Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 58   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Manchester City FA Cup 3rd round pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 63477 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 09:45:40 »

Another key factor regarding Conroys inclusion is experience as who knows how the younger players will react playing against a massive team in front of a packed County ground and a few million watching on TV

So, give no fucks
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 09:47:58 »

Today's the day.
Really looking forward to watching some absolute masters of their craft at work and also quite interested in seeing what City have to offer.

Hopefully if any of our visitors choose to park up to the south and east of Drakes Way & Queens Drive they'll be made to feel at home by the locals offering to look after their cars for the evening.

Cup shocks do happen, but realistically how many times would we be beat them out of a hundred, once maybe, if that.

Just want to see us play with a bit of purpose when we have the ball.
Don't think that our standard-fare will be enough to trouble them.

Would love to see our shit Jack Grealish being much better on the night than their shit Harry McKirdy.

A visit to the doc at lunchtime and the bp is likely to be sky high with a visit to the ticket resolution queue at the CG to follow which could have an impact on the amount of valuable drinking time.

Three at the back tonight with Hunt staying at CB.
Would like to see Lyden continue as well.
Using O'Brien as a CF for the last 10 probably won't be in Garner's plans for the night.

Enjoy the game and hope that your seat is unoccupied upon arrival.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #362 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 09:48:33 »

Man City predicted line up

Steffen
Walker, Stones, Mbete, Wilson-Esbrand
Lavia, Gundogan, McAtee
Palmer, Jesus, Grealish

They may have Jesus up front but God is a lifelong Swindon fan.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 09:51:53 »

They may have Jesus up front but God is a lifelong Swindon fan.
That front 3 will be ‘interesting’ a lot of people say that Palmer will be better than Foden.
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 09:53:42 »

I'll go 1-4 and a red card to be had, probably mckirdy.
swindon74

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 09:54:16 »

Coffee in hand, just about to embark on the 5 hour journey down from the Toon! Very much looking forward to this! Safe journey to anyone travelling from afar today!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 09:55:03 »

Why does he have to start? I still don’t get why he should waltz back into the team after playing poorly and getting a ridiculous red card. He doesn’t deserve to start.

Because he is the only defender that can organise the back line.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 09:57:29 »

Coffee in hand, just about to embark on the 5 hour journey down from the Toon! Very much looking forward to this! Safe journey to anyone travelling from afar today!

Safe journey.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 10:09:09 »

We didn't even try for tickets.  Only a week or so since we returned to Scotland, so always planned to watch on TV.  And in the event, my youngest has now tested +ve for COVID, so just as well really.

I want to enjoy the game, see the players enjoy the experience, avoid injuries for the Mansfield game and avoid getting embarrassed.  Relatively low bar, but that's how it is for me.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 10:11:32 »

Because he is the only defender that can organise the back line.

Don’t think anyone organises our backline hence only 6 league clean sheets all season. Hopefully the Palace guy helps on that front going forwards especially with high balls as we have been suspect to them all season, especially long throws. Thankfully shouldn’t be an issue tonight.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 10:14:42 »

Most lower league players are inconsistent, it’s in their nature. You can’t drop every player after every poor performance, it’s not practical.

The only way we have a slightest sniff tonight is if our defence is the most organised and drilled it possibly ever has been in the history of the club, that won’t happen without Conroy in there
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 10:20:54 »

Morning, TEFers. Who’s feeling optimistic?

Just hoping for a good game - with us playing our part - and maybe even scoring. Looks like they will be playing a handful of their main men - today’s testing notwithstanding - all under the CG lights and a full house. Good to see 2,500 Mancs filling the Bank - hope the weather doesn’t ruin it for them.

Gutted I didn't apply for tickets, it would have been a struggle to get home from work and up to Swindon in time so opted to miss out and now regret my decision. Head says a city victory but my heart says with some first teamers missing, would fucking love to bebinbtyev5l4th round draw.

Wish I could be there! Enjoy!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #372 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 10:21:13 »

Hey Theakston, how do you feel about starting Conroy?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 10:22:03 »

Oh and our defensive record is 7th best in the league so let’s not make out we are shambolic at the back, we aren’t, far from it. Yes we look dodgy at the times but again we are a league 2 team not Arsenal under Tony Adams’ organisation
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #374 on: Friday, January 7, 2022, 10:24:10 »

We are playing the best team in the country arguably in the world and some people have spent the whole build-up arguing over whether our club captain should play. Paynes injury plays into it anyway, he will start, surely?  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 58   Go Up
Print
Jump to: