Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 58   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Manchester City FA Cup 3rd round pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 62950 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 18:40:08 »

It sold out quite quickly, probably should have charged a bit more.........
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 19:01:17 »

Leaves everyone a few quid for a flutter.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 19:23:28 »

Basic supply and demand.  

However, IMO, Clem etc has pitched the prices to be affordable to the vast majority of regular attenders.  But, as ever, there are moaners.

Given the precarious financial situation of STFC, it would be negligent to sell tickets for any less when hosting a "sell out".

£35 for the sidestands represents a 50% premium for Man City - as against the likes of Stevenage and Crawley.  

Funnily enough Man City charge a similar 50% premium at £63 starting for the likes of Chelsea and Tottenham as against Brighton or Brentford at £42.

Meanwhile, just off the M4 at Brentford, I see most tickets are from £35 - £45 for Wolves (with some at £25 in the Family Enc block and others at £60 in the Dugout block).

I have every sympathy to those genuinely struggling to afford what is a very special ticket.  But you can only get so many in the CG - regardless of price.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 19:26:46 by RedRag » Logged
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 07:34:46 »

Morning all, only one more sleep until the big game. Yesterday I took part in the Manchester City "BlueMoon Podcast", giving a Swindon fans view on the game, and talking about some of the past connections between the two clubs (Summerbees x2 and Horlock mainly).

Give it a listen here, the Swindon chat starts at about 36 minutes 10 seconds in...

https://pod.fo/e/103199

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 08:03:19 »

Somebody on Bluemoon throwing a doubt on the game, without any further detail or evidence...

I've a feeling this game won't be going ahead, hearing about a covid outbreak within the squad.

Let's wait and see

Better not be right. I wouldn't have much sympathy if it was Man City claiming they couldn't put out an 11. Or even a 9, which should probably be enough for them.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 08:05:54 »

Skybet offering 50/1 on a Swindon win.   Any takers ??.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 08:13:07 »

Foden is isolating. The Manchester Evening News idea of their starting XI

Possible Man City team vs Swindon: Steffen; Egan-Riley, Mbete, Ake, Wilson-Esbrand; Lavia, McAtee, Gundogan, Palmer, Grealish, Kayky.

On that basis, I’d have a little tickle at 50/1 for sure.
STFC no2 fan

« Reply #172 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 08:26:16 »

Just had a couple of quid on the win at 50/1 and a couple on the draw at 14/1 with SkyBet. Hopefully, they won’t be redundant choices after 10 minutes.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 08:33:29 »

Just had a couple of quid on the win at 50/1 and a couple on the draw at 14/1 with SkyBet. Hopefully, they won’t be redundant choices after 10 minutes.

All depends on the back line for me and hope we go with a 5.
Hoping both Lyden and Williams can start.
Stevenage and Northampton was frightening enough at the back with little organisation and positioning.
Equally if we give the ball away like we have been doing from the back line we will get torn apart.

As far as I am concerned the weaker team they put out the better.
I’m not going to watch Citeh and stars, give me a shit game and a 1-0 own goal win.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 08:45:36 »

I think I may have dug out a nice little bet - and not outlandish by any means.

Louis Reed 1 shot on target is 4/1. Just need a free kick in range and even if it’s an easy peasy save it’ll count.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 08:47:39 »

All depends on the back line for me and hope we go with a 5.
Hoping both Lyden and Williams can start.
Stevenage and Northampton was frightening enough at the back with little organisation and positioning.
Equally if we give the ball away like we have been doing from the back line we will get torn apart.

As far as I am concerned the weaker team they put out the better.
I’m not going to watch Citeh and stars, give me a shit game and a 1-0 own goal win.

However you look at this game it is a no win for both teams on many levels. If we win, it is because Citeh put out a more weaker team than their usual line up. If they win with whoever they put out it is because they are expected to win.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 08:53:23 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 08:48:08 »

I've seen it said he's suspended as he's two yellow's in the FA cup this season....apparently they've changed the rules?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 09:16:16 »

No he is fine to play, its wiped clean when you reach the third round
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 09:20:24 »

I've seen it said he's suspended as he's two yellow's in the FA cup this season....apparently they've changed the rules?

No, it's 4 yellows (received in FA Cup games) for those entering the FA Cup in Rd 1 or earlier:

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/player-essentials
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 09:20:50 »

I think I may have dug out a nice little bet - and not outlandish by any means.

Louis Reed 1 shot on target is 4/1. Just need a free kick in range and even if it’s an easy peasy save it’ll count.

Yeah not a bad shout that. Reed generally gets his free kicks on target so there is a good chance you'll  land that bet.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 58   Go Up
Print
Jump to: