McKirdy - 0 (0%)
Davison - 18 (25%)
Williams - 0 (0%)
East - 0 (0%)
Parsons - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 71

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Walsall MoM  (Read 3988 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 11:15:24 »

I'm gonna go for Reed purely because he absolutely ran that midfield yet again.

Same - Ran the show once again.
Put in some tackles.

Reminded me of Ray McHale.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 11:31:07 »

Same - Ran the show once again.
Put in some tackles.

Reminded me of Ray McHale.
He does, similar height and build and controls games.

Same as when played wide right McKirdy reminds me of Bobby Barnes, shin pads low and socks down, feet moving way faster than he is actually running, tricky feet taking him past players but also knows exactly where the goal is.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 11:35:18 »

Barry for me, first time I have seen him in the flesh and his touch and close control are superb.  Aguilar, Tomilinson and Reed a very close second..

Met with Aguilar after the game as I was in Hospitality - close up he looks like a school kid, doesn't even look the 20 year old that he is.  Looks completely different on the pitch than face to face - fair play to the lad for grabbing his opportunity - got a big future if he continues at this rate.

Made me feel really old this little fucker.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 11:38:47 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 11:49:19 »

To see what I mean about Bobby Barnes watch this from 51 mins in to see the typical McKirdy finish from Barnes.

Also 1 min 20 in here.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 11:54:18 »

I went for Davison, who I admittedly wrote off after the tranmere game. Him and reed were integral to our play. Barry and Aguir also excellent
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 12:30:11 »

Went for Davison.
There is something about him, saw it at Colchester and he just keeps going. Jumps for and wins headers, sensible play bringing others in. If he had scored last night he would have been streets ahead in the voting in my opinion.
The link up play between them all down the left 2nd half was brilliant to watch and what was good was when Walsall started to try and leave a boot in it came right back at them. No punches pulled fucking brilliant commitment throughout making it a great game to witness.
Over 9500 home fans on a Tuesday is remarkable. Fucking love town!!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 13:29:07 »

Went for Davison.
There is something about him, saw it at Colchester and he just keeps going. Jumps for and wins headers, sensible play bringing others in. If he had scored last night he would have been streets ahead in the voting in my opinion.
The link up play between them all down the left 2nd half was brilliant to watch and what was good was when Walsall started to try and leave a boot in it came right back at them. No punches pulled fucking brilliant commitment throughout making it a great game to witness.
Over 9500 home fans on a Tuesday is remarkable. Fucking love town!!
Can't decide who to give it to. Totally agree about Davison though. He does the things I expect a number 9 to do and he does them well. He was instrumental in the first two goals in a way that I don't believe Simpson would have been. Without those goals it would have been a completely different game...
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 16:10:40 »

Reed easily for me.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 16:18:01 »

Aguiar for me!

Now, ain't that just like me?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 09:57:42 »

I went for Aguiar. 2 goals and an all round good performance. High marks also for Barry, Reed (Mr Consistency) Tomlinson and Davison. (who has proved me wrong)

One of those games where nobody really did anything wrong.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 12:14:24 »

I went for Reed as to my view he is a ball winner and gets involved all over the midfield which is always the sort of player that supporters take to. 

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: