Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 58   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Manchester City FA Cup 3rd round pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 63254 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 09:58:24 »

Looks like the extra tickets were snapped up in minutes.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 09:59:12 »

Looks like the extra tickets were snapped up in minutes.
Soon to re-emerge on Facebook selling pages at vast mark ups.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 10:54:54 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2022/january/stake.com-back-swindon-town-fc-for-fa-cup-giant-killing-glory/

This has gone down like serving a dog shit flavoured dessert in a restaurant on Twitter FWIW. Obviously more income for the club but morally it's a little on the iffy side shall we say.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 11:03:28 »

Grim. Could the 'Advisory Board' possibly advise them that this sort of shit isn't ideal?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 11:04:46 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2022/january/stake.com-back-swindon-town-fc-for-fa-cup-giant-killing-glory/

This has gone down like serving a dog shit flavoured dessert in a restaurant on Twitter FWIW. Obviously more income for the club but morally it's a little on the iffy side shall we say.

I assume they are also up in arms and demanding that we leave the Sky Bet League Two?
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 11:06:01 »

My ticket arrived in the post this morning. Also in the envelope was someone else's ticket! Have emailed the enquiries address as the Shop/Ticket Office phones don't seem to be manned today.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 11:07:07 »

I assume they are also up in arms and demanding that we leave the Sky Bet League Two?

Cheesy
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 11:09:43 »

Well, hopefully we will be later this year Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 11:18:14 »

I don't know, perhaps we could sell Jack Payne and Harry McKirdy as NFTs and then keep their physical form?

Seriously though, "fast-growing cryptocurrency betting and gaming" is a sentence that contains more red flags than the CG will on Friday.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 11:27:33 »

Some fair points in response though regarding the lack of complaints when we were owned by the founder of one of the biggest gambling companies around
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 11:30:05 »

Some fair points in response though regarding the lack of complaints when we were owned by the founder of one of the biggest gambling companies around

Hadn't thought of that.

I see its getting GWR Reds particularly agitated, and remembering that they speak for all supporters the club better take note.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 11:30:34 »

mooo moo,
squirt squirt,
ch-ching

edit, oh yeah, sky bet, Betfair... er, that's totally different. obviously.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 11:33:51 »

Flavour of the month really.

I get peoples point, but as long as this type of advertising is legal then I see no problem with taking the money. Gambling destroys lives. no doubt....but so does a lot of things.

Out of curiosity, did they make alcohol shirt sponsors illegal? Used to get loads of them back in the day. Newcastle Brown Ale, Carlsberg, Carling, McKewans Larger all off the top of my head.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 11:34:41 »

Personally I'd be very happy for Town to be a morally pure club playing in a lower division with a lower budget, turning down money from anyone even vaguely shady, but I'm pretty sure that's a) not a majority opinion by any stretch and b) not what the current ownership have ever claimed to be.

I'd just make sure this lot pay us up front!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 11:36:20 »

I see its getting GWR Reds particularly agitated, and remembering that they speak for all supporters the club better take note.

People give them a lot of shit unnecessarily on twitter, but this is something that really gripes me. Not just them but other groups too. Haven't seen that weedy bald twat they get on Sky Sports News to speak on behalf of all England fans for a while thankfully though.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 58   Go Up
Print
Jump to: