Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mansfield Town vs Swindon Town match day thread  (Read 22907 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 20:12:58 »

Like the look of that. Conroy isn't on form but at his best he's a class defender, think it's worth investing the time into getting him back into form, especially with Hunt needed at rwb. Otherwise you have three really young CBs.

Well I sure am glad we avoided having a callow defence, that could have ended badly.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 20:13:32 »

We need 3 CB's unfortunately

Sympathise with O'Brien being pitched in with Odi and Conroy who seem to be getting worse by the game.

Crichlow and he who must never be picked would make a better CB pairing.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 20:15:30 »

Simple fact is they are passing the ball 100% better than us. Conroy is in the team apparently because he's the only one that can organise the defence but I'm afraid he's not good enough. His form was poor before his lay off and it hasn't improved since he came back. Williams,Lyden and Reed have the ability to wrest back control of this game. Shame McKirdys shot didn't go in,great effort

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 20:16:01 »

Sympathise with O'Brien being pitched in with Odi and Conroy who seem to be getting worse by the game.

Crichlow and he who must never be picked would make a better CB pairing.

I don't know if he could do it (he may be unfit for all I know), but the potential of Grant playing in a back three with Odimayo and Crichlow either side seems like it may work more effectively to me.  We certainly need someone to shout in their earhole about what to do, where to be and when.

Conroy and Odimayo both looked at each other for the third and neither seemed to know which one was responsible.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 20:16:58 »

O'Brien has improved as the half went on, but the defence has no-one to get them organised.  That third goal was pathetic, regardless of the kick out, the centre halves have to deal with it.  Stand up and take control of the situation.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 20:17:31 »

On the bright side, at least this isn't the cue for Taylor Curran to warm up.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 20:18:26 »

But Garner seems completely set on ensuring players like Grant are kept well away from proper influence.  I'd have some sympathy for Garner if he hadn't come out and said Grant didn't take his chance in the one game he gave him where he was carrying youth players and looked our best player.  He could have said he is off the pace, not fit enough yet etc.  Instead he came up with some bullshit to justify his grander scheme.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #187 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 20:18:47 »

They are stronger than us and coping with the shit surface far better than us, they break with pace and directness and are deservedly leading.

Our defence look like they have never even set eyes on each other before today, can't blame JOB on his league debut but hes been let down by Conroy, Hunt, Iandolo and Odimayo at the back, Ward gives me and the defence little confidence either at the moment.

That can change in the blink of an eye though, and not always for the better.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 20:21:48 »

good summary nmh.

can't really judge O'Brien for a few games,  suprised critchlow didn't start tbh
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 20:21:58 »

Trying to work out when we last conceded three in the first half of a match....can’t recall if Wimbledon last season scored most of theirs in the second...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 20:23:00 »

Let’s hope we don’t concede 3 in the 2nd half as well.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 20:25:25 »

Didn’t we concede 4 or 5 in first half vs Franchise at end of last season?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #192 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 20:25:39 »

Trying to work out when we last conceded three in the first half of a match....can’t recall if Wimbledon last season scored most of theirs in the second...
Wimbledon, Plymouth and MKD (twice) last season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 20:27:12 »

Neither the ref nor crowd saw the sneaky kick in the back of Willo’s head after he went down.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 20:29:09 »

Getting niggly. Lyden playing spinning tops with the defender.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: