Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 58   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Manchester City FA Cup 3rd round pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 62899 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 13:52:34 »

Hope they haven’t spent the cup money already. Imagine getting a bye, refunding 15,000 tickets, no TV money and drawing Port Vale in the 4th round.

The third round prize money is £82,000 which would replace the £85,000 TV money more or less.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 13:53:20 »

We could waive our refunds  
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 13:54:01 »

The third round prize money is £82,000 which would replace the £85,000 TV money more or less.
Good point
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 13:55:00 »

We could wave our refunds 
wave our refunds goodbye ?. 🤭🤭

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 13:56:43 »

Not seen it mentioned anywhere that if the game is called off we’d get a bye.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 14:00:53 »

Man City are just scared of being shown up by Garnerball and looking silly on live TV that's all.

Or Pep and most of the teamares pulling a sickie because they can't be arsed.

I say this in jest of course...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 14:01:50 »

Very true, more an assumption that a forfeiture would be the case. I know Orient had to pull out of the league cup early this season as they couldn't put out a side against Spurs. I know it's a different tournament completely but given the fixture congestion already you would think that something similar would have to be followed?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 14:02:28 »

Seem like a proper football club to me. Sure, they’ve got billions but I bet we won’t see Newcastle outstripping them any time soon.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 14:03:42 »

Very true, more an assumption that a forfeiture would be the case. I know Orient had to pull out of the league cup early this season as they couldn't put out a side against Spurs. I know it's a different tournament completely but given the fixture congestion already you would think that something similar would have to be followed?
But Liverpool pulled out of their League Cup semi v Arsenal and that’s being played next week now.
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 14:06:06 »

Still no tickets for me! Will have to take a morning off work to try and get down to the ground tomorrow morning.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 14:06:40 »

From the FA Cup Rules:

"(f) If a Club may not be able to compete in a match on the date scheduled for the match for
reasons due to COVID-19 (including but not limited to on the basis that a significant number
of its players are self-isolating), it must inform The Association as soon as it becomes aware
of the relevant circumstances. In such circumstances, and subject to Rule 11 below, the
Professional Game Board shall take such action as it deems appropr iate (in its absolute
discretion)."

Rule 11 (extract) "Rescheduled/Postponed Games

(j) If the competing Clubs are not able to play the match on the scheduled date due to COVID-19 or
for any other reason, the match shall be played as directed by the Professional Game Board
and/or the Professional Game Board shall take such action as it deems appropriate (in its absolute
discretion)."
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 14:07:32 »

But Liverpool pulled out of their League Cup semi v Arsenal and that’s being played next week now.

Indeed. I can't really believe that the EFL did that after the Orient thing earlier this season. Actually I can, Sky Sports and Liverpool FC leaning on them heavily will have helped them come to that decision.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 14:17:52 »

It better go ahead otherwise what are they going to do with the half and half scarves!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #268 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 14:20:26 »

It better go ahead otherwise what are they going to do with the half and half scarves!
Ordered mine already! want to watch on my sofa with half Man City and half Swindon scarf, adds a touch of class to proceedings.

The thing is you bloody know there will be a few vendors selling exactly these, burn them, burn them all!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 14:22:08 »

Ordered mine already! want to watch on my sofa with half Man City and half Swindon scarf, adds a touch of class to proceedings.

The thing is you bloody know there will be a few vendors selling exactly these, burn them, burn them all!

Will you be listening to Oasis before the game and XTC after?

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 58   Go Up
Print
Jump to: