Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v L’Orient pre match and match day thread  (Read 23038 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 14:40:42 »

Well, we've not been good but the Orient lad getting a dumb red card has handed us a lifeboat. Need a second half performance like we put in plenty in the first half of the season - lots of those were inspired by Williams coming off the bench and changing the tempo so fingers crossed.

On another note, I'm sure I should know - who is the guy in the Papa John's ad that looks like Robbie Savage's meth addict uncle?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 14:40:53 »

Egbo’s been the biggest source of danger for us.
Danger might be too strong a word to be honest. If only he'd try and go past the full back once in a while

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 14:42:15 »

Well, we've not been good but the Orient lad getting a dumb red card has handed us a lifeboat. Need a second half performance like we put in plenty in the first half of the season - lots of those were inspired by Williams coming off the bench and changing the tempo so fingers crossed.

On another note, I'm sure I should know - who is the guy in the Papa John's ad that looks like Robbie Savage's meth addict uncle?
Bullard

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 14:42:21 »

Can't see us scoring at all
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 14:42:33 »

A video could be made of our efforts for the past 20 minutes on how not to play against 10 men.

Can someone please tell Reed to fuck off and leave the central defenders alone when we have the ball.  Nobody is going to pressure them so one is always free to pass to if needed.  Reed getting in between them is just allowing Orient to set up their lines.

Also, can someone else tell Davison to fuck off from dropping back towards our defenders.  For fucks sake.  A central striker in a game where the other team are a man down and he has consistently dropped deep.  At least twice that led to us attacking, crossing, and nobody being in the fucking middle while he trots forward to try and get back into position.

The wide ball is on, get Reed further forwards and either pull players central to him with the pass, or move wide quickly.

Grrrr.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 14:43:02 »

Bullard

Christ he's not aged well. Cheers
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 14:44:38 »

A video could be made of our efforts for the past 20 minutes on how not to play against 10 men.

Can someone please tell Reed to fuck off and leave the central defenders alone when we have the ball.  Nobody is going to pressure them so one is always free to pass to if needed.  Reed getting in between them is just allowing Orient to set up their lines.

Also, can someone else tell Davison to fuck off from dropping back towards our defenders.  For fucks sake.  A central striker in a game where the other team are a man down and he has consistently dropped deep.  At least twice that led to us attacking, crossing, and nobody being in the fucking middle while he trots forward to try and get back into position.

The wide ball is on, get Reed further forwards and either pull players central to him with the pass, or move wide quickly.

Grrrr.

Completely agree on Davison.  For the past few games nowhere to be seen in the mouth of the goal.  For fucks sake that is a strikers job and since he has shit touch he has no business getting involved in the build up.  Just camp out and wait for that ball to come across
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 14:45:36 »

Playing against 10, I'd get another striker on and play 4-2-4. FFS we have nothing to lose
adje

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 14:45:56 »

Williams' arrival is urgent.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 14:47:13 »

The Orient coaching staff need to get some bibs on.

Williams is a key to unlocking this.
Needs to appear very soon.

Not convinced that the Town End are up for sucking the ball into the net a couple of times in 2nd half.
This is the season here, so pull yer fingers out.

The team, please don't succumb to timidity in the 2nd half.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 14:47:15 »

Gladwin, Williams, Aguilar, Parsons and Cowmeadow as options on the bench.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 14:48:21 »

sigh

shit goal to concede, Jojo fuck up, shit defending with a shit foul to start it off.

before that the midfield was lopsided and needed an extra man in there. But then we'd lose an attacker and never score.

egbo needs to take on his man from time to time but has put in a couple of good crosses

no real urgency, which I guess there's a fine line between that and panic

Conroy back to Hollywood pass Conroy. convinced he and O'Brien can not play together

give it to 60, go 3 at the back and put Williams on. I see to god if he goes with gladwin ...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 14:48:43 »

If Reed is going to insist on dropping deep, I'd be inclined to have Williams on for Conroy.  Let Williams or Payne go roaming.  Risky, but having three players sat back behind their 10 is not going to unlock them.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #208 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 14:48:43 »

Can't see us scoring at all
Unfortunately I agree.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 14:50:06 »

Rob : re Davison. he's doing that because there isn't a nucleus midfield player where Reed should be  (as you pointed out)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: