Question: How will the season end
Automatics
Play Off winners
Play Off losers
Top Half
Bottom Half

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Where will we finish this season?  (Read 11141 times)
harrisonaw

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2022, 09:07:06 »

10th

I said 10th - voted top half but i'm starting to worry now. Its mad how a good season can change. A month ago we were 5th/6th with games in hand over the teams around us but now its the other way and we're just slipping into nothingness.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2022, 09:21:22 »

The drop in results is mainly due to the loan system, whereby we lost some of our best players in the New Year. It can utterly upset the standard of play as in our case.  It would be good for the lower leagues if a full season contract was in force, so that loan players couldn't be recalled by parent clubs, but that won't happen will it.

ust be the oldest
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2022, 13:20:50 »

The drop in results is mainly due to the loan system, whereby we lost some of our best players in the New Year. It can utterly upset the standard of play as in our case.  It would be good for the lower leagues if a full season contract was in force, so that loan players couldn't be recalled by parent clubs, but that won't happen will it.

No, so maybe teams should recruit accordingly.  If you use loan players, maybe have them as the sprinkles on top, not the backbone of your success.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2022, 13:33:41 »

No, so maybe teams should recruit accordingly.  If you use loan players, maybe have them as the sprinkles on top, not the backbone of your success.

Unfortunately this season we didn't have a lot of choice. Hopefully next season we will be able to build a team that isn't quite so reliant on loans, or if we are adamant of going down that route, make sure there are clauses which don't allow recalls on Season Long Loans (I am not sure if bigger teams would even contemplate such a thing)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2022, 16:52:57 »

Taking all things into consideration AND I mean ALL things but at the same time trying to avoid the ‘look where we were back in August’ type statement I think that if we end up mid table with Garner still in charge that will be like having a nicest iced bun you could ever imagine. However, the cherry on top is thwarting Pee Lower from raising our club to the ground with no come back whatsoever.

Every week we grow stronger, that bastard and his goons must be seething even more. That for me makes our season a success. There is more, I think we can still make the play offs, though I feel that we’ll lose in the semi’s, which for me will be a blessing. I don’t think we would win at Wembley in the final, I Just don’t.

Next season in L2 we should with the right recruitment and a no points deduction from any sanctions be favourites for promotion with a well put together squad with our own players and a smattering of loans who if recalled wouldn't adversely effect our promotion push.

So to summarise, fuck you Pee Lower, we will be around long after your sorry corpse has rotted into compost or been BBQ’d to ashes. That is success.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 9, 2022, 17:25:23 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2022, 21:58:11 »

Voted 'Top Half'. In other news; have a guess where we finish in this list of 'League 2 squad value':
https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/revealed-the-market-value-of-every-league-two-squad-including-hartlepool-united-bradford-tranmere-rovers-and-salford-city-3559893
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2022, 22:18:19 »

Johnny Williams valued at £740,000

but but but
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 09:03:35 »

At the Banks Stadium, Walsall.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 09:05:21 »

Johnny Williams valued at £740,000

but but but

That list is ridiculous. Apparently Jonathan Grounds is Exeter's most valuable player!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 09:23:26 »

That list is ridiculous. Apparently Jonathan Grounds is Exeter's most valuable player!

Why is top of the table at the bottom of the list, why have they included loan players, what are the values based upon, pointless clickbait really.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 09:29:20 »

Why is top of the table at the bottom of the list, why have they included loan players, what are the values based upon, pointless clickbait really.

Which worked as I read the whole bloody article!

normy

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 11:30:28 »

Taking all things into consideration AND I mean ALL things but at the same time trying to avoid the ‘look where we were back in August’ type statement I think that if we end up mid table with Garner still in charge that will be like having a nicest iced bun you could ever imagine. However, the cherry on top is thwarting Pee Lower from raising our club to the ground with no come back whatsoever.

Every week we grow stronger, that bastard and his goons must be seething even more. That for me makes our season a success. There is more, I think we can still make the play offs, though I feel that we’ll lose in the semi’s, which for me will be a blessing. I don’t think we would win at Wembley in the final, I Just don’t.

Next season in L2 we should with the right recruitment and a no points deduction from any sanctions be favourites for promotion with a well put together squad with our own players and a smattering of loans who if recalled wouldn't adversely effect our promotion push.

So to summarise, fuck you Pee Lower, we will be around long after your sorry corpse has rotted into compost or been BBQ’d to ashes. That is success.

Good summary, agree 100%

ust be the oldest
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #42 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 12:41:57 »

Previous Results:

Automatics    - 1 (1.6%)
Play Off winners    - 4 (6.3%)
Play Off losers    - 9 (14.1%)
Top Half    - 43 (67.2%)
Bottom Half    - 7 (10.9%)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Reset the poll to see the changes after the last 3 games... I was 8th - 12th and changing my prediciton to playoff losers.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 12:44:55 »

I'm holding firm until I've seen how we do in the next 2.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, February 24, 2022, 14:54:01 »

Considering this is the TEF, I thought there would have been the options of either;

• In Your Mum
or
  • In Your Nan

I guess the TEF has matured after all  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: