Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Bristol Rovers pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20953 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 15:25:43 »

Worst ref I’ve seen in a long long time
I thought he started very well. He played the advantage and was strong when he needed to be in the first half. However, second half, I think a red could have been produced on a couple of occasions. I also think that he could have added more time on for timewasting.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 15:29:05 »

Didn't enjoy that at all, after the first 20 mins. Once they worked out they had to close us down quicker and drop the ball over the top into the corners, we were never really in the game, bar one or two good chances in the 2nd half. Gladwin back to his frustrating worst for most of the game, but did manage one or two Hoddle-esque moments. Poor shape, lack of urgency and no Lyden in the 2nd half cost us a potential 3 points.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 15:43:31 by Gnasher » Logged

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 15:37:02 »

If he had brought Lyden on second half to shore the midfield think we would have won that
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 15:38:18 »

Angus:
- Great atmosphere
- Good to see a full ground for the second time in a row
- To get over 10k home fans is great
- Would like to see that every week
- Should be able to with the catchment area we have
- With the performances on the pitch and work in the community we should
- Twine: Fair result. Been better if we could have kept hold of him
- Clem invested in good lawyers. Coming in we didnt have all the paperwork on Twine
- Looking at March cabinet meeting to look at valuations for the ground
- Man City learning?: Its been testing off the pitch to get ready for large crowds
- Staff on pitch have done an amazing job to get games on.
- 3-4k? Working it through. Will share with advisory board.
- Need to look at extra policing costs and seating costs
- Embargo limits money on playing side: We have debts to manage. We have ability to strengthen squad
- Looking at training ground improvements
- Still have significant legal costs
- Money helps to repair costs that have been inherited
- Still find the odd unexpected costs. Said they are pebbles rather than rocks now
- Debt from £4 million down to £2.3 million
- Still legal battles and debts to work through
- In a much stronger position than we were.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 15:39:21 »

First 30 minutes I though we were quite good. Created a few chances and a great finish from Simpson gave us a deserved lead.

Rovers equaliser was very soft, but they had started to play a bit before that - just created very little. The lack of Rovers chances continued throughout really.

Second half was a scrappy stop start affair, not helped by the ref giving a few very odd free kicks. If I'm brutally honest Rovers were better on the ball than us, which was a surprise.  Thankfully their lack  of quality quality and some good defending kept them at arms length. Early worries about O'Brien in the first half of his first town game are a distant memory.

The front two looked dangerous and so nearly unlocked Rovers, the best chance narrowly spurned by Simpson. Hindsight says perhaps McKirdy was a better option.

But it was obvious from 55-60 minutes we needed more energy in the midfield. But that would surely come when either Gladwin and/or Williams would get replaced as is the normal. Only they didn't. For reasons only known by Garner he didn't make a change. The scrappy nature was calling out Lyden to come on to gain control over a battle we were losing. I've no idea why we carried on regardless.

Anyway no complaints about the result. Rovers didn't create enough to win it, we didn't deserve it either in truth even if we could have nicked it.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 15:54:42 »

Rovers were poor compared to what we have seen here, we just had an off day.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 15:56:16 »

I hated every minute of that, a really frustrating watch. We were poor, but my god Rovers are bad, fuck watching that every week.
Quite embarrassing watching Barton celebrate a point like a win at the end.

Surprised with all the O’Brien comments, I thought he was absolutely appalling in the first half. Also thought we needed to bring Lyden on for Gladwin at half time, so was very surprised to see no changes.
Simpson was my MOM, thought he was superb.

I thought we looked very leggy in the second half, was that just me?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 15:57:00 »

Also, 600 tranmere fans made more noise than them, on a Tuesday night aswell  Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 16:01:09 »

@quagmire definitely looked leggy to me too
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 16:03:39 »

We lost the midfield from about 30 minutes. Reed and Williams both poor - lyden should have come on for William, to try and regain it

Everyone else was so-so. Simpson MoTM, bullied their defenders and we probably should have made more of the balls into the channel.

Things get better but they never get good
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 16:04:11 »

Surprised with all the O’Brien comments, I thought he was absolutely appalling in the first half. Also thought we needed to bring Lyden on for Gladwin at half time, so was very surprised to see no changes.
Simpson was my MOM, thought he was superb.

I thought we looked very leggy in the second half, was that just me?

Perhaps it’s more of a case of having a defender that can actually defend as opposed to what has come before him has led to O’Brian standing out for many.

We were leggy which made the lack of subs more baffling, Iandolo looked like he was running in treacle even in the first half.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 16:25:13 »

Clem is at Marine. Stood right by him.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 16:29:04 »

Nearly all of the teams in the top half are winning, sadly.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 16:31:45 »

Not often we lose out on possession stats at home. 44% - 56%

So, give no fucks
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 16:44:58 »

100% this. Lyden for Gladwin for me as Williams revelled in winding them up but Gladwin was poor most of the game TBH barring 1 or 2 little passes.

i agree....Gladwin is just to slow of foot with or without the ball...a guy his size needs to be the punisher if they can't move swiftly...
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: