Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 58   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Manchester City FA Cup 3rd round pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 62920 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 21:50:30 »

Lyden and Reed together for the second half of the season could be quite tasty, especially if Williams can get fit and play more often in front of them.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 21:50:34 »

No, no, no. I realised who I forgot!

Lyden was excellent in the first half and tried hard in the second.
Ha, yeah I noticed the re-appraisal!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 21:53:21 »

Usual teenage stuff, struggling to put 2 sentences together

This. Also the person conducting the interview asked in a roundabout way how Pep would have rated his performance. Palmer had to ask the person doing the interview who they were referring to.

Still the lad will earn more money in his lifetime then I will (unless I win a big lottery), so good luck to him.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 21:53:31 »

Lyden and Reed together for the second half of the season could be quite tasty, especially if Williams can get fit and play more often in front of them.

Yep, Lyden could be like a new player if he puts a run of games together

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #679 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 21:53:48 »

Ha, yeah I noticed the re-appraisal!
I just couldn't remember who the 11rh was! Then saw the penalty replay and saw him!

Bloody senior moments! 😂

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #680 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 21:54:11 »

Think they chose the wrong place to put Ashley Cole 
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #681 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 21:54:54 »

This. Also the person conducting the interview asked in a roundabout way how Pep would have rated his performance. Palmer had to ask the person doing the interview who they were referring to.

Still the lad will earn more money in his lifetime then I will (unless I win a big lottery), so good luck to him.

Probably already has…
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #682 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 21:55:05 »

This. Also the person conducting the interview asked in a roundabout way how Pep would have rated his performance. Palmer has to ask the person doing the interview who they were referring to.

Based on the performance, the focus on his football rather than academic ability looks like a good move - potential of a big future there

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Badger

Ignore
« Reply #683 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 21:56:54 »

Happy with that - Leicester let in 6 remember.

I don't get the criticism of the keeper, some great saves - including a penalty - and he clearly didn't want to play it short all the time, clearly following orders. I thought he played well

Should be a good springboard for the promotion push
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #684 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 21:57:10 »

Someone needs to tell Conroy that he's not Beckenbauer. It would be ok if it's a one off but he gives the ball away so cheap at league 2 level as well. He is a good lower league defender and organiser - just do that well and have a good career.

I've been a Lyden fanboy since he signed, but so good to have him back. Class act.

Need a new LWB but we've known that for months.

All in all we gave it a fair crack. We don't have the organisation and off the ball discipline to sit back so they were always going to unpick us at points but we broke through ourselves and would've taken the score before the game.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #685 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 21:57:16 »

I said at half time to PV that we look much worse with Gladwin on the pitch than off.

Can't see Williams being more than an pact player as he seems injury prone. We need another player in there.

We missed Payne's energy especially in the first half.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #686 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 21:58:00 »

Probably already has…

Haha I spotted my error and adjusted it but you spotted it before I made the adjustment.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #687 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 22:00:09 »

I said at half time to PV that we look much worse with Gladwin on the pitch than off.

Can't see Williams being more than an pact player as he seems injury prone. We need another player in there.

We missed Payne's energy especially in the first half.

Agreed. It was never going to be Gladwins game as needed mobile players to close them down. Cannot work out how on earth he got 70 minutes
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #688 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 22:01:24 »

Agreed. It was never going to be Gladwins game as needed mobile players to close them down. Cannot work out how on earth he got 70 minutes

He lasted 70 minutes by conserving energy and not running!

So, give no fucks
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 22:01:46 »

Ben Garner does see a penalty regularly that just wasn't there

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 58   Go Up
Print
Jump to: