Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 58   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Manchester City FA Cup 3rd round pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 62951 times)
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 16:54:02 »

I don't really like a gambling sponsor, but that whole issue needs govt intervention to bring it under control.

At heart though ..... Clem is at heart a capital venturist, who has basically seen this tie as his chance to squeeze the pound (Be it via ticket prices or this interesting sponsorship deal).

People generally revert to type (In last paragraph I called Clem a CV at heart, You cant blame a CV for acting like a CV), and this is probably the first in a line of this kind of stuff if we go onto enjoy more high profile ties or progress up the leagues.

A nice soft takeover during which Clem basically lifted his skirt to the trust, its only really as we progress we'll see if this a one off or more likely the way ahead.
STFC no2 fan

« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 16:57:14 »

Cheers, yes I guess there have been queues with the digital tickets. Seem to work a bit better if printed out. Just getting nervous as away from home from tomorrow morning and paper ticket hasn’t arrived as yet.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 17:08:08 »

I don't really like a gambling sponsor, but that whole issue needs govt intervention to bring it under control.

At heart though ..... Clem is at heart a capital venturist, who has basically seen this tie as his chance to squeeze the pound (Be it via ticket prices or this interesting sponsorship deal).

People generally revert to type (In last paragraph I called Clem a CV at heart, You cant blame a CV for acting like a CV), and this is probably the first in a line of this kind of stuff if we go onto enjoy more high profile ties or progress up the leagues.

A nice soft takeover during which Clem basically lifted his skirt to the trust, its only really as we progress we'll see if this a one off or more likely the way ahead.

Thing is, I would accept all of this if Clem was taking cash out of the club, he has stated on record that, at least for now, he isn't, so its not as if he is profiting personally from it, its going into the pot to sort the mess out.

Apologies, its a personal bug bear of mine, like when parents moan when our little lasses school ask for donations to pay for a coach to take them places, its not as if the teachers are going out on the piss with the money!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 17:08:25 »

Was going to say using RM normal first class,  around Christmas, with covid absences was always going to be sketchy.

But there are 2 days yet and the dispatch system from our end seems somewhat weird too
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 17:21:01 »

Club will issue comms tomorrow for those whose tickets haven't arrived. Haven't done so yet to save confusion of people not knowing what ticket to turn up with. No need to panic all have a good evening  Pint
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 17:21:23 »

Was going to say using RM normal first class,  around Christmas, with covid absences was always going to be sketchy.

But there are 2 days yet and the dispatch system from our end seems somewhat weird too

I would also assume that a safety net will b put in place for those that do not turn up via Postman Pat.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 17:28:15 »

yeah as joemezz says,  can see why they don't want to do it too early.

chances are many will turn up yet
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 17:42:19 »

It’s tickled me how it’s annoyed all of the “Clem bots”. I think they forget he’s a business man first & foremost!!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 17:45:20 »

Loss making business using legal methods to try and get closer to break even in Non-Communist State shocker!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 18:16:50 »

It’s tickled me how it’s annoyed all of the “Clem bots”. I think they forget he’s a business man first & foremost!!

So is Standing and Power.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 18:25:07 »

I would also assume that a safety net will b put in place for those that do not turn up via Postman Pat.

Like mine haven’t still.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 18:28:51 »

Still waiting for my ticket to turn up too. There's still time, I know. Would rather more Pint time than having to queue up to get one re-printed or whatever the procedure's going to be.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 18:35:33 »

ticket procedure

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2022/january/club-statement-on-posted-man-city-tickets/
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 18:35:51 »

Club will issue comms tomorrow for those whose tickets haven't arrived. Haven't done so yet to save confusion of people not knowing what ticket to turn up with. No need to panic all have a good evening  Pint

https://twitter.com/official_stfc/status/1478796581658894337?s=21 Today not tomorrow but there you go gents
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 18:37:31 »

Can you look up venture capitalists please - I think you mean businessman (not that there's anything inherently wrong with them either, some people are just cunts)

Venture capitalists provide money to entrepreneurs to take their ideas forward.  Think of a dragon on dragons den.   Yes they want to make money but it's a punt.   No different really to a bet on a horse.  Without them many ideas simply wouldn't get the funding needed to compete with the big corps.

The junior prices are far too high but I don't have an issue with an extra tenner or so on the adult/pensioner prices or milking the advertising and TV sponsorship for all it's worth.  Would be mad not to.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 18:47:10 by Pookemon » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 58   Go Up
Print
Jump to: