Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: xxxxxxxxxx is a shithole, I want to go home  (Read 8460 times)
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« on: Monday, January 3, 2022, 16:35:04 »

This seems to be a song sung by many of our lot, with little or no self-awareness. That being said, once or twice they are right. Barrow was not great, although the weather and our football didn't help the mood and I have a recollection that the harbour side was nice and the Lakes are a beautiful area. I am watching Grimsby at the moment and have no real desire to go back there but the towns name doesn't help (rather like Scunthorpe) .

Stoke/Port Vale aren't great but the countryside surrounding it are good. After careful deliberation, I have decided where the song is most appropriate is Ashton Gate, not because that part of the world is not desirable, but because they are wankers for reasons I have made clear on this site on several occasions.

Take your chips and fuck off home.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 3, 2022, 16:40:23 »

86/87 season was lively, last game of the season when we drew and stopped them getting in the play offs

So, give no fucks
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 3, 2022, 16:51:17 »

Middlesbrough. Manchester United's Red Issue fanzine once did a 'shit away days' competition and Middlesbrough got an automatic bye to the semis. I can't remember now what won, but if it wasn't Smoggyville then it was a travesty of justice.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, January 3, 2022, 17:05:04 »

Birmingham City’s ground and local environs were a right throwback - that was the 4-6 game. Worst ever pub I’ve ever been in.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, January 3, 2022, 17:07:30 »

Raise you Luton.
Now that’s a real shit hole. Bradford early 80’s was on par but a lick of paint elevated it a little higher in the shit hole places.
Every Town and City has it’s rough part. Moss Side was always ok if you behaved yourself. Sat in the home end with some Citeh fans I used to know, lost 3-0 and no bother. It was before the game though in their “local” that was interesting, a large tattoo’d ugly Woman took a shine to me. First thought it was a wind up, until my Citeh Mate said, “We’re out of here.” One of the roughest families in Manchester 😂
They took some convincing that I didn’t try and pull her 😂
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, January 3, 2022, 17:08:45 »

Think Luton must be up there for me.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, January 3, 2022, 17:09:05 »

Middlesbrough. Manchester United's Red Issue fanzine once did a 'shit away days' competition and Middlesbrough got an automatic bye to the semis. I can't remember now what won, but if it wasn't Smoggyville then it was a travesty of justice.

Smoggy Land is rough.
Every one has 2 heads.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, January 3, 2022, 17:09:52 »

Luton, Peterborough, Southend, Bolton.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, January 3, 2022, 17:41:43 »

This seems to be a song sung by many of our lot, with little or no self-awareness.
Makes me laugh/cringe when it gets sung somewhere like Cambridge or Brighton ...I look forward to it getting an airing at Harrogate Doh

I'm surprised Gillingham's not been mentioned yet so allow me...I give you...Gillingham Wink
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, January 3, 2022, 17:42:40 »

Middlesbrough for me. Fuck me that was rough when we won up there 3 2 and the surrounding area was rough.
Honourable mentions to Luton, Newport, Rotherham and Pikeyland. All total shitholes.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, January 3, 2022, 17:45:29 »

Vetch field Swansea was rough when I went

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, January 3, 2022, 17:49:05 »

Aldershot
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #12 on: Monday, January 3, 2022, 17:58:21 »

Luton, Middlesborough, Bolton, Oldham, Rochdale, Wigan, Leeds, Peterborough, Rotherham, Gillingham, Northampton, Tranmere, Newport, Bradford, Hartlepool, Crawley, Scunthorpe, Walsall and thats just towns with a league club that I can remember thats I have been to.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, January 3, 2022, 18:02:16 »

Makes me laugh/cringe when it gets sung somewhere like Cambridge

Oxford, Cambridge, Hull.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, January 3, 2022, 18:11:00 »

Ashford,Kent

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: