Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Bristol Rovers pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20835 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 22:18:14 »

Garner told Lyden to go and get warm at approx the 60 minute mark, only to then decide not to bring him on, which I found strange.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 22:58:36 »

Quote from: Saxondale
Im not sure Lyden is actually fit. To send him on in a game when clearly the opposition tactic was to 'do' players would have been foolhardy.

I refer the gentleman to my Twitter post... Not sure who the Donna is that replied but the surname can't be coincidental.

https://twitter.com/BatchStfc/status/1484900826850209794?t=G3SGCOlZxJuISI0w2YrsPw&s=19
Badger

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 07:25:28 »

Johnnie ?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #318 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 09:50:14 »

Not sure who the Donna is that replied but the surname can't be coincidental.
Perhaps Berni can enlighten us on that?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #319 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 10:01:22 »

Hate it when family members start getting involved in this sort of thing. Usually ends up with the player fucking off tbh.

Not saying that this is the case here with Lyden and really hope not but usually does not end in a great way does it
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 10:43:54 »

Not much to say on the game, though I thought Rovers came to do a job and did it - they were like a swarm and never really lets us dictate the play, sensible on their part.

And I'm not here to moan about 'plastics' inflating the crowd - great, get em in, all for it. But I would like it if they would go to their actual assigned seat, rather than cramming in and doubling up in rows, smoking/vaping. Or spending 90 mins stood on the stairs in the Town End. Years ago the stewards used to be shit hot on this, but clearly didn't give a shit.

I found it fairly irritating (especially as Mr Orange Jacket spent the second half moaning about the lack of a bar in the TE) but bet it was more of a pain in the arse for the little kids behind me.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 10:50:45 »

Was Tom Broadbent in the CGH pre match?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 11:10:26 »

Quote from: Shrivvy Road
Hate it when family members start getting involved in this sort of thing. Usually ends up with the player fucking off tbh.

Not saying that this is the case here with Lyden and really hope not but usually does not end in a great way does it

get what you are saying, and perhaps i shouldn't have posted here - though it's open on Twitter

I would say it was only confirmation he's not injured in their eyes. Not a moan from them, not a 'like' when I said I thought they should have come on. 

I know how it could look simply by the reply.

ignoring the reply, the medical team are shit hot this year. they would surely not be allowing him to be on the bench if there was a risk
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 11:31:17 »

He should be one of the first names on the team sheet when fit.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 11:46:46 »

He should be one of the first names on the team sheet when fit.

Weird one because we played so well without him at PV, but when he's played this season he's been very good.

Wonder if we should try 4 at the back, but for me that would mean dropping Conroy...

JJ
Hunt   O'Brien      Odimayo   Iandolo
           Reed       Lyden
Payne        Williams    McKirdy
                  Simpson                         

(the 3 behind Simpson could play anywhere across that 3 in reality but this team feels like it has better shape)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 11:57:28 »

Was Tom Broadbent in the CGH pre match?

Theres a video of him in there
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #326 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 12:01:09 »

get what you are saying, and perhaps i shouldn't have posted here - though it's open on Twitter

I would say it was only confirmation he's not injured in their eyes. Not a moan from them, not a 'like' when I said I thought they should have come on. 

I know how it could look simply by the reply.

ignoring the reply, the medical team are shit hot this year. they would surely not be allowing him to be on the bench if there was a risk
Yeah it could be mate not a pop at you at all for posting just think when family members start posting it usually ends in a downwards spiral
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 12:03:35 »

Lyden, just like Williams and Gladwin, needs to be managed carefully. Makes sense to me that he’s sat out the last couple - he’s played well recently, but is fuck all use to us injured. Wouldn’t be shocked to see midfield rotated next week.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 12:43:30 »

Share lots of the same comments above. Enjoyed a couple of beers in Legends Lounge before the game, only marred by some idiots coming in about 20 minutes before kick off and moaning how busy it was! Went in The Arkells on this occasion, seemed quicker to access than DRS than previous games, have they sorted out ticket problems? Was actually the first time the turnstiles could successfully scan the QR code on my phone. Straight to the toilet for a piss before a pre match burger and a coffee. Again served fairly quickly. Walked back along the concourse, a small argument between a couple of middeaged men over the (non) wearing of masks. Game not even kicked off yet! Into my seat to be reminded why I don’t like The Arkells, that damn post that obscured the view of The Town End goal. As for the game only really enjoyed the first 30 minutes, the rest not so. Disappointed but not downbeat. We’ve a decent team and with a couple of quality additions we will be up there come May.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Sunday, January 23, 2022, 14:40:44 »

Perhaps Berni can enlighten us on that?

Nope, i followed her after I saw her reply to batch Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: