Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 22346 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Saturday, January 29, 2022, 19:47:40 »

Doesn’t have the legs to play in midfield now IMO, he’s not mobile enough following his injuries. He’d also have to make more 50/50 challenges in midfield which he has a habit of bottling now which is a recipe for more injuries.
He'd also be replacing somebody who is infinitely better

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Crackity Jones

« Reply #361 on: Saturday, January 29, 2022, 19:51:07 »

I’m still pissed off. This one’s hard to take today
Yep. I am the same. It's typical Swindon
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Saturday, January 29, 2022, 19:54:14 »

[/quote
I am raging. So hard to take and Garner must be even more angry. I went wit Wobbly Bob and 3 others for their first ever Swindon match. So sad it had to end that way!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Saturday, January 29, 2022, 20:36:09 »

Getting more posses off as the evening progresses. How did we throw that away! 👿

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Saturday, January 29, 2022, 21:11:25 »

Getting more posses off as the evening progresses. How did we throw that away! 👿

Feels like a heavy defeat.
Defence are so quiet, however lost (I mean drew) due to poor game management and shite finishing.
That was probably the most comfortable game I have seen this season even more shocking we were 1-0 up against 9 players.

Why ohh why can a forward get a flick on from a 90th minute corner, as could have put Gladwin and O’Brien at the front and back of their only target man.
Conceding that corner resulting from a poor midfield that today were off form.
Still think we need that box to box ball winning midfielder that we simply don’t have.

Livid.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Saturday, January 29, 2022, 21:14:31 »

I think Conroy also needs to be a little more vocal. Odimayo might be quiet but he's not the captain either (not that, that stops a player from being vocal). Be nice to see a true/natural leader on the pitch.

Quiet throughout and agree.
Both Odimayo and O’Brien very quiet but the Captain also needs to be more vocal.
The team are certainly not the loudest.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Saturday, January 29, 2022, 21:25:14 »

It speaks volumes that even the Duke is criticising his golden boy. Two points dropped sadly.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Saturday, January 29, 2022, 21:36:45 »

Feels like a heavy defeat.
Defence are so quiet, however lost (I mean drew) due to poor game management and shite finishing.
That was probably the most comfortable game I have seen this season even more shocking we were 1-0 up against 9 players.

Why ohh why can a forward get a flick on from a 90th minute corner, as could have put Gladwin and O’Brien at the front and back of their only target man.
Conceding that corner resulting from a poor midfield that today were off form.
Still think we need that box to box ball winning midfielder that we simply don’t have.

Livid.
I mentioned before that Lyden and Reed could work together to boss midfield. But, Gladwin left Reed to it and did his slowing things down bit.

If we were going to do that, it should have been Williams or McKirdy that gave way for him.

If we had someone like Grant to come on and shore up the midfield, we would have been in better shape

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Saturday, January 29, 2022, 21:49:47 »

It speaks volumes that even the Duke is criticising his golden boy. Two points dropped sadly.

No favourites with me just comment on what I see.
It’s a quiet team throughout.
Game management today poor, midfield way off the pace and woeful finishing.

You never concede a corner in the 90th minute 1-0 up playing against 9 men.
That the most shocking aspect of the game today. Fucking shite.
Long drive and pissed off.
Did you go? If so you would be feeling the same I guess.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Saturday, January 29, 2022, 21:55:33 »

I mentioned before that Lyden and Reed could work together to boss midfield. But, Gladwin left Reed to it and did his slowing things down bit.

If we were going to do that, it should have been Williams or McKirdy that gave way for him.

If we had someone like Grant to come on and shore up the midfield, we would have been in better shape

Don’t get me going on that physical ball winning central midfielder.
Memory serves me correctly didn’t we have one of them?

Cutting Garner a very small slice of slack as lack any quality on the bench to influence.
However he has missed recruiting the role above.
Badger

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Saturday, January 29, 2022, 22:35:44 »

I was there, and was very annoyed by the way it panned out - a few years back I would have been angry buy age mellows !

Anyway, I thought we played very well generally.
I don't get to see the Town that often, but I thought there were good performances across the team.

I think we did the right thing in playing possession football after they went down to 9 men. We are a possession side, and surely you should be able to just knock it around and let the opposition get tired ?
We just didn't execute it very well.

Their goal was a major fuck-up.
We kept a high line for their deep free kick - fine
We dropped back as the kick was played - fine
But instead of just dropping back and letting the kick run out, or kicking it sideways for a throw, we headed it backwards for a corner - which is a much more dangerous situation than the original free-kick.

I absolutely knew we would concede from that corner
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Saturday, January 29, 2022, 23:05:04 »

I didn’t see the game, but it’s obviously disappointing to concede an equaliser  so late and in that manner against 9 men.
Duke has summed that up perfectly.
I think, however that we sometimes overreact to individual results.
We have lost 3 regular starters in January - KKH, Critchlow and Simpson - all recalled, plus Gilbert and Grant. While we all remember the way he led us to the L2 title,  that was two years ago and he is 34 - presumably in training performances he has been behind Reed, East and Lyden - hence allowed to leave.
We have brought in 4 young loanees - of whom O’Brien played 3 games before today, Davidson arrived on Monday and made his debut today, and two - Barry and Cooper - were signed too late to play today.
It may take the new arrivals a few games to settle, but we are still very much in contention.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Saturday, January 29, 2022, 23:09:50 »

Fuming with that.

Dominated the game for 85 minutes and then just shat it at the end. Having such a dominant performance and managing to c9me away with a point is just so fucking Swindon.

I’m definitely not a “FORWARD!” type but the mentality needs a big fucking look when you’re 2 men up in The final minutes. You could tell it was coming from the hospital passes around the back with the Colchester forwards pressing us for everything, they had nothing to lose of course. sure enough before long Ellis sells a ball short and we’re lucky to get away with it, but we don’t learn. There comes a time when knocking up the channels and fronting up with the ball in the opposition half isn’t a bad option. We’ve got 2 extra players for fuck sake, if we lose the ball in their half there’s a decent chance we win it back. The feeling of inevitability about it all is what makes me so sick.

If we’d come away from that finishing 1-0, it would have been hailed a superb dominant performance…and by large it was. Davidson looks like he’ll cause issues for oppositions, we put some excellent balls in, could have had 4 or 5 goals on another day. But we’re not because of some catastrophic game management in the last 5 minutes. The work experience keeper didn’t have a save to make for fuck sake!

We were against 9 men…Christ. Stupid game is football.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Saturday, January 29, 2022, 23:12:57 »

I thought the midfield did well, especially Williams and I thought the substitution of Lyden for Gladwin was right at the time. Just rank bad defending for the only time in the game cost us. As Duke says,the finishing was woeful and that's what lost us the extra two points

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Saturday, January 29, 2022, 23:35:44 »

Real shame and watching the game on Ifollow. Does look like two points lost and not one point gained.

As for Anthony Grant (Yes, I still thought should be kept and used for situations like the last 15 / 20 minutes today) I watched highlights of the PV v Scunthorpe match today and he did look slow. Sad

Some very winnable (scrabble word? ) games coming up except possibly Exeter a draw. So hopefully end of Feb we are still there and there about.

COYMRs   

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: