Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v L’Orient pre match and match day thread  (Read 22200 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #315 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 15:46:29 »

FT 1-2

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 15:48:02 »

Garners inability to turn around our home form has cost us.
Ah well, at least we had most possession. Top of the table for that.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 15:49:50 »

Got what we deserved.

Williams MotM for Town with a 6/10 performance, which says alot about the rest of the team

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 15:50:23 »

If the Modus Operandi is just to stay in L2 for the foreseeable then they won't get rid. The club will spout some bollocks about continued restructuring. They chose the perfect CEO in Rob Angus an ex Banking Professional to reel out the lines of elongated corporate PR bollocks that even puts me to shame  Cheesy Glorified bloody loan agent in my eyes with a gift of the gab no doubt.

Yep and they should read this, fans will be angry as currently there are more questions than there are answers. IF they show intent for next season being a true promotion push and not a watered down attempt in order to push the marketing campaign to get more money in (yet no real interest in getting promoted) then maybe that'll change.

It's fucking frustrating becasue with the absolute shite in this division, Town could quite easily have got automatic promotion - maybe even as Champs. I still think the actual club strategy was to NOT obtain promotion. Because they currently don't have the money to finance a club in L1. No matter how many fans turn up. Clem's talks of establishing a Championship club is mere pipedreams from the same copybook as the former incumbant Tony Tucker.

This club (definitively the club's strong of owners) is really starting to boil my piss! Ahh fuck it. Beer O'clock!

Difficult to know where to start with this rubbish! There is very little evidence to support your view, and a significant amount to refute it. They must be livid with Davison scoring 8 in 17 on loan. They should have got one of those 0 in 17 strikers! I think the plan, rather than not progress (your view of what’s happening) is conditional progression (do as well as we can within our means, ie, break the insolvency cycle). And Rob Angus and Morfuni deserve more credit and respect than that…

« Last Edit: Monday, April 18, 2022, 15:53:23 by Frigby Daser » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 15:51:10 »

Unfortunately we look every bit a combination of a team with too diverse a talent pool and lacking in anything close to street smarts.  Both of those can and should be fixed given the foundation crowds of 10k plus should have provided for a club at this level.  All season long Garner has felt to me like he is still running an Academy, where the success criteria is just so vastly different.  He is probably a fair enough choice given the limitations we had going into the season, but he has to show something different and sharpish over the summer.  On top of that, a lot of goodwill will evaporate if investment isn't forthcoming in the squad.  Not crazy spending, but we can't hope to be successful if we have 5 or 6 payers like Aguiar in the first team squad (not picking on him, just using him as an example of the gap between our playing ability across the squad).
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 15:53:46 »

How many will renew STs after witnessing an entire season of shite home performances?

If Garner can’t fashion a system that works at home after 20 odd games there’s no reason to think he will next season.

Losing, hopefully not lost, a whole heap of goodwill.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 15:54:52 »

Unfortunately we look every bit a combination of a team with too diverse a talent pool and lacking in anything close to street smarts.  Both of those can and should be fixed given the foundation crowds of 10k plus should have provided for a club at this level.  All season long Garner has felt to me like he is still running an Academy, where the success criteria is just so vastly different.  He is probably a fair enough choice given the limitations we had going into the season, but he has to show something different and sharpish over the summer.  On top of that, a lot of goodwill will evaporate if investment isn't forthcoming in the squad.  Not crazy spending, but we can't hope to be successful if we have 5 or 6 payers like Aguiar in the first team squad (not picking on him, just using him as an example of the gap between our playing ability across the squad).

Garner himself definitely needs to show progression
Keep doing the same things. Keep getting the same results - which at this level isn’t good enough.
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 15:55:57 »

Positive - we can just enjoy the final games with no stress!

If they spout rubbish about being under an embargo then I want answers from the club. It was mentioned in the court case that Clem would pay back the loan to remove us from the embargo if/when he took over. Now I understand it was interest free but they can’t then spout that as an excuse this season.

Poorest league 2 in a while and yet we are as mid-table as it comes. Players and manager clue less. 15mins into the game today I questioned whether any of our players could execute a cross field ball. Yet we persisted all game just to hit them out of play.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 15:55:58 »

How many will renew STs after witnessing an entire season of shite home performances?

If Garner can’t fashion a system that works at home after 20 odd games there’s no reason to think he will next season.

Losing, hopefully not lost, a whole heap of goodwill.

Exactly, the best shooting we seem to be doing is ourselves in the foot. Fucks sake.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 15:56:09 »

No urgency til JW entered the fray. Although some may defend him Conroy was awful today in everything he did. You simply cannot let your man go free on a set piece regardless of the stupidity of the free kick or the keeper not coming. A less than free header may well have been saved. As a captain his performance is indefensible in my opinion. Parsons, from what I've seen looks like a startled deer. Aguiar is nowhere near strong enough and even stalwarts like Reed and Payne were poor today. Only Davison,Williams and Iandolo looked to have the necessary work ethic today for me.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:08:02 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #325 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 15:57:38 »

Williams the only player today to be deserving of the shirt.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 15:59:46 »

Really hope we don’t get the usual Garner post match bollocks.
pantomime dame

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:00:24 »

I'm not a fan of Garnerball. It's Luke Williams all over again.if possession and pass completion was the be all and end all ,this dogshit today would be fine but I've not been to an away game all season and I can't see what all the fuss is about. I can't see why people have been banging on about promotion. I've seen precious little quality, passion or style.
Barrow is my last game. I was swept up with the hype of Power being swept aside but the reality of dross football lacking any kind of passion killing any kind atmosphere at the C G is to painful to watch.

Woke is the revenge of the mediocre
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:01:01 »

Really hope we don’t get the usual Garner post match bollocks.

Lads did well
Possession
Should have had a penalty 
Blah blah blah
Blah
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 16:04:19 »

Didn’t bother to travel down today, decided to give it (& FGR) a miss after the complete shambles of a second half against Newport, and it sounds like that was the right call.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: