Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 42   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Exeter pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 36605 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:50:48 »

came away angry today. The honeymoon period is over.

We didn't even play that badly for 70 minutes and scored a good goal.

Totally fucked up the end of the match. Again. not a match we should have lost.

It's so frustrating because a pretty decent opportunity for a playoff place or better is slipping away.

groundhog Day at home.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:52:02 »

Their subs, who came on for tactical reasons.

Cheers. There's the answer then tactics again rather than beaten by a better team.

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:52:44 »

Doing badly would be where Scunthorpe are. That's also where Grant is. If he was still *that* good then he would be at the top of the table or in L1.
To be fair only Scunthorpe & Oldham have won fewer than us at home. About 90% of our supporters have only witnessed dross like today this season so it’s easy to understand the current feeling. If you haven’t been lucky enough to see us playing away then this season is up there with some of our worst.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:56:01 »

Look. I'm pissed off. If you are trying to bait me, then I will respond.

We are mid table and not bottom of the fucking league! That is the only point I am making.

Doing badly would be where Scunthorpe are. That's also where Grant is. If he was still *that* good then he would be at the top of the table or in L1.

Grant did good stuff for us a couple of years ago. He's not the type of player that Garner likes. He was never going to get game time. So, let him go and get a final payday and adulation elswhere.

Doing fucking badly isn't about being bottom of the league. Our home form is terrible, yet even Garner said he doesn't think there's a problem. Are you wearing his blinkers? Nobody else in the top half is fucking up as much as we are.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:56:35 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey
Why should I care about that? He wasn’t my favourite for the job but he proved himself while he was here.

I don’t give a shit about how he did at other clubs. All that mattered was how well he did here

He did a great job for us and I am frustrated at 'academy football' as anyone.

But surely you can see his failures at every other club puts a shadow of doubt on whether he could do it again
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 18:01:39 »

I heard numerous comments today that showed the tide is turning. More than a few comments about how boring we are to watch. Boring, and ineffective.

Garner’s football actually risks undoing everything we’ve gained. Three wins isn’t good enough. The crowds we are seeing now are because people bought season tickets for the first time in years, reacting to Angus and Clem. That effort is now at risk….
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 18:01:52 »

Cheers. There's the answer then tactics again rather than beaten by a better team.

Town lost Davidson and Lyden, while Conroy, Reed and Payne were unavailable.  Who was on the bench as replacements?  Tactically inept, I (And Hockaday) would agree, but not much to play with.  Exeter had a strong bench, a good starting eleven and the tactical nous.  How have they and Newport not been promoted over the last several seasons?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 18:02:52 »

A whole host of managers have failed at Salford. Donny wasn’t a great gig for him, agreed.

No manager is guaranteed to be a success, but when you have one that has his failings laid bare for all to see at your club it’s time for some tough decisions.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 18:04:17 »

Let’s not over look the fact Wellens build lasts seasons squad that got relegated.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 18:09:24 »

Doing fucking badly isn't about being bottom of the league. Our home form is terrible, yet even Garner said he doesn't think there's a problem. Are you wearing his blinkers? Nobody else in the top half is fucking up as much as we are.
I think you'll find that those at the bottom of the league are doing badly!

I'm not wearing anyone's blinkers.

With a few tweaks, things might look different.

Payne's energy in midfield is a big miss. Gladwin's sluggishness is killing us.

Reed is a big miss in midfield.

Williams and Barry (from the little we have seen) are impact subs or replacements for McKirdy and Payne when they are having an off day.

East should be cover for Lyden and Reed. Perhaps also brought on to pack midfield and close out games.

I'm happy with O'Brien, Cooper and Tomlinson (on today's showing)

Of our own players, I'm happy with Wollacott (Pulls off extraordinary saves, but loots a bit shakey at times), Odimayo (but he's apparently too quiet) and Hunt (who is solidly unspectacular)

Davison is not as good as Simpson was. JML is an athlete and not a footballer. The others aren't L2 standard.

Interesting that we looked scrappy today. Conroy's presence was missed. But, although he is comfortable on the ball, he seems to bugger it up a lot. Maybe he should be played as an extra defensive midfielder?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 18:13:14 »

Let’s not over look the fact Wellens build lasts seasons squad that got relegated.

To be fair, the former owner who should be nameless provided a National League budget for League 1 and then allegedly encouraged him to jump ship to gain some pennies.  Poor Recruitment and then injuries mean almost certain relegation for Donny.  The issue at Salford was that he tried Wellensball on players not capable of it and pissed them all off.
pantomime dame

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 18:13:58 »

I heard numerous comments today that showed the tide is turning. More than a few comments about how boring we are to watch. Boring, and ineffective.

Garner’s football actually risks undoing everything we’ve gained. Three wins isn’t good enough. The crowds we are seeing now are because people bought season tickets for the first time in years, reacting to Angus and Clem. That effort is now at risk….
I'm one of those that returned after Power legged it and I've been complaining for months about the boredom factor. Will I be buying a season ticket next season? No I won't. I've already spent that money on  cricket at Gloucester.

Woke is the revenge of the mediocre
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 18:14:38 »

I think you'll find that those at the bottom of the league are doing badly!

I'm not wearing anyone's blinkers.

With a few tweaks, things might look different.

Payne's energy in midfield is a big miss. Gladwin's sluggishness is killing us.

Reed is a big miss in midfield.

Williams and Barry (from the little we have seen) are impact subs or replacements for McKirdy and Payne when they are having an off day.

East should be cover for Lyden and Reed. Perhaps also brought on to pack midfield and close out games.

I'm happy with O'Brien, Cooper and Tomlinson (on today's showing)

Of our own players, I'm happy with Wollacott (Pulls off extraordinary saves, but loots a bit shakey at times), Odimayo (but he's apparently too quiet) and Hunt (who is solidly unspectacular)

Davison is not as good as Simpson was. JML is an athlete and not a footballer. The others aren't L2 standard.

Interesting that we looked scrappy today. Conroy's presence was missed. But, although he is comfortable on the ball, he seems to bugger it up a lot. Maybe he should be played as an extra defensive midfielder?

This.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 18:16:45 »

I'm one of those that returned after Power legged it and I've been complaining for months about the boredom factor. Will I be buying a season ticket next season? No I won't. I've already spent that money on  cricket at Gloucester.

This- think a lot of people won’t renew after the borefest this year. Angus/Clem need to be thinking about this as 3 home wins in 14 is hardly going to entice people to renew
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 18:21:36 »

Haven’t read back but today highlighted for me that we will never achieve anything under Garner.
He may well be a great coach but his style of play only works if we have the right players on the pitch.  And there lays the problem the moment Davison and Lydon went off we never had the players to bring on to continue playing the way we were.
Barry and McKirdy are like for like with Barry looking very light weight. Don’t get me wrong Barry will be a useful addition providing we are set up right, and we weren’t.
Also why the Fuck did Garner think landolo could play the holding midfield role, very naive on Garners part and that what’s ultimately cost us the game.
Whilst we may have strong subs, if you lose keys players that are pivotal to our style of play it’s like trying to fit round pegs in to square holes.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 42   Go Up
Print
Jump to: