Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 42   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Exeter pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 36876 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:27:55 »

Yeah. He had a lucky 30-odd games.

Don’t care what he did at Salford or Donny.
Did you care what he did at Oldham, out of interest?

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:28:23 »

I think the root problem for me is that we're quite a nice team. I really can't imagine other fans come away hating anyone apart from perhaps McKirdy. If you look at Man City who are probably the model, they play incredible possession football and don't have a destroyer or anyone really nasty, but the whole team breaks up the opposition play with tactical fouls. We let football happen to us - we're trying to be Man City in possession (I did say trying!) but we're Liden U11s out of it.

I think I've said the same myself.  We really do not look like a team that has spent very much time working out different ways to play without the ball.  Like w focus almost entirely about possession.

Guardiola's "genius" is how he sets teams up without the ball.  Of course it's all a focus on their amazing footballing ability and intricate patterns, but his different teams have all found ways of breaking up the oppositions possession.  Be that the aggressive press he had Barcelona manage, or the tactical fouls Man City will use when even a slight threat is felt.  The opposition don't get the chance to have periods of control as result and feel like they are under constant pressure.  Pressure fucks the mind.

Today, in the first half, we had the winds at our back.  Exeter realised that long goal kicks were risky, so sent everyone to the half way line but then had runners drop deep to accept the ball.  We didn't follow them until it was too late.  One or two times you can accept as the team following initial plans, but once we saw what they were doing, you want the team to adapt.  We don't.  We have the way we were sent out to play.  Garner pretty much admitted this by stating they could use other formations but would need time to work on them on the training ground - which basically means we can't adapt.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:32:18 »

Yeah. He had a lucky 30-odd games.

Don’t care what he did at Salford or Donny.
Well, normally, you look at a manager's performances before suggesting they would be a saviour!

We would not have won L2 under Wellens in a normal season. Crewe were better.

We made lots of chances for Doyle and Yates (especially Yates who ran and ran and created lots) but were as fragile as fuck at the back! But, we had an outstanding goal keeper.

My Doncaster supporting friend told me about the absolute shite he signed and the moaning and whinging (that we also saw before things clicked).

In a 1/2 season Garner has done OK.

In 30 games Wellens did pretty well.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:32:57 »

We won't be relegated but we are folding more than a deck of cards. Our home form is fucking terrible.
Agree. Its depressing.

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:33:31 »

I thought we were past yearning for Wellens to return

Nothing to see here
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:37:39 »

Sorry if you think that winning 3 in 14 home games is doing “ok” then I hate to think what you think is doing badly!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:39:25 »

Sorry if you think that winning 3 in 14 home games is doing “ok” then I hate to think what you think is doing badly!

Context.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:40:48 »

Our home form is pathetic regadless of context...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:43:58 »

Got what we deserved. I knew and told my DNA, A) the equaliser was coming, B) when it did they rushed straight back to the halfway line ready for some more and that we’d be very, very lucky to hang onto a draw. And so it came to pass. One could argue we snatched a defeat from the jaws of victory but in all honesty as I said, we got what we deserved IMHO and fair play to Etc. Rather lose to them in a game like today playing the way they did than to the cunty teams like Crawley. Lastly, top ref and lino’s today.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:45:50 »

A decent side would not have conceded 2 in the last 10 mins. Exeter were OK but not threatening. We still managed to fuck up. Mid table at best now.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:47:12 »

Look. I'm pissed off. If you are trying to bait me, then I will respond.

We are mid table and not bottom of the fucking league! That is the only point I am making.

Doing badly would be where Scunthorpe are. That's also where Grant is. If he was still *that* good then he would be at the top of the table or in L1.

Grant did good stuff for us a couple of years ago. He's not the type of player that Garner likes. He was never going to get game time. So, let him go and get a final payday and adulation elswhere.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:47:35 »

What players stood out for Exeter today

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:48:39 »

Got what we deserved. I knew and told my DNA, A) the equaliser was coming, B) when it did they rushed straight back to the halfway line ready for some more and that we’d be very, very lucky to hang onto a draw. And so it came to pass. One could argue we snatched a defeat from the jaws of victory but in all honesty as I said, we got what we deserved IMHO and fair play to Etc. Rather lose to them in a game like today playing the way they did than to the cunty teams like Crawley. Lastly, top ref and lino’s today.

After the Crawley and Colchester debacles, the FA must have decided that a decent reff'ing crew was needed.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:49:25 »

What players stood out for Exeter today

Their subs, who came on for tactical reasons.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 17:50:41 »

Did you care what he did at Oldham, out of interest?

Sent from my CLT-L09
Why should I care about that? He wasn’t my favourite for the job but he proved himself while he was here.

I don’t give a shit about how he did at other clubs. All that mattered was how well he did here
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 42   Go Up
Print
Jump to: