Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Crawley pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20997 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #420 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2022, 14:07:39 »

Waiting for the Lyden apology. Idiotic pen
One of the most totally needless penalties I have ever seen Town give away.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2022, 14:10:11 »

Waiting for the Lyden apology. Idiotic pen

Agreed. Just plain foolish, especially as the ref had just warned him and was clearly keeping an eye on him!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2022, 14:10:20 »

Good first 30 minutes apart from our finishing. Davison is a work in progress.

The penalty looked soft to me- both running for the ball and Lyden 'may' have clipped his heels. As much a penalty as what happened at the other end earlier.

Cooper looks to be a good signing- confident, not afraid to clear the ball with gusto when required and also not afraid to try and exploit space in front of him. Not at all surprised that neither the ref or his assistant saw the afters on him in the second half where the Creepy player shoved him back down when they were both trying to get back to their feet. I actually think he could be captain material as, I heard some very uncharacteristic for us defensive shouting and organising from him in the first half.

Too many individual errors and lack of discipline will continue to punish us.

As for the officials? Fucking useless but, we always get shit refs.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2022, 14:17:12 »

Lyden didn't just clip his heals, he pulled him back as well, that is why the penalty was awarded I think

It was defo a penalty earlier though when Cooper/Job got pushed over and then swiped with no contact on the ball

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2022, 14:21:20 »

Lyden didn't just clip his heals, he pulled him back as well, that is why the penalty was awarded I think

It was defo a penalty earlier though when Cooper/Job got pushed over and then swiped with no contact on the ball

Yeah I thought the Cooper one was a definite penalty as well. He was manhandled/shirt pulled and then for good measure got taken out when the defender attempted to clear the ball and completely missed it.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2022, 14:32:41 »

Also thought Hunt could have given one away too.

He was shit all round (the ref)

Exactly that. As noted, just after the ref warned him...brain fart
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2022, 14:59:28 »

The result, and performance after about 30 mins - were both disappointing.
However, to suggest that Garner didn’t change things last night is just wrong.
The enforced change - replacing Davison with Barry - clearly disrupted things as we lost the focus / outlet which Davison provided in the first half.
But Garner did switched the system twice after that, first when Williams replaced East, and later  moved to a back 4 when Conroy was replaced by JML. Ultimately that brought the equaliser.
As has happened a number of times at home, we failed to score / take our chances when we were in top - we should have closed out the game in the first half hour - should have had a penalty when Cooper was fouled,  then had a shaky few minutes, culminating with Lyden making a poor decision which was ruled a penalty.
Where I do take issue with Garner is on discipline- why was Reed (or any unused sub) allowed to get close enough to the ref to get a red card. That’s poor and we have to do without him for two more games as a result.

Can’t argue against any of that.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2022, 15:45:56 »

The result, and performance after about 30 mins - were both disappointing.
However, to suggest that Garner didn’t change things last night is just wrong.
The enforced change - replacing Davison with Barry - clearly disrupted things as we lost the focus / outlet which Davison provided in the first half.
But Garner did switched the system twice after that, first when Williams replaced East, and later  moved to a back 4 when Conroy was replaced by JML. Ultimately that brought the equaliser.
As has happened a number of times at home, we failed to score / take our chances when we were in top - we should have closed out the game in the first half hour - should have had a penalty when Cooper was fouled,  then had a shaky few minutes, culminating with Lyden making a poor decision which was ruled a penalty.
Where I do take issue with Garner is on discipline- why was Reed (or any unused sub) allowed to get close enough to the ref to get a red card. That’s poor and we have to do without him for two more games as a result.

We switched to 4 at the back on 84 minutes. it took 84 minutes plus every home game previous to commit to new a formation. with 3 cb's at home it simply isn't needed, it's a waste of a position and it sees the only role is to be a short option on goal kicks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2022, 16:51:30 »

Louis Reed

‘Can only apologise for last night. No matter how frustrated I was in the heat of the moment I shouldn’t have let my emotions get the better of me. I will learn from my mistake and will try to make up for it when I’m back out on the pitch. #STFC’
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2022, 17:43:54 »

Louis Reed

‘Can only apologise for last night. No matter how frustrated I was in the heat of the moment I shouldn’t have let my emotions get the better of me. I will learn from my mistake and will try to make up for it when I’m back out on the pitch. #STFC’

I’d drop him into the reserves and fine him. Oh wait… this isn’t FM?

Now, ain't that just like me?
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Thursday, February 3, 2022, 10:59:53 »

We switched to 4 at the back on 84 minutes. it took 84 minutes plus every home game previous to commit to new a formation. with 3 cb's at home it simply isn't needed, it's a waste of a position and it sees the only role is to be a short option on goal kicks

Didn't we play 4 at the back when we lost to Bradford? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58936179
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Thursday, February 3, 2022, 11:09:41 »

Didn't we play 4 at the back when we lost to Bradford? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58936179

from memory there has definitely been a home game which we have.

when the away team comes and sits with a rigid and disciplined formation when we have 3 centre backs across the back marking 1 or 2 of their strikers we are playing 7 vs 9/10 and trying to find the spaces. its an extremely tough ask.

the first 25 minutes of crawley and 30 mins of rovers we did everything perfect and chances were created. its only an issue if we dont find the net and sustain the pressure. unfortunately that happens way more than the former
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Thursday, February 3, 2022, 11:18:22 »

when the away team comes and sits with a rigid and disciplined formation when we have 3 centre backs across the back marking 1 or 2 of their strikers we are playing 7 vs 9/10 and trying to find the spaces. its an extremely tough ask.

the first 25 minutes of crawley and 30 mins of rovers we did everything perfect and chances were created. its only an issue if we dont find the net and sustain the pressure. unfortunately that happens way more than the former

Completely agree btw. Crawley were just clearing it in the second half there was no need for 3 centre backs all half
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Thursday, February 3, 2022, 11:41:46 »

I think the first 25/30 minutes where we almost had one of the centre backs actually being a midfielder showed how potent we could be with the extra body in midfield. It was only after Conroy was dispossessed on about half an hour that we seemed to lose confidence in doing that and Crawley had a decent spell. I do agree that the 3 at the back does mean that we are able to play out from the back more, but it was clear from Tuesday's second half that we really didn't need it. That said, had we changed it, Crawley probably would have brought Mark Marshall on and attempted to play a more counter-attacking style which I am not sure would have suited us either.

It's definitely a conundrum (sorry for another Countdown reference) that Garner has to solve. Sorry,
FuuuuuuuuuurKInnnnnnnnn sOrT It oUt gArNeR!!!!!!

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: