Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Crawley pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20999 times)
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 22:45:02 »

I bet East looks really good in training.  He has that look of a very competent ball player - however, he cannot impose himself on a game, much like some of the others, he can very easily drift out of the game.  I wouldn't call it hiding as such, it's not having that mental, competitive toughness.  It may come in time.  Reed is a bit more "give it to me", or will go looking, which makes him a better player of the two.

It's one of the more frustrating things watching us right now - I don't think we have any obviously rank players.  There isn't a Jason Drysdale taking up a wage on the left, or a Taylor Curran embarrassing everyone around him.  With a fair wind behind our backs (no, not the anti-Exeter wind tunnel) we look very good.  Anything starts to go wrong and it all becomes a bit kids football.

You make valid points Rob. I’ve been told that east has made 6 professional appearances and he’s 23? I still say you don’t ‘rest’ your best players at league 2 level unless you’re home and hosed like the vegans .
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 22:45:07 »

to add, in the modern day of heavy analysis why can't we seem to take a throw in? something so simple that we struggle with. and freekicks- we have height at the back, anything in the oppositions half let's cross it in instead of a 2 foot pass, pressured and back to the defence. reminds me of playing 5 aside on a small pitch where a freekick has no benefit.

I was angry at stevenage nil nil and said I wasn't going Saturday. then we scored 5 past Northampton. iv similar feelings to going back on Saturday!

I would require video evidence before I will accept as the truth that we even spend more than a couple of sessions a week on set pieces.  Around the box Reed takes a punt - he has a good finish on him but we don't try any variety.  

Throw ins, aside from the outside central defender dropping deep, I see nothing that suggests a plan.  People do that aimless wandering - nearly all clubs are just as bad on this front.  Liverpool got laughed at for bringing in a throw-in coach.

There are a couple of corner routines we seem to have worked on, but no obvious plan for ho they are deployed.  Like today - we had one early where we got a man free at the near post to flick it back to the penalty spot.  It didn't work out in the end, but it looked like it could with better execution.  Never tried it again.

Defending - stand in a line as far from the box as possible, then all just run back with little idea on where to head.
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 22:49:08 »

1 minute into tonight's game?
-------

Have you seen the Gladwin effort? It’s in the middle of the goal right at the keeper. I’d expect any keeper to stop that rather than be what I would call a proper save.

Agree with all your points though, the centre of the park has a huge hole in it currently. Are we now going to have to rely on Payne being that centre mid?
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 22:57:36 »

Overall it is disappointing to a manager not be willing to make changes and learn or at least it seems that way.  It is disappointing to see players not seemingly playing with enthusiasm from game to game.
But from what I have learned about the past this team really isn't doing horribly for their limitations with money and time to put a team together to start with.
As a supporter/fan, still going to bitch but in the end, being in the top half of the standings to this point is positive.  If nothing else, it is a great jump off point for next season as well.
pantomime dame

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 23:01:12 »

well that was a bag of shit, wasn't it? Is one all against eleven men better than one all against nine? Roll on the summer.

Woke is the revenge of the mediocre
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 23:14:52 »

Have you seen the Gladwin effort? It’s in the middle of the goal right at the keeper. I’d expect any keeper to stop that rather than be what I would call a proper save.

Agree with all your points though, the centre of the park has a huge hole in it currently. Are we now going to have to rely on Payne being that centre mid?

only in real time and thought it looked a good reflex save. haven't watched the highlights back
Crackity Jones

« Reply #381 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 23:28:16 »

Positive for me was that my son's gloves he dropped by his seat at the Rovers game were still there.

I thought Cooper and O' Brien were decent. Beyond that, I am struggling. That was more of the same shit and the Colchester catharsis didn't happen. 
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2022, 01:20:34 »

On paper we have some good players, on pitch we are hit and mostly miss at the moment. I just don't hear our players, and I don't see a lot of animation from the bench. Play offs are unlikely now, mid table at best, because we aren't fixing the obvious problems. Unbelievable.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2022, 02:17:23 »

Mitchell sounds very similar to a TEF poster..

Who?  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2022, 06:55:48 »

30 good minutes albeit with minimal bite followed by an hour of absolute crap. Something's gotta give.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2022, 07:15:07 »

JoJo

Iandolo Cooper JOB Odimayo

Lyden Reed

McKirdy/Barry Williams Payne

Davison
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2022, 07:17:53 »

JoJo

Iandolo Cooper JOB Odimayo

Lyden Reed

McKirdy/Barry Williams Payne

Davison

I would swap AK and Ellis and start with McKirdy instead of Barry.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #387 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2022, 07:29:24 »

Really really shit. Please fuck off shooting from outside the area constantly and shit corners
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2022, 07:48:13 »

13 of our 20 shots were from inside the box  Wink
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2022, 07:52:41 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey
                JoJo