Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Bristol Rovers pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 21155 times)
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 16:48:32 »

I hated every minute of that, a really frustrating watch. We were poor, but my god Rovers are bad, fuck watching that every week.
Quite embarrassing watching Barton celebrate a point like a win at the end.

Surprised with all the O’Brien comments, I thought he was absolutely appalling in the first half. Also thought we needed to bring Lyden on for Gladwin at half time, so was very surprised to see no changes.
Simpson was my MOM, thought he was superb.

I thought we looked very leggy in the second half, was that just me?

O'brien is young..only a few games in but you can see the impact he will make...is a massive defender...gets his head on the ball on corners..I am hoping for a long loan with this kid....
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 17:09:17 »

Ref started off well, second have bottled some key decisions.
Solid at the back, they scored from one of their rare chances however deserved the point.
They had the extra player in midfield and Garner clearly didn’t want to risk the shape by changing it.

Pity as when we scored we had that purple patch and couldn’t get that much needed second.
6 yellows for Rovers (or 5) ? They were certainly living it dangerous and clearly wanted to break up our possession which they did well.

Disappointed to drop 2 points but a point gained.

Tough trip to Colchester next weekend but hopefully will have a few more in as we need more quality in-depth. Thought Lyden could have made a difference around the 65th minute.

Town End what happened? Very quiet and the Don Rogers were the only ones singing today.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 17:20:29 »

Town End was loud first 25/30 minutes until the match petered out into a fairy dull affair - I don’t blame Rovers, clearly a set of mostly limited footballers so Barton has set them up accordingly. They’ll be comfortably mid table I expect.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 17:31:49 »

Clem is at Marine. Stood right by him.
You must have been stood next to me then as well.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 17:36:54 »

... clearly a set of mostly limited footballers ...

I think that it is fair to say that this is the case with many lower league sides

Nothing to see here
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 17:37:10 »

Chalkies Shorts is Clem!
pantomime dame

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 18:26:51 »

Shame about the result but am I honestly the only one who left the ground happy because I actually enjoyed the game? Not a lot of disappointing negative passing and a good old fashioned English derby game.
Blood, thunder and commitment. Brilliant, more of the same please.

Woke is the revenge of the mediocre
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 19:00:23 »

I did move around a bit and ‘stood next to him’ maybe a bit of a stretch, close proximity may be a more accurate assessment.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 19:17:29 »

Did you have a chat with the exulted one? I had a nice chat with Jez.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 19:20:12 »

Did you have a chat with the exulted one? I had a nice chat with Jez.
Nope but he was stood behind me most of the second half with a couple of mates. He certainly has no airs and graces. I think him and jez have become good mates, not a bad thing.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 19:25:24 »

Nope but he was stood behind me most of the second half with a couple of mates. He certainly has no airs and graces. I think him and jez have become good mates, not a bad thing.

‘I think him and jez have become good mates, not a bad thing.’
Put it this way. At long last it would seem a proper multi level relationship is being forged between the owners of both clubs to the mutual benefit of both, about bloody time too IMHO. Seems bizarre that the Gas have a number of youth loanees at Marine and we don’t? Good things coming I think. No I’m not ITK, just a sense I get.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 19:51:24 »

Bigger picture. A point is ok.
Ended up playing like the away team, probably not by design though.
Lyden should play if fit.

Not the most difficult of tasks coming up at the edge of nowhere stadium next Saturday.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 21:34:48 »

Thought the Town End were great for the first 30 mins. Truth be told, the team didn’t give us much to get behind after that.

Lost the vast majority of 50/50s and constantly getting over run. We were guilty of playing the game Rovers wanted and not our own. To everybody who wants plan B - we went a lot longer today to try and bypass their press and it didn’t work. So either let’s do plan A better or perhaps introduce plan C?

For as good as Simpson’s hold up and ball carrying is, I’m still waiting for him to win a header. In fact I’d be content if he just contested for one instead of ducking under his man every time. He was good today but this area of his game is a big concern. Still one of the best players on the pitch today.

Defence was generally fine. Jonny Williams’ first touch let him down a few times today and as usual he was kicked out of the game. Gladwin was Gladwin. The odd flash of brilliance but caught on the ball far too often. Missed Payne today.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 21:56:22 »

I think we went longer mainly because Ward is uncomfortable with the ball at his feet - the fact that Woolacott is better at this part of the game is important in the way we are set up to play.
The ref was poor today - the late challenge on O’Brien in the 1st half should have been red, and some of the second half decisions were bizarre. The amount of holding, blocking and shirt pulling which went unpunished was ridiculous - Rovers set out to break up play and slow the game down and we’re allowed to do so. I also agree with Garner that the amount of stoppage time was less than should have been allowed - one example -  they sent on 2 subs after 90 mins and no extra was added for those.
We also had limited options to change things today - only Lyden or JML realistically - so reinforcements (alluded to by BG post match) are certainly needed.
That may well prove a valuable point at the end of the season.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Saturday, January 22, 2022, 22:13:52 »

Im not sure Lyden is actually fit. To send him on in a game when clearly the opposition tactic was to 'do' players would have been foolhardy.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: