Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 32154 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Sunday, February 20, 2022, 20:39:00 »

Talking of biscuits, I had some Lu Petit Biscotte Cinnamon Biscuits from Tesco. They were very nice. 

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Sunday, February 20, 2022, 20:42:37 »

Talking of biscuits, I had some Lu Petit Biscotte Cinnamon Biscuits from Tesco. They were very nice. 

Very posh!

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Sunday, February 20, 2022, 21:25:16 »

I see there’s a video doing the rounds of Carlisle player Omari Patrick getting in a right old scrap trying to gain entry to a club after the game.

The 2 pitch invaders went past more people on the pitch than him.
Couldn’t help laugh at the unfit stewards, all were struggling to run.
First pitch invader went up on his arse right into the shins of the first. Was the closest they got to JoJo all game.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Sunday, February 20, 2022, 21:29:04 »

Preston, not as far as Carlisle, but the same neck of the woods.

Not really, it's like saying Swindon is in the same neck of the woods as Birmingham.

Sent from my SM-A125F
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #319 on: Monday, February 21, 2022, 07:44:10 »

Not really, it's like saying Swindon is in the same neck of the woods as Birmingham.

Sent from my SM-A125F

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Monday, February 21, 2022, 09:39:58 »

Given the 'pressure' Garner was getting, Scunthorpe and Carlisle were the ideal opponents to get back on track. On paper a tricky game, lousy weather, northern outpost etc. It didn't seem to work out like that, the sun was shining at kick off, the pitch looked decent enough!

I have to admit I was a little concerned early on as their left winger Omari Patrick looked tricky and got in behind Hunt a bit too easy a couple of times. Luckily he had no end product and any danger fizzled out. We were playing nicely and of course it was McKirdy who opened the scoring, nipping the ball away from the flat footed Simeu to rocket into the roof of the net. Cue the celebration in front of the Carlisle fans and a half eaten burger thrown wildly in his direction, he really had put the Carlisle fans in a pickle. Second half was all us. I thought Davison might have been offside when McKirdy played it to him (Haven't checked so could be wrong) but it was an excellent finish from him, you can see his confidence growing. 2 minutes later, the game was put to bed, more great work from Mckirdy, swing and a miss from Davison, rattled in by Louie Barry. After that we took our foot off the gas and eased to another 3-0 win against very poor opposition.

It's difficult to say whether going with the 4 at the back has changed things given the standard of opponent. Tomorrow night's game will be a better yardstick, Walsall under Flynn will be organised and came away from Forest Green with 3 points so will be much tougher opponents. I did think we played very well on Saturday, Reed was a cut above and the front 3 looked lively and are starting to form useful partnerships. Cautiously optimistic about the rest of the season but the next 2 home games will be crucial to see just how far this team will go.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Monday, February 21, 2022, 09:55:43 »

Apparently Walsall employed a high press against FGR and tightly man marked Cadden out of his runs down the flanks.

Can expect more of the same tomorrow.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Monday, February 21, 2022, 11:39:52 »

Dodged a potential postponement with the Carlisle weather from yesterday.
Floods caused by heavy rain.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Monday, February 21, 2022, 11:54:12 »

As for Davison's apparent swing and a miss, it looked like he was given a little nudge by the defender which caused him to miss. Karma prevailed anyway Smiley
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Monday, February 21, 2022, 12:48:39 »

I thought Davison might have been offside when McKirdy played it to him (Haven't checked so could be wrong)....
He wasn't. It was awful defending though - one of their defenders obviously didn't know the signal to move up because he stayed put, playing Davison on by a mile.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Monday, February 21, 2022, 13:34:24 »

He wasn't. It was awful defending though - one of their defenders obviously didn't know the signal to move up because he stayed put, playing Davison on by a mile.

Yeah I watched the highlights back and their number 17, as you say, was much deeper and then had the temerity to put his hand up appealing for offside - terrible line. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: