Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Football violence on the increase  (Read 6084 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« on: Sunday, February 13, 2022, 20:32:09 »

Football violence on the increase up & down the country this season.

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, February 13, 2022, 20:55:16 »

Is it not just the usual combination of dickheads thinking they are "pwopa nawty", having way more beer, drugs or both etc. than they can handle so being a bit more "confident" and then to throw into the mix, the hiatus of not being able to attend live footy in person has created some kind of pent up cocktail of  incredibly coiled up angst?

It might be compared to something like that of a converted Monk who promised a vow of lifelong celibacy, only to leave the Monastery walls after a couple of years and shag everything in sight  Naughty

Some would see it us a "rise" in violence, when it might just be that the dickheads have ultimately had an enforced vacancy via covid but now they are back and been let out of the swampy pond of life. It's all rather exciting for them I guess... Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, February 13, 2022, 20:59:53 »

Agreed plus cocaine seems to be rife among that culture. Looking at the idiots attacking the wine bar their a lot older than youths so no chance of growing up.

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, February 14, 2022, 13:44:02 »

Agreed plus cocaine seems to be rife among that culture. Looking at the idiots attacking the wine bar their a lot older than youths so no chance of growing up.

I did specifically mention both drugs AND alcohol JQ (amongst other things), as too much of anything often ends up going south.

Also, I wasn't targeting one demographic of people as we all know there are dickheads in their 50s/60s and so on; which is probably worse than a dickhead in much earlier adulthood -but still not excusable.

I still stand by that it's a combination of too much drink/drugs/angst/a suppressed society, where those who likely often participate in this activity purely as a mechanism to "forget" about other things in life. Still no excuse in terms of being violent towards others or their property.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, February 14, 2022, 15:29:01 »

What I don't understand is why the Police won't think twice about beating the shit out of students/women/hippies/unions who are protesting but not up for violence, yet these complete fucking morons are allowed to walk about without so much as a slap on the wrist from our boys and girls in blue.

They should be met by the full force of the law if they are out looking for a pointless fight/causing civil disorder for the sake of it. Rebels without a cause (or a braincell in most cases)
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, February 14, 2022, 15:40:19 »

Looking at the idiots attacking the wine bar their a lot older than youths so no chance of growing up.

For me, that wine bar has done nothing wrong.

What I don't understand is why the Police won't think twice about beating the shit out of students/women/hippies/unions who are protesting but not up for violence, yet these complete fucking morons are allowed to walk about without so much as a slap on the wrist from our boys and girls in blue.

They should be met by the full force of the law if they are out looking for a pointless fight/causing civil disorder for the sake of it. Rebels without a cause (or a braincell in most cases)

Yeah, to be fair the police are notoriously easy going on football supporters.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, February 14, 2022, 15:59:40 »

A lot of football violence happens away from the ground pre/ post match.

A portion of the costs of policing inside the grounds and within the footprint of the ground (car parks etc) are met by the clubs.

Your average police area commander has a rapidly dwindling budget so he/ she can't really afford the increase in police numbers that would be required to robustly and effectively police these incidents away from the grounds.

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, February 14, 2022, 17:41:23 »

For me, that wine bar has done nothing wrong.

Yeah, to be fair the police are notoriously easy going on football supporters.

Probably because they treated us all like shit during 70’s and early 80’s.
Equally with modern technology you can expect an early morning raid if participating In organised football violence. Back in the 70’s it was often a 3 way battle between the rival fans and the Police.
No filming just a ruck.

Unbelievably lucky that only escaped with a friendly fire dig.
Witnessed some of the worst football violence way back then and rarely feel threatened these days and no issue taking my lads with me.
Looking back would never have taken them to many games where you expected trouble.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 08:40:18 »

As society and culture continues to get more fragmented and people focused more and more into echo chambers, you have to wonder if that doesn't have some element of influence.

Drugs are obviously a massive part of this, the increase in coke use is obviously having an impact.

You have to wonder if the rise in open extremist groups, particularly right wing ones, has some influence as well. Football firms and right wing extremism have always gone hand in hand and I think it's something that definitely creates a feedback loop. On the weekend you get out and do a bit of 'casual violence' at football, the next you're trying to pick a fight with 'some moslem' bloke minding his own business on the street.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 08:49:39 »

It could also be a lot of younger men are living at home for longer giving them more disposable income for their recreational fun which they mix with alchol on match days.

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 08:52:13 »

A general lack of repercussions doesn't help.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 08:56:00 »

A general lack of repercussions doesn't help.

They will say down to lack of rescources!

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 09:16:33 »

They will say down to lack of rescources!

They would be right.

Setting apart the points rightly made further up about the lack of (and rapidly dwindling) resources available to Inspector Knacker the legal process and courts are scandalous under funded now meaning a reduction in what actually gets that far and massive delays in the system, during which said defendant can still be out doing the same time and time again, knowing that as it drags on the chances of the whole thing getting dropped increase.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 09:19:56 »

Who would've thought a generation raised on films and TV shows glorifying hooliganism would turn out to be.... hooligans.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 09:21:10 »

They would be right.

Setting apart the points rightly made further up about the lack of (and rapidly dwindling) resources available to Inspector Knacker the legal process and courts are scandalous under funded now meaning a reduction in what actually gets that far and massive delays in the system, during which said defendant can still be out doing the same time and time again, knowing that as it drags on the chances of the whole thing getting dropped increase.

Spot on.

So, give no fucks
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: