is still out. My view at present is that Clem is just a little bit nicer version than the previous fucking toad. I don't for one minute believe he is totally clean cut (no one in football is unfortunately) - it's more annoying when they try to make out that they are though...until it unravels. Again.
Rob Angus is probably the best asset the club has at the moment. He could get a job tomorrow paying a shitload more and with much greater security. I'd be worried if he left.
I'd expect this season has been one of establishing finances and getting skeletons out. Next season they should have a much fairer idea of where the club is at and budget accordingly, whether up or down I don't know
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 20:09:46 »

My thoughts too

I hope so but expecting wholesale changes.
Equally after that today I wouldn’t mind seeing a complete rebuild.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 20:13:29 »

We are not out of the off field challenges by any stretch of the imagination.
Until this is all out in the open and our destiny settled it’s always in the back on the mind.
This season at least has given us a breather from the pre season daily battles.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 20:15:26 »

Rob Angus is probably the best asset the club has at the moment. He could get a job tomorrow paying a shitload more and with much greater security. I'd be worried if he left.
I'd expect this season has been one of establishing finances and getting skeletons out. Next season they should have a much fairer idea of where the club is at and budget accordingly, whether up or down I don't know

Decent bloke however has no say at the top of the tree.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 20:20:02 »

Great to see Wellens get a decent reception after the whistle.
Had all his family down to the game today.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 20:51:32 »

Why do you think contacts are linked to the club?
Probably a few others have contacts in the game and not just at Swindon.

Yeah I'm with Dukey on this one. Whilst we might not agree on Conroy (and I don't think he's a rubbish player, just not captain material - I think he still needs development there), there are several people on here who have links with people in the game all over the place. Even I had a few last season that also made a link to a STFC. Most of mine will almost always come from Midlands or Northern clubs cos ya know, that's my locale Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: