Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Exeter pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34806 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #585 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 15:04:07 »

I think Tomlinson would offer more going forward and Iandolo's best position is left wb in my opinion. Just me tho possibly!
For me Iandolo is best winger/left midfielder as crossing is his best asset and defending is probably his worst asset IMO.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 15:48:25 »

Didn't Wellens try Conroy as a defensive midfielder in 2018/19 when he was coming back from his first knee injury? Not sure it worked but he was struggling for fitness at the time.

Maybe Brandon Cooper to step forward into the role?. As mentioned earlier the 3rd central defender these day doesn't do the Glenn Hoddle type sweeper who could push forward and dictate midfield but he was one of the greatest midfielders of his generation even in his mid 30s.
Hunk

« Reply #587 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 15:56:13 »

Didn't Wellens try Conroy as a defensive midfielder in 2018/19 when he was coming back from his first knee injury? Not sure it worked but he was struggling for fitness at the time.

Maybe Brandon Cooper to step forward into the role?. As mentioned earlier the 3rd central defender these day doesn't do the Glenn Hoddle type sweeper who could push forward and dictate midfield but he was one of the greatest midfielders of his generation even in his mid 30s.

I’m certain he was played at CDM by Wellens and possibly by Sheridan too. I also recall he didn’t do too badly there at all
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 15:59:23 »

Better than the Caddis CDM game...
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 16:10:37 »

Hate the idea of playing a defender in midfield just because they can pass it or are athletic.

David Luiz all over again.

Being able to read the game, in and out of possession is a critical skill and if you haven't played in DM then it's a big ask to for them to acquire it overnight.

This. Playing conroy or odimayo anywhere other than centre back (or at a push full back) is stupid and would fail spectacularly

Things get better but they never get good
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 16:14:05 »

There are a lot more examples of a CM stepping back into defence than vice versa, right? Or is my memory selective?

I'm essentially only thinking of McCormack, but I'm sure there are others...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 16:17:29 »

I'm essentially only thinking of McCormack, but I'm sure there are others...

Grant did it for a bit
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 16:18:13 »

Grant did it for a bit

Well yes, but I think you could probably argue either way about whether it worked out well or not...
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 16:26:14 »

I only recall seeing Conroy play at CM with my own eyes once which was at Northampton away on Boxing Day a few seasons ago. From memory there was a reason it was a short lived experiment.

I certainly wouldn’t put Odimayo in there, a solid defender but far too limited with the ball at his feet.

If East doesn’t start on Tuesday then it really doesn’t say much for his future prospects here.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 16:35:46 »

Conroy is injured anyway so it is not going to happen tomorrow, and Reed is back Saturday.  My view is, if people really don't think he is good enough for the Sweeper role, then his time here is short lived. 

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
adje

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 18:27:16 »

Possibly would, but I think that we will get targeted down the left.

I would be interested to see how things worked out with Iandolo ahead of Tomlinson.

Iandolo's weakness is defending, but he has linked very well with Williams of late. I don't think Williams played well at the weekend, nor do I think he has 2 games in 3 days in him. So, would Tomlinson and Iandolo on the left work?
Worth a try I would say

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 18:47:42 »

Fuck it, wollacotts good with his feet. Stick him in the middle of the park, he’d be more mobile than conroy

Things get better but they never get good
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 18:52:59 »

... and put Iandolo in goal.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 18:59:25 »

Put Garner up front and see how pissed off he gets when the ball gets passed sideways and backwards!

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 19:18:28 »

On the Monday Night Panel Jonny from the Adver said that Garner said Conroy was injured. But, he heard that Conroy was dropped on Saturday and he allegedly took it badly and drove off.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42   Go Up
Print
Jump to: