Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Newport County pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34182 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 14:15:39 »

I've said before, crowd size does not equal budget. If a club with sub 4k attendances wants to spunk money they haven't generated themselves on wages that is on them. Us not competing with that isn't incompetence, if anything it's quite the opposite. I will quite happily die on this hill so happy to debate with anyone why we should have a board spending way beyond its means just so we can "compete" with teams who are irresponsible. We've done that before and in many ways we are still suffering because of it.

Also harsh on Aguiar. He's a young lad with only a handful of games to his name, and he's shown flashes of quality. He, along with Dabre and any other young non-league talent we bring it, will need time.

Without doubt one for the future but to rely on him every game not ready.
He had 8 touches of the ball at Rochdale. Not blaming him but having Reed missing and then having no real quality to replace highlights where the squad is.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 14:19:07 »

Polly Tea Rooms in Marlborough.

Hope none of our Chippenham reds witnessed these embarrassing scenes😀
https://m.youtube.com/shorts/mvGHFgqWv8s

More action there than we saw on the pitch at the county ground.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 15:42:17 »

What an embarrassing 'scrap'.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 18:42:13 »

A lot of bloodshed at the Nell Gwynn tea room

I come from a land down-under
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 21:42:14 »

What an embarrassing 'scrap'.

Literally handbags😀

So, give no fucks
DA15red

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 14:02:55 »

Toddler reins 🙈

* FBB6BB32-72DB-4100-8FAA-BD97E4530102.jpeg (72.21 KB, 640x480 - viewed 215 times.)
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 14:06:09 by DA15red » Logged
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 15:40:53 »

The Spidey Senses tingle with this Karachi involvement, especially given the nature of the person doing the legwork and his past.

I mean, there is good money to be made in the Visa industry!  I'm sure some may even engage in less than above board ways of ensuring Visa sponsorship is available.

I'm not suggesting anything, just that red alarm bells should be ringing when a company that is dragging itself from the brink of insolvency is off engaged in things which are massively removed from the core operational needs. 

It could be a low cost gamble of course - but how the fuck do you end up in Karachi.  Think Zav mentioned it was a mate - track record is not great here.

Is this not something for the Trust to clarify and allay supporters concerns once they have the details ?
How is it being financed, ok at the moment it only seems to be costing us transport costs and hotel costs, but even so surely it is money we can ill afford at the moment while under embargo and clearing debts (unless Zav is paying it all out of his own pocket)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 16:26:57 »

The worry would be the other way around - people paying for Visa access from Pakistan.  A football club is a very good way of massaging the entry requirements as it likely counts as highly skilled work and I presume trailing family get access as a result.  It's the utter lack of a connection to STFC that is the worry.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2022, 07:33:00 »

Is this not something for the Trust to clarify and allay supporters concerns once they have the details ?
How is it being financed, ok at the moment it only seems to be costing us transport costs and hotel costs, but even so surely it is money we can ill afford at the moment while under embargo and clearing debts (unless Zav is paying it all out of his own pocket)

I do worry the Trust now have a conflict of interest- their man got the gig, its very tough to then turn around and scrutinise the person you backed a few month later and openly call out anything smelly. Equally they are still mid-way through the CG purchase so a total shake up of the Trust board would rock the boat that side... sticky one.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: