Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 42   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Exeter pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 36918 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 16:49:56 »

fucks sake. abysmal after we scored

still think JoJo skills be saving that deflection or not . But it was coming

Tomlinson easily mom.

Barry this far a waste of a loan

Barry (so far) just looks like a light weight attacking midfielder of which we have plenty.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 16:50:27 »

Whatever the shortcomings of our squad, they’ve been there all season and Garner has done nothing to address it.

I just don’t think he can think beyond the academy way. He’s tied himself to that and it’s going to be the end of him.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 16:50:28 »

Shit home record, and yet we turn up. We need a proper manager.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 16:51:19 »

Next Saturday must be a guaranteed 3 points though

Nothing to see here
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 16:51:24 »

Logged on just to say "all about game management now"...and call me a kipper...Exeter score...and then again FFS.

Concentration and focus of late meaning the inability to put teams to bed is beginning to lose Town valuable points.

Even if Town had managed to claw back a point the cracks are pretty visible. I'm usually one of the last to bring pessimism to Town chances of promotion in a league campaign but Clem, Garner...you're starting to let it slide fellas.

Can't 100% say for sure if this is on Garner but concentration for a full match does come from applied focus and instruction via management. If the players aren't listening to him then questions must be asked why?

As I said last week - it's all starting to feel a bit Luke Warm. This could be Clem's first real boardroom test in terms of on field/management decisions. We all know what happened when the last incumbent owner kept an Academy Manager (in Reg's words "a cone carrier") on too long...

~~~~~~~

In other news apparently Oldham fans call the dinosaur's return "The Shezzarection" after managing to beat the shittest team in the EFL...I fucking threw up!

Oh and Hockaday can fuck off  Crash

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 16:51:42 »

Barry (so far) just looks like a light weight attacking midfielder of which we have plenty.

Just like Jordan Stevens

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Loobug

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 16:51:46 »

That game has finally killed my enthusiasm this season. As a Kent based supporter I’ve seen us 5 times so far this year and not seen a single win and enjoyed a 4-1 defeat. Based on what I see - I don’t know how we were ever near the top. We have no fight, no passion and no stamina.. and yes, not enough experience when we need it. We’ll probably thrash tranmere now but I’m not going to be listening
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 16:51:54 »

Hang on a minute chaps!

We haven't been able to bring in decent players and have been at the mercy of loans. Our squad has no depth.

We are down Reed (stupidity) and Payne ( injury). They, plus McKirdy are our best players.

Today, Tomlinson looked superb until he scored. After that he struggled

Our midfield was overrun most of the game, but when Lyden went off we were in trouble.

Davison going off and being replaced by Barry wasn't good  Barry should be brought on for Williams or McKirdy. He's no CF.

Bollocks. Our unit decent ball winning midfielder Garner fucked off to Scunthorpe.

He just us trap tactically and can’t manage a game

3 home wins in 14 not play off form

Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 16:52:12 »

Hang on a minute chaps!

We haven't been able to bring in decent players and have been at the mercy of loans. Our squad has no depth.

We are down Reed (stupidity) and Payne ( injury). They, plus McKirdy are our best players.

Today, Tomlinson looked superb until he scored. After that he struggled

Our midfield was overrun most of the game, but when Lyden went off we were in trouble.

Davison going off and being replaced by Barry wasn't good  Barry should be brought on for Williams or McKirdy. He's no CF.

I think you are correct but it is a manager's job to overcome the player issues as well, his constant whining about the refs opens the door to stupid cards by players talking back to the refs.  A manager has to manage and maybe even get creative with the people he has to work with.  there are good players but some may have to learn something new to help out until others can play.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 16:52:42 »

We do not have enough 'out & out' strikers, which is something which is possibly largely down to our financial position, but we also lack so-called game management ability - that I would argue is the job of a manager to deal with

I come from a land down-under
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 16:52:50 »

Dogshit. Our home record is fucking embarrassing.  Fuck off Garner.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 16:54:33 »

Hockaday:
- We deserved to lose
- The trouble with playing youth. Need some players who know what they are doing. Take your time with free kicks and corners etc
- First half: Swindon had no foothold. Second half. They started building from the back.
- Brilliant goal
- Should have killed the game after that
- Tomlinson was super. Made a mistake at the end, but impressive debut. Looks strong and made some crunching tackles
- O'Brien and Cooper looked good. Stronger that Odimayo.
- Hunt is Hunt and did well
- Lyden was a miss. Gave discipline. Iandolo went missing from a defensive point of view
- McKirdy had a couple of good runs. Involved with the goal
- McKirdy/Dvison looked a good combo
- Tomlinson for MotM. But think Davision had a bid part to play.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 16:56:42 »

I think you are correct but it is a manager's job to overcome the player issues as well, his constant whining about the refs opens the door to stupid cards by players talking back to the refs.  A manager has to manage and maybe even get creative with the people he has to work with.  there are good players but some may have to learn something new to help out until others can play.
The manager has done pretty well if you compare with some of the awful managers we have had in the last 10 years. Would take this season over a Sheridan, Brown or Flitcroft one!

Perspective chaps!

Today was fucking crap though, as were the last 2 weeks!

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 16:57:09 »

Have we ever finished a match without a recognised centre midfielder or striker on the pitch?! I’m not sure how we’ve ended up in this position but it pretty much sums things up!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 16:57:55 »

No - But we aren't going out of the league, which we could have been!

Perspective!

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 42   Go Up
Print
Jump to: