Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Newport County pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34206 times)
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 10:45:00 »

I'm sure with Reed is that the source of the rumour is actually himself. We never disclosed his contract length when he signed, so may possibly be an option clause we've enacted or something as opposed to signing on the dotted line again.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 11:02:02 »

I said a few weeks ago, that Rob Angus told me Williams and Reed were both under contract for next season. Which is great.
If we can keep Payne and JoJo too, we have the foundations in place.

I’d like to see is try and doing something with Peterborough for Tomlinson, whether or not that’s possible with them likely being relegated I don’t know.
Cooper would be another one i’d like to see next season.

Other than that, I don’t think there is anyone else I’d be to fussed about us losing that isn’t already signed for next season.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 11:17:07 »

Tails posting that was the first I have heard of that, I would be very happy if true.

As it has been suggested to me exactly the opposite as well as Payne and Jojo touted as probably leaving too.

I heard it from his mouth. Could just be telling us what we want to hear tbf.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 11:21:02 »

Turn to next season now. I'm not sure what our deal is with new contracts, embargos etc but we need to start trying to tie down more players now. It seems Williams and Reed have actually signed on for another year so that's a good start.

Great news assuming we aren't just activating a clause de-facto to ensure we get paid  for them getting poached in the summer

We'll see...
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 11:28:09 »

I said a few weeks ago, that Rob Angus told me Williams and Reed were both under contract for next season. Which is great.

I’d like to see is try and doing something with Peterborough for Tomlinson, whether or not that’s possible with them likely being relegated I don’t know.

Other than that, I don’t think there is anyone else I’d be to fussed about us losing that isn’t already signed for next season.
Don't forget JOB - I think he, Cooper and Tomlinson would be an awesome back 3 (of 4) to build from.

I'm not so worried about Payne going as he's not been at the races since injury. If he goes, I'd like to replace him with a bigger version of Reed in midfield. Reed's influence often tends to fade in games. A second bigger Reed type player might enable Aguiar to play in his flicks and tricks mode. But, I fear that next year might be a Gladwin pivot with Aguiar and East running for him.

JoJo pulls off some awesome saves, but can also be a bit dodgy at times. If Ward's distribution could be improved, then I wouldn't break the bank for JoJo.

A CF who can score goals, a winger (or two if McKirdy goes) and a striking option off the bench. Simpson would be nice as one of those options, but I can't see it.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #455 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 11:28:53 »

I really hope he is telling the truth, we need a decent backbone in the team, that would be great news.

Doesn't mean we wont accept a bid from a club higher up the leagues but it does mean that he will command a fee and not leave on a free if it does happen.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 11:41:05 »

I'd be very surprised therefore if it wasn't the case given both of these statements, great news. Hopefully at some stage (we may have to wait until the season is officially open) we might get clarity from the club as to the contract situation for next season and beyond. Especially as they are expecting people to put their hands in their pockets for the Season Ticket sales.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 12:16:49 »

Can’t wait for the Club to make these announcements official.

After all when the embargo is lifted the intent of improving maximum one year deals can at last become transparent.
The club is in danger of losing the gain it made on the attendances this season.
After all this was a “free hit” season.

If we can’t compete with teams that barely pull in 5k crowds then we are either incompetent or the finances get questioned by the Supporters and we all want to move on from that.

I will judge simply by intent and just want to be moving forward to a better product on the pitch.
We are not going to be challenging whilst relying on the calibre of East, JML and Aguilar.
Simply lack leaders and experience. The roof on the Bank can wait a little longer.

Over to the Board .........

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 12:32:55 »

the roof on the Bank can't wait if it's a condition of sale of the Country Ground.

I've always thought it relatively pointless otherwise.

Karachi FC though, that one has me puzzled.

I get and like the idea of finding cheaper talent abroad, away from the monopoly of the bigger clubs.

But the chances of getting a sellable player* v the cost? can't see it being a priority now.

*even assuming they could get a work permit.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 12:39:46 »

Can’t wait for the Club to make these announcements official.

After all when the embargo is lifted the intent of improving maximum one year deals can at last become transparent.
The club is in danger of losing the gain it made on the attendances this season.
After all this was a “free hit” season.

If we can’t compete with teams that barely pull in 5k crowds then we are either incompetent or the finances get questioned by the Supporters and we all want to move on from that.

I will judge simply by intent and just want to be moving forward to a better product on the pitch.
We are not going to be challenging whilst relying on the calibre of East, JML and Aguilar.
Simply lack leaders and experience. The roof on the Bank can wait a little longer.

Over to the Board .........

I've said before, crowd size does not equal budget. If a club with sub 4k attendances wants to spunk money they haven't generated themselves on wages that is on them. Us not competing with that isn't incompetence, if anything it's quite the opposite. I will quite happily die on this hill so happy to debate with anyone why we should have a board spending way beyond its means just so we can "compete" with teams who are irresponsible. We've done that before and in many ways we are still suffering because of it.

Also harsh on Aguiar. He's a young lad with only a handful of games to his name, and he's shown flashes of quality. He, along with Dabre and any other young non-league talent we bring it, will need time.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #460 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 12:43:16 »

I get and like the idea of finding cheaper talent abroad, away from the monopoly of the bigger clubs.
This is a great plan, theres some good talent abroad, but, since Brexit football work permits are harder to get unless the player has UK parent/Grandparents.

Even players from the EU will no longer get an automatic work permit which was a given pre Brexit.

Its fine Clem/Xavi suggesting we find talent in Australia or Pakistan etc but there is no way on earth any young talent from either country would get a work permit to sign for a league 2 club unless they have UK hereitage.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 12:54:34 »

exactly.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 13:53:27 »

This is a great plan, theres some good talent abroad, but, since Brexit football work permits are harder to get unless the player has UK parent/Grandparents.

Even players from the EU will no longer get an automatic work permit which was a given pre Brexit.

Its fine Clem/Xavi suggesting we find talent in Australia or Pakistan etc but there is no way on earth any young talent from either country would get a work permit to sign for a league 2 club unless they have UK hereitage.

I recall that a lot of these more distant Countries are linking the relaxing of visa rules to agreeing any sort of trade deals that the government are seeking post Brexit, so it may be the case that Xavi/Clem are actually being a bit ahead of the game?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #463 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 13:57:05 »

I recall that a lot of these more distant Countries are linking the relaxing of visa rules to agreeing any sort of trade deals that the government are seeking post Brexit, so it may be the case that Xavi/Clem are actually being a bit ahead of the game?
There were rumours that would be the case for sure but nothing has come from it so far, I know Australia and New Zealand and possibly India were touted as such, but with no formal information on this process yet it could be way ahead of the game, if there is indeed a game there to start with!

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 14:04:00 »

The Spidey Senses tingle with this Karachi involvement, especially given the nature of the person doing the legwork and his past.

I mean, there is good money to be made in the Visa industry!  I'm sure some may even engage in less than above board ways of ensuring Visa sponsorship is available.

I'm not suggesting anything, just that red alarm bells should be ringing when a company that is dragging itself from the brink of insolvency is off engaged in things which are massively removed from the core operational needs. 

It could be a low cost gamble of course - but how the fuck do you end up in Karachi.  Think Zav mentioned it was a mate - track record is not great here.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: