Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Crawley pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 21640 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 21:54:38 »

Garner:
- Take the positives from that
- We just didn't take our chances
- Great performance. Didn't deserve not to win
- At least 10 penalties not given for us. They got one.
- Not clinical enough. Made a million chances
- Gladwin was super speedy in midfield, but his speed of thought didn't match the rest of the team
- We go again
- Not going to criticise the players. It was all down to the referee.
- Take the positives and move on.
- Very positive. Got minutes into Barry's legs
- If we were more clinical we'd have been in hospital

OMG - this is almost word for word so far... 

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 21:55:58 »

3 home league wins from 12 is not good enough. Every team coming here know what they need to do, keep us quiet for 30 mins & they the end up with a result.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 21:56:31 »

Can't believe he's questioning their Pen. I'm not a harsh critic of Garner but that's sheer delusion.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 21:57:50 »

Don't really understand why we don't play a back 4 at home. 3-5-2 with Hunt as a wing back is too defensive. It's fine away when teams naturally attack more but not when teams come to the CG with a low block.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 22:00:58 »

Garner (The real version this time):
- Point. Yep, thats the positive
- Started the game so well
- Should have scored 3 or 4
- Got a goal got a point. Thats the positive
- Just didnt take our chances. The rest was very good
- I sound like a broken record
- Dont like to criticise officials
- It was a stonewall penalty on Cooper
- Every week these things go against us
- A game we have completely dominated
- We needed to take our chances
- Hard because they were so deep. Had to try to go through or round which is tough to do
- Could have been quicker at times
- Davison changes the dynamic
- Louis grew into the game
- We'll get Davison scanned
- Hamstring tightened
- Spoken to the dressing room about sending off
- Swore at him after the game. There was swearing all through the game. The 4th official has sworn at the manager and they wont even own up to it
- Will discipline internally. Talked to the dressing room and that will remain private
- Both teams have complained about the 4th official swearing. He's denied it
- Cooper, with 1 day training and to play like that was great
- Odimayo had a knock from weekend
- Reed and East was rotation. Need to utilise the squad
- For first 30 mins. Great tempo, great opportunities. Missed target too much tonight
- Need to stay brave and the goals will eventually go in
- Tomlinson will give us great quality. Good crosser. Two footed
- Sam Baldock? Never rule anything out w/r/t free agents. Nothing imminent yet

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 22:01:23 »

Don't really understand why we don't play a back 4 at home. 3-5-2 with Hunt as a wing back is too defensive. It's fine away when teams naturally attack more but not when teams come to the CG with a low block.

Because three at the back gets you in possession more easily - either from our own players under pressure looking for an option backwards, from mopping up a through ball or from the keeper.  It's the way we play.  I think we did try four at the back in a game but forgot to pay anyone wide further up field, so it looked terrible.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 22:02:22 »

Don't like to criticise officials   
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 22:02:34 »

I do try to back Garner as much as possible but if he keeps rolling out this type of stuff it does diminish his credibility with me.  Anyone watching that game and then listening to that interview would feel like Garner is treating them as idiots..

We might not be inside the football bubble, but we have eyes Ben..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
adje

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 22:04:57 »

I do try to back Garner as much as possible but if he keeps rolling out this type of stuff it does diminish his credibility with me.  Anyone watching that game and then listening to that interview would feel like Garner is treating them as idiots..

We might not be inside the football bubble, but we have eyes Ben..
Absolutely

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 22:07:02 »

It guess how you define dominated. We had lots of the ball and from memory Crawley were just sending it long. However after 25 mins did we create much? No, not really. We didn’t really look like scoring all of the second half
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 22:07:03 »

Mitchell sounds very similar to a TEF poster..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 22:07:32 »

Well, the theory that all teams have to do is press us high and get in our faces went up in smoke this evening.

Crawley let us have the ball and stood off us. Still couldn’t win or even put in a decent performance.

Garner is sounding more delusional by the week. Just because fans haven’t played the game we still know when we’re having smoke blown up our arses. That was total shit. Just like nearly every other game at home.

Even if we had won that game it was still shit to watch.

I’m not all that bothered if we do or don’t make the POs and it has been a great resurrection of the club but I want to have some fun watching my team, something to get me off my seat, some intensity. This unending drivel is doing my head in.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 22:09:57 »

Because three at the back gets you in possession more easily - either from our own players under pressure looking for an option backwards, from mopping up a through ball or from the keeper.  It's the way we play.  I think we did try four at the back in a game but forgot to pay anyone wide further up field, so it looked terrible.

Yes I think it was against Bradford, but the fullbacks we played that game (Odimayo and Hunt) offered little width. KKH is going to be a miss. If we're going to play 3-5-2 we need a wide player who can beat his man to open up space for others.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 22:11:49 »

Garner doing a Williams and wobbling in about "dominating the game".

First 30 absolutely, but just before penalty until they final whistle we could barely string a pass together. just one of those games  Then again  Crawley didn't do that much either

Garner's weekly official rant is boring now.

Reed had been a nob getting sent off.
McKirdy is lucky he didn't with a sustained gobbing off period, even after being yellow

Lyden was a twat. The ref already warned him before the corner for holding, so was bound to be watching.

we probably could have had a penalty, but I'm not convinced Hunt didn't get away with one too.

of the new boys, ignoring this was their first game - cooper looked ok. Barry didn't do much other than run into blind alleys. Early days

can't disagree with the O'Brien man of the match.

all in all one to forget. Next
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 22:16:58 »

I’m not all that bothered if we do or don’t make the POs and it has been a great resurrection of the club but I want to have some fun watching my team, something to get me off my seat, some intensity.

We had this in the first 10 mins and then it dropped off... I've got no explanation as to why?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: