Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Football violence on the increase  (Read 6083 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 09:34:11 »

Quote from: Tails
Who would've thought a generation raised on films and TV shows glorifying hooliganism would turn out to be.... hooligans.

I blame heavy metal music
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 09:38:32 »

Never heard of any firms following Rugby teams

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 10:07:06 »

Or tennis.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 10:11:53 »

Never heard of any firms following Rugby teams

This got me thinking of other sports that people attend where you hear about trouble, aside from football and the only ones I can think of are horse racing and maybe Rugby League?

Traditional working class sports I suppose. although the trouble at horse racing is fairly recent if I'm not wrong?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 10:16:22 »

I blame heavy metal music

And Grand Theft Auto too
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 10:24:29 »

This got me thinking of other sports that people attend where you hear about trouble, aside from football and the only ones I can think of are horse racing and maybe Rugby League?

Traditional working class sports I suppose. although the trouble at horse racing is fairly recent if I'm not wrong?

Is there trouble at Rugby League, got a fair few mates who follow it home and away from my Wigan working days (all Warrington supporters!) and never seen any hints of trouble, albeit that is based purely upon their extensive Facebook postings on the topic.

Horse racing seems similar to football, lads who cannot take their ale and coke, albeit Racing tends to be something of a day out so possibly been on the booze longer than the football, plus you can drink throughout! Also from experience a rather peculiar mix of pissed toffs and chavs!

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 10:36:16 »

Is there trouble at Rugby League, got a fair few mates who follow it home and away from my Wigan working days (all Warrington supporters!) and never seen any hints of trouble, albeit that is based purely upon their extensive Facebook postings on the topic.

Horse racing seems similar to football, lads who cannot take their ale and coke, albeit Racing tends to be something of a day out so possibly been on the booze longer than the football, plus you can drink throughout! Also from experience a rather peculiar mix of pissed toffs and chavs!

I think the RL 'trouble' is probably few and far between but I have heard of problems.

This article is from 2016 so may not be prevalent any more.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/hooliganism-rugby-league-lovers-must-unite-against-it/

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 10:41:53 »

let's hope there's a punch up at the boxing Saturday

#khaaaaaaaaaaaaan
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 10:48:53 »

Darts

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 10:58:31 »

Test match cricket on fancy dress Saturday is Leary with lots of drinking but no crowd trouble.

So, give no fucks
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 11:03:08 »

#khaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Hopefully Khan gets ko’d
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 11:04:31 »

#khaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Ah yeah i'm sure there are some right 'tear ups' at boxing right enough.

Darts

Good shout on the darts. I went to a PDC event at Ally Pally one year and they put on double decker buses back into London somewhere. (I forget where) I suspect it wouldn't have been a kick in the arse off getting into the Guinness Book of records for most morons in a Double Decker bus at one time. 

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 11:08:33 »

Quote from: 4D
Darts

can't really see a riot, but it was definitely the Catholics fault
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 11:21:32 »

Good shout on the darts. I went to a PDC event at Ally Pally one year and they put on double decker buses back into London somewhere. (I forget where) I suspect it wouldn't have been a kick in the arse off getting into the Guinness Book of records for most morons in a Double Decker bus at one time. 

Went to the PDC Premier League final at the O2 a few years back.
It was like being in some drunken football crowd. Not something I'd want to associate with.
Crap venue as well.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 12:02:35 »

I suspect it wouldn't have been a kick in the arse off getting into the Guinness Book of records for most morons in a Double Decker bus at one time.  

Don't be so hard on yourself  Wink Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: