Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v L’Orient pre match and match day thread  (Read 22199 times)
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:45:32 »

Hypothetical question but would wellens have got more out of this squad of players🤔

100% yes but alas that ship sailed a while ago sadly. So fucking annoyed with our inept performances at home.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:45:49 »

Too many weedy, dwarf-like players. No power, no strength, no tackling.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:46:44 »

Hypothetical question but would wellens have got more out of this squad of players🤔

Unsure.

We’d still be a striker short but he’d definitely set us up to be more attacking.
…not…sure he’d have signed the player we have signed in the first place and he’d have probably fallen out with some. Plus over played some to the point they were injured all the time.
Would have kept Grant around probably. Defence still would have been shite and Conroy probably still Captain.

If anything - a Garner/Wellens co management team would have supplemented each other very well…
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:47:07 »

100% yes but alas that ship sailed a while ago sadly. So fucking annoyed with our inept performances at home.

Spot on

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:49:21 »

Unsure.

We’d still be a striker short but he’d definitely set us up to be more attacking.
…not…sure he’d have signed the player we have signed in the first place and he’d have probably fallen out with some. Plus over played some to the point they were injured all the time.
Would have kept Grant around probably. Defence still would have been shite and Conroy probably still Captain.

If anything - a Garner/Wellens co management team would have supplemented each other very well…

It hurts even discussing it especially when you see the lack of quality in some the teams above us.

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:50:32 »

Too many weedy, dwarf-like players. No power, no strength, no tackling.

All of which you need to fight your way out of league 2

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:52:11 »

Probably not.  Also, his tenure would, I suspect, have come to an abrupt end if/when another lower league gig became available.

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:55:41 »

Probably not.  Also, his tenure would, I suspect, have come to an abrupt end if/when another lower league gig became available.

I blame Power for wellens taking the Salford job as he seemed really happy here. Under Clem I reckon he would have flourished but as stated above that ship sailed a long time ago so we have to make do and wonder!

So, give no fucks
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:57:06 »

I blame Power for wellens taking the Salford job as he seemed really happy here and under Clem I reckon he would have flourished but as above that ship sailed a long time ago.

I think we need to finally forget about 'the messiah'.

Nothing to see here
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:57:33 »

I will give Rob Angus his due, he went and got my son Ketchup when my Mum sent him off to do so.  However, this summer he needs to earn his CEO salary.  Sit down with Garner and lay out the expectations for next season in no uncertain terms.  Let him know he will have a top 7 budget for wages because you are budgeting on 10k crowds being sustained, but to do that, Garner is immediately on the hook to serve up a top 7 performing team to sustain those crowds.  There is now way we should be hamstrung like we were this season given the assurity the crowds should now have delivered.  Yes, debts need sorting, but a guy came in and told everyone he was going to sort those if he got the club.  He has had his way and must be bringing in far more income than had been planned for in 2021/22.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:58:20 »

I think we need to finally forget about 'the messiah'.

Yep, Glen fucked off to Chelsea years ago.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:59:23 »

Just back.  Hows the meltdown going?

Never knowingly overstated.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 17:01:12 »

No meltdown Garner reckons we will definitely make the play offs if we win our last four games😀

So, give no fucks
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 17:04:01 »

Wellens only mentioned as he was on the opposing bench for clarity. Garner isn’t the long term solution with his current game plan (despite the contract extension) and I think if most fans are honest, can’t see many disagreeing with that. Our home form is inexcusable. Real shame for Tomlinson if that’s him out for the season because he did give us something different. Anyone want a Walsall and coach ticket x2?!
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 17:04:12 »

Yep, Glen fucked off to Chelsea years ago.

Yeah, good point.

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: