Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: xxxxxxxxxx is a shithole, I want to go home  (Read 8455 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 16:02:24 »

A favourite from the 70s

We don’t carry bottles
We don’t carry lead
We only carry hatchets
To bury in your head
We are loyal supporters
Fanatics every one
And we will follow (enter club)
Into Division One
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 17:19:04 »

There's a plethora of grounds in the "my garden shed..." category in L2 and a few in L1 as well.

A rousing chorus of "....., we're top of the league" is always good.
A scenario that doesn't happen that often so everyone should join in when it does.

The "no surrender" song is always cringeworthy, except to those who insist on partaking.

A bit of a museum piece, but an occasional rendition of "you're gonna get your fucking heads kicked in" might be enough to dissuade parents attending with kids who are not yet fully bladder trained.
Although to be fair to the guy next to me who regularly rolls up with up to 4 kids in tow, their bladder discipline is impeccable, so it can be done.

What is the "no surrender" song?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 17:21:04 »

...to the IRA.....
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 17:22:08 »

Keep St George in my heart keep me English
Keep St George in my heart I pray
Keep St George in my heart keep me English
Keep St George in my heart I pray
Keep me English till my dying day
No surrender, no surrender, no surrender to the IRA

etc etc

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 17:30:32 »

I thought it might have been that one but wondered if there was something different. Surely that hasn't been aired since the nineties has it?

Reminds me of a time I was in a rural part of the West of Ireland in 2016 and these old gits were drinking at the bar wearing IRA jackets. I went for a piss and one of them started to speak to me and heard my accent. "so your a tan are you?" I kind of shrugged my shoulder and told him I guess I must be. I later learned that he was a bit of a harmless chap and had the nickname "fingers" as he had blown 3 of them off with a gun. It is eye opening that these ridiculous characters still exist though.

The latest song I personally hate is the "XXXXXXX get battered everywhere they go". Just lame.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 17:34:37 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 17:33:42 »

It hasn't been "aired" at town games in a fair few years that I have heard although it is at every England game and most 'Wall matches.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 17:36:04 »

I am sure there was mention on the song in a match day thread this season, or maybe the last one with fans.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 18:16:05 »

Yeah, albeit rare it still gets the occasional airing at town games.
Maybe once or twice a season, away from home.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 19:33:44 »

Always thought that 'We're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen' could do with being taken apart clause by clause by a decent stand up. One for Ivo maybe?
e.g. - Not just 'one of the best', but 'the greatest'; so better than Man City then
Not content with that, we'll double up with 'by far'. So not just a bit better than Man City, but miles better.
Oh, hang on, why restrict it to the English Leagues; we'll go for the world. So better than Man City and Real and Bayern then...
As a final thought, lets not restrict ourselves to current teams, but the whole history of football. So better than Barca in 2000s, Hungary in the 60s, Ajax with Cruyff.
All seems totally fair enough to me.
**EDIT just realised the game kicked off at 7:30 and we're 1 down at Mansfield. FFS. Sure 70s Ajax would have shipped 3 at Field Mill by now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: