Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Exeter pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34807 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 10:49:14 »

Haven't you got to sort your loose ring out?

No chance of yours falling off you fat cunt.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 10:50:52 »

Lyden has ruptured his Achilles.
fucking ouch.

if that's a proper job then that's very long term as above
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 10:52:09 »

FOOTBALL : @Official_STFC midfielder Jordan Lyden faces lengthy absence because of ruptured achilles, described as "huge blow" by Head Coach Ben Garner - out for "months rather than weeks" #stfc
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 10:52:46 »

Gareth's a bit scratchy today.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 10:56:28 »

Means East will have to play - Or perhaps Conroy in that position. But most likely Garner will put Gladwin there!

With Reed, Payne and Lyden out it's going to be interesting to see what side we put out tomorrow night!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 11:09:06 »

With Reed, Payne and Lyden out it's going to be interesting to see what side we put out tomorrow night!
Judging by Saturday it’ll be Iandolo.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 11:19:14 »

Judging by Saturday it’ll be Iandolo.

Got to be East surely? Thought the Iandolo decision was a bit strange.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 11:33:44 »

Got to be East surely? Thought the Iandolo decision was a bit strange.
If he starts East he’ll effectively be admitting he got it wrong on Saturday which I can’t see happening. Would imagine East’s confidence is shot now as can’t be that great not being able to get on when there’s not even another player in your position available.

That said Garner will probably change 5 players in order to play East tomorrow and justify it by saying he’s playing a different system compared to Saturday rather than just admitting he cocked up.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 12:05:53 »

Even more concerning exposing the weak midfield after losing Lyden for the season.
Genuinely gutted for the lad as so much bad luck with injuries, clearly a decent player when available.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 12:11:34 »

Odimayo has to be pushed into midfield. Baudry/Conroy go into the back 3. Hopefully Payne is back.

Is Davison OK or crocked?

Edit. Davison is good to go. No Conroy - having a scan. Lyden out for months. No free agents out there - keeping Harry Parsons not loaning him out again.

We are a short time into a long term project and are ahead of where we expected to be.
« Last Edit: Monday, February 7, 2022, 12:19:53 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 12:22:21 »

Lyden has ruptured his Achilles.

I did say at the time that i feared he had done his Achilles, was hoping I was wrong.  The way he was walking after the challenge looked ominous to me.  That is his season done, and probably his STFC career tbh..  I feel really bad for the bloke because he is a great player when fit..
« Last Edit: Monday, February 7, 2022, 12:24:25 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #566 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 12:25:11 »

I cant see AK being played in CM, both Conroy and Baudry have both played in DMC roles so would be more likely, Aguiar is also a CM although a more attacking option, East played well there last week for 45 mins then badly faded. Payne should be in contention but its unlikely he is ready to start, and Iandolo looked ok on Saturday when he came on.

We have options but not great options, all because Reed was a twat and couldn't keep his mouth shut.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 12:35:24 »

I did say at the time that i feared he had done his Achilles, was hoping I was wrong.  The way he was walking after the challenge looked ominous to me.  That is his season done, and probably his STFC career tbh..  I feel really bad for the bloke because he is a great player when fit..

Yeah I think that's the last we'll see of him in a Town shirt unfortunately. Played less than 50 games in almost 3 seasons & when we run a small squad you can't carry players. We have 3 this season, that can't go on.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 12:59:20 »

Yeah I think that's the last we'll see of him in a Town shirt unfortunately. Played less than 50 games in almost 3 seasons & when we run a small squad you can't carry players. We have 3 this season, that can't go on.
Not sure when his contract is up? If its at the end of the season, then, yep, toast.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 12:59:53 »

With our new back three looking as good as anything I've seen in the last two years, I'm hoping this might be a chance to put Conroy into the libero role he could excel at, with enough defensive ability to make tackles and the creativity to be a good out ball for attacks.

Looks as if tomorrow will come too early for him though.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42   Go Up
Print
Jump to: