Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mansfield Town vs Swindon Town match day thread  (Read 22783 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 11:50:51 »

Now for what really matters.  I assume it'll be pay on the gate.  I hope those that played yesterday are fit, and Payne can return.

Two big games coming up.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 11:53:43 »

Now for what really matters.  I assume it'll be pay on the gate.  I hope those that played yesterday are fit, and Payne can return.

Two big games coming up.

If I can get a job on Tuesday in that direction I’ll go.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 11:55:53 »

Hope Simpson and McKirdy recover.

Hope Williams is fit as he didn't look it yesterday.

Interesting to see how we play without Payne's energy. Hope in a way that we don't miss it, as I think sometimes he monopolises our route of attack, which is sometimes to the detriment of the team. But, I think we might, especially if we try to play to Gladwin's pace.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 12:05:21 »

Assuming they are all fit I’d make 3 changes on Tuesday:

The Palace lad in for Conroy, an obvious change based on form and especially if he ignored Garner’s instructions on playing out from the back.

Crichlow in for Iandolo, as much to give Iandolo a rest as much as anything if he had Covid as bad as was said over Christmas. Crichlow can either have a go on the left or swap with Hunt.

Williams in for Gladwin, again an obvious change as Gladwin is nothing but a passenger.

Regardless of lineup, unless Payne is miraculously fit then Lyden captain.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 12:06:43 »

I agree on all of that, although I hear Payne could be out a few more weeks yet.

I wouldnt be surprised to see O'Brien play as Mansfield have the massive lump Ollie Hawkins up front who is 6 foot 14 and a threat in the air and the new lad is supposed to be decent in the air.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 12:19:40 »

Assuming they are all fit I’d make 3 changes on Tuesday:

The Palace lad in for Conroy, an obvious change based on form and especially if he ignored Garner’s instructions on playing out from the back.

Crichlow in for Iandolo, as much to give Iandolo a rest as much as anything if he had Covid as bad as was said over Christmas. Crichlow can either have a go on the left or swap with Hunt.

Williams in for Gladwin, again an obvious change as Gladwin is nothing but a passenger.

Regardless of lineup, unless Payne is miraculously fit then Lyden captain.
Agree with much of that. Don't think Williams will be fit enough though. East, Iandolo, or JML in for Gladwin if not.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 12:21:18 »

It’s good to leave all the Man City shenanigans behind now and get back to the real world.

I think Mansfield have won 10 of their last 11 games and 5 on the spin at home - a real tough game.

Might be difficult for some of the players to get grounded again so soon after yesterday, but hopefully we keep the change of emphasis that was so noticeable in the Cobblers game.

Need to kick on again.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 12:26:13 »

but hopefully we keep the change of emphasis that was so noticeable in the Cobblers game.

Need to kick on again.
Agreed, we’d got rid of all the pissing about at the back against Northampton and it helped with a much better forward thinking performance and of course a good result.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 12:31:28 »

It’s good to leave all the Man City shenanigans behind now and get back to the real world.

I think Mansfield have won 10 of their last 11 games and 5 on the spin at home - a real tough game.

Might be difficult for some of the players to get grounded again so soon after yesterday, but hopefully we keep the change of emphasis that was so noticeable in the Cobblers game.

Need to kick on again.
I hadn’t realised their form was so good. 2-0 down at home today though in the cup to Middlesbrough.

Would take a point here.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 12:33:22 »

Yeah, they’re 2 down in the same amount of time as we were against Man City. Not quite sure what point I’m making there, though!

We get 1 extra day’s rest.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 12:41:34 »

Yeah, they’re 2 down in the same amount of time as we were against Man City. Not quite sure what point I’m making there, though!

We get 1 extra day’s rest.
They were 2 down in the same amount of time we were 1 down against City (14 mins).

TBH I would have fancied our chances against Boro more than I did vs City!

I too had no idea their winning run was so good lately, they will be a tough opponent on Tuesday.

Their only defeat in the last 10 in all comps was at Sutton where we won. Since we beat them at the CG their league form is LLLDDLDLDLWWWLWWWW with 7 of their 9 total league wins coming in the last 8 league fixtures.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Badger

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 18:55:03 »

That is some turn around in form !!
STFC no2 fan

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 20:11:17 »

I presume this game and Port Vale will be pay on the gate? I'm not a ST holder so haven't been able to access the tickets via the website as they haven't gone on general sale as yet. A shame as I might need those loyalty points for any play-off games......although don't think we'll need that route for promotion this season.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 20:13:38 by STFC no2 fan » Logged
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 21:33:05 »

Normal service.
Both sets of Mansfield and Port Vale tickets turned up this Morning.👍

Back to what’s more important.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, January 9, 2022, 09:50:41 »

Anyone know how the Divine Ponytail is after hobbling off?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: