Mitchell-Lawson - 1 (1.4%)
Davison - 1 (1.4%)
Williams - 1 (1.4%)
Egbo - 2 (2.9%)
Parsons - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 67

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Oldham A MoM  (Read 4255 times)
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 21:47:55 »

Andrew Hawes for this...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1502690029243715587

Fabulous...

He's a great commentator, we're very lucky.

Made not having comms on ifollow for the first 10 mins all the more disconcerting.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, March 12, 2022, 21:56:45 »

I’m going to go against the grain and give it to Odi. I thought he had a great game
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 09:43:09 »

Conroy.
Measured with his short passing and some good accurate longer balls as well.
Maybe to his advantage that Oldham allowed us to play out from the back.

Payne was excellent in the first half but faded in the second which was understandable.

Odimayo did very well at LB with some good forceful runs.

Don't always notice the defensive work that Reed does but was impressed by that side of his game yesterday.

Good for JML to get the start, felt that he has struggled to make any impact from the bench in recent appearances.
Yesterday he was fully involved from the start and that should give him some confidence.

Thought that Parsons did ok when he came on, just needs that first Town goal.

Egbo looks like an athlete that can play a bit on first viewing and made a difference.
Will be interesting to see if he gets any starts.
Anyway.

(On a) Freeee-ee Mandela Egbo.
Fours years in Germany.
Now he wants promotion to Division 3.

Yeah, needs work.  Embarrassed

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 09:20:22 »

Another vote for Conroy. (I feared when I voted I may be in the minority so pleasantly surprised) He brought the ball out intelligently and more often than not was able to start an attacking move by finding a red shirt. His passing ability is absolutely unquestionable and games against sides that have absolutely no attacking ability at all is where Conroy comes into his own. It's just when we play teams that are pretty dangerous where he comes unstuck. Against Oldham there was barely any defending to do, so he was able to play without an aggressive press and look like Beckenbauer. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 09:44:10 »

games against sides that have absolutely no attacking ability at all is where Conroy comes into his own.

A glowing reference for a centre half  Wink Cheesy Cheesy
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #20 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 09:53:53 »

You may jest but in recent years we have had centre backs and keepers gift the opposition goals when faced with such an inept strike force and have cost us games.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 10:13:33 »

Unfortunately I think it's true. Conroy's best attributes are his ability to bring the ball out from the back and his passing. I think it's the 'other' side of his game that he struggles with. It's not necessarily just Dion that we should blame, the whole defensive unit - particularly when balls are crossed in, are culpable. He also makes errors when pressed hard that for me stick out in my mind more than others. Luckily in league 2 he gets away with a lot, but in League 1 would be punished a lot more.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 13:55:45 »

Conroy had a good game as did AK.
A peach of a free kick from Iandolo leading to the goal.
A very promising short debut from Egbo.
Baudry played his part from the sidelines by the looks of things Wink
No one had a bad game to be honest, some were better than others.
Conroy gets my vote for Saturday.

I think Conroy would get less grief from fans if, when he fucked up, he put his hands up and accepted responsibility, as opposed to pointing and waving his arms around and blaming others for not dealing with his shit pass etc.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 14:39:15 »

Their keeper for me. Going down for about three mins in the second half when there was clearly fuck all wrong with him ensured maximum drama out of the 96th minute winner.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 16:48:10 »

Their keeper for me. Going down for about three mins in the second half when there was clearly fuck all wrong with him ensured maximum drama out of the 96th minute winner.

Poetic justice?
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, March 14, 2022, 18:52:23 »

Not forgetting the chap who slightly grazed his head on the advertising hoardings. That was worth a good two minutes of et.

While on the subject, what is ET short for? Because he’s got little legs. soapy tit wank

I meant IT of course, not ET. Turn it off and on again
« Last Edit: Monday, March 14, 2022, 19:45:58 by Qunk » Logged
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 00:02:11 »

Didn’t think there was a standout performance. Thought JML did well in first half. But have to give it to Conroy- all the shit he took off that cunting dinosaur last year. Taken a lot of abuse this year also. I hope he turns it round and can kick on - we’re gonna need him to be on top form for the run in.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: