Williams - 1 (3.6%)
Davison - 0 (0%)
Payne - 13 (46.4%)
Mitchell-Lawson - 0 (0%)
Odimayo - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Exeter C vs STFC MoM  (Read 1694 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, March 8, 2022, 21:39:46 »

You just can't tear the heart out of a team and expect to come through unscathed. That looked and played like a patched-up side, the old defence made the same mistakes they have for the last two seasons and one isolated forward wasn't going to be able to bring the midfield into play, especially when Exeter forced us to stay deep and hump it up rather than playing through.

No surprise about tonight, but will we have enough to pick up points over the next few weeks without so many of the talents who fired our recent good form?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, March 8, 2022, 21:42:49 »

I never give MOTM to a player that only plays 45mins - i have no choice tonight.  Payne is the only one that showed any kind of quality, even Reed was not his usual self bar a few decent balls.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, March 8, 2022, 22:00:31 »

None of them deserve it.

Noone got more than a 6 out of 10!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, March 8, 2022, 22:04:43 »

Payne for me.  Less disappointing than most.  Normally a proper MOM has competition because he combines well with 2 or 3 teammates. Not one player managed that tonight. IMO.  But at least he kept going to the end.  And what a goal.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 00:33:33 »

Iandolo, most consistent over the 90 mins.
Baudry did ok & Payne made a difference in 2nd half.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 07:45:23 »

Payne.

Nobody else was on it at all. Comfortably Reeds worst game for ages. Hunt not far behind.

The chuckle brothers tried to drag AOB down with them. And Iandolo to my eyes was back to his inconsistent side.

Williams huffed without success, East is worse than a old age Grant (Wink), Aguiar couldn't get into the game and Davison was in a thankless task and isolated.

Even Jojo looked hesitant and less confident.

Ak did his best, JmL is JmL - either through lacking in confidence and game time or not good enough.

That leaves Payne, who tried hard and scored a great goal.

We did play a good team of course.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 07:47:37 by Batch » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, March 10, 2022, 09:25:22 »

I gave my vote to Jack Payne. Even in 45 minutes he stood head and shoulders above most of the others. We were getting absolutely nothing out of the Exeter defence but he scored and had another effort (which was wild) after great play. It is great to have him back and he is going to be much needed for the run in.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: