Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 22341 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, January 29, 2022, 23:40:14 »

I thought the midfield did well, especially Williams and I thought the substitution of Lyden for Gladwin was right at the time. Just rank bad defending for the only time in the game cost us. As Duke says,the finishing was woeful and that's what lost us the extra two points

The writing is usually on the wall when town miss a few good chances.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Sunday, January 30, 2022, 00:11:23 »

We have enough points to stay up.

O'Brien is better than Crichlow.

Davison looked rusty but can head the ball

Payne to come back. Barry supposed to be good. An international defender coming in and poss one more.

Things might look better on Tuesday.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Sunday, January 30, 2022, 00:28:42 »

Payne to come back. Barry supposed to be good. An international defender coming in and poss one more.

Tuesday is the start of the promotion charge when we beat Crawley.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Sunday, January 30, 2022, 01:30:07 »

Who is the international defender?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Sunday, January 30, 2022, 03:25:34 »

Brandon Cooper - Wales.

The truth is, we have failed to beat a whole host of crap teams this season - Colchester just being another one to add to that list. We are soft.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #380 on: Sunday, January 30, 2022, 07:15:54 »

I always have the sense that for us to score, we have to patiently work an opportunity to get in on goal. Also, that we don't score as many of those chances as we should. 

To score against us, there is no real work required. We either fuck up at the back or panic on dealing with a high ball into the box. We are far too easy to score against. To my mind, that has been the case long before Garner rocked up.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Sunday, January 30, 2022, 09:13:59 »

A rueful shake of the head as their goal went in.
Not too disappointed.
Win the next two and it becomes a decent point.

Good overall contribution from Davison.
Obvious similarities with Andy Carroll in both look and style of play.

Iandolo is developing into a fine attacking left wing back.
Given time, I'm sure that the defensive side of his game will start to improve as well.

Other than that, just about managing to keep up with the relentless pre and sometimes post match drinking pace of young molepar.

Don't know about anyone else but I'm thoroughly enjoying this season so far.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Sunday, January 30, 2022, 09:20:06 »

Not too disappointed.

Given time, I'm sure that the defensive side of his game will start to improve as well.

Other than that, just about managing to keep up with the relentless pre and sometimes post match drinking pace of young molepar.

Me too but that's probably because my expectations were so low. I think we've played some decent stuff,even yesterday til injury time

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Badger

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Sunday, January 30, 2022, 10:50:30 »

Brandon Cooper - Wales.

The truth is, we have failed to beat a whole host of crap teams this season - Colchester just being another one to add to that list. We are soft.

Was he in the Hangover ?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #384 on: Sunday, January 30, 2022, 10:52:46 »

Me too but that's probably because my expectations were so low. I think we've played some decent stuff,even yesterday til injury time
I thought for most of the game we were easily in control against a very poor Colchester side we just need to tighten up the defence, hopefully Cooper will help that side.

In attack on another day McKirdy would have scored a hattrick and Davison would have bagged a couple, we creat chances and goals will come.

And yes, keep the expectations low and be pleasantly surprised!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Sunday, January 30, 2022, 11:03:34 »

I can't remember if it was here or twitter that I saw someone say we need numerous chances to score 1 but I thought I'd look at our goals scored column and see we're the 4th highest scorers in the division, keep that up and if Cooper is as good as he's being made out to be we should be golden.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Sunday, January 30, 2022, 12:23:33 »

Number 1 sons take on attending yesterdays game as he put it when at the

“Jobsworth Community Nuclear Wasteland Stadium.

I have a healthy perspective on the relative unimportance of football in the grand scheme of things; I am accordingly, rarely that bothered by a poor result once the game has ended - particularly a league game. However conceding an injury time equaliser to the worst side you have played all season, when they are down to nine men (including their first choice ‘keeper), and you have spurned enough chances to win about 5-0, and the manager has made some substitutions as if you have already won the game, will generate an exception.

Everyone involved should be thoroughly effing ashamed of themselves.”

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Sunday, January 30, 2022, 14:02:05 »

Number 1 sons take on attending yesterdays game as he put it when at the

“Jobsworth Community Nuclear Wasteland Stadium.

I have a healthy perspective on the relative unimportance of football in the grand scheme of things; I am accordingly, rarely that bothered by a poor result once the game has ended - particularly a league game. However conceding an injury time equaliser to the worst side you have played all season, when they are down to nine men (including their first choice ‘keeper), and you have spurned enough chances to win about 5-0, and the manager has made some substitutions as if you have already won the game, will generate an exception.

Everyone involved should be thoroughly effing ashamed of themselves.”

Succinctly put.
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Sunday, January 30, 2022, 14:34:17 »

Not too disappointed.

Very much agree..
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Sunday, January 30, 2022, 15:37:51 »

Having watched game highlights it's pretty obvious we were not awake for their goal.  Have Freeze framed The Moment We Have 5 Players All Stood Around Inside The 6 yard Box just Watching The Ball. Great defending everyone.

Yeah it's a nuisance and frustrating to miss out on the 2 points, but it's not like we lost, or three a chance at promotion because of it. We're still within sight of the playoffs and having lost 2 key players in the last week and bringing in 2 who haven't had any time to get used to the team yet, perhaps not wholly as bad as people are making out.

So glad to see Iandolo in form as well, he's been a faithful servant of the club for years and I don't think gets enough praise.

Colchester fans seemed a nice bunch last time I was there, (which was also a 1-1 draw although not so one sided ) so can't take away what must be a great moment for them with that equaliser going in.

That second red was a bit whiffy, had he picked up a yellow earlier? It's hard to tell from the highlights of the ref had yellow carded him beforehand or if it was a straight red. If it's to deny a goalscoring opportunity then it's got to be a penalty,

* Screenshot_20220130-153116.png (852.24 KB, 1013x618 - viewed 124 times.)
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: