Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 58   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Manchester City FA Cup 3rd round pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 62900 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 17:58:49 »

I would have had two goalkeepers if we're choosing 12😀

So, give no fucks
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 17:59:44 »

Ward
KKH  Odimayo  Crichlow  Hunt
         Reed   Lyden
Williams               Payne
              McKirdy
              Simpson
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 18:04:28 »

Looks good to me although the captain debate will rumble on

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 18:05:19 »

Looks good to me although the captain debate will rumble on
Payne as he’s vice captain, simple.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 18:08:04 »

Payne as he’s vice captain, simple.

I meant should he be brought back into the side or not!

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 19:33:49 »

Ward
KKH  Odimayo  Crichlow  Hunt
         Reed   Lyden
Williams               Payne
              McKirdy
              Simpson

I reckon he will go with this but replacing Odimayo with Conroy.
Possibly Odimayo will start replacing Crithlow.

The rest likely.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 19:50:49 »

No way does Odimayo drop out for Conroy. The only way both would start is if Hunt replaces Iandolo.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 19:55:48 »

Odimayo and Hunt should be first names on the team sheet, they got us through the last 2 matches. Without them we’d have had no centre backs thanks to our ‘captain’ so no way he should benefit at one of their expense.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #38 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 20:18:08 »

Iandolo I agree with plus we have no options but why does Conroy deserve the chance to play? He’d been poor for weeks, then let the team down with a completely pointless red card and in his absence we haven’t lost and he hasn’t played for almost a month so will be lacking sharpness. Hunt, Odimayo and Crichlow have all done nothing wrong and now deserve to be above him in the pecking order and it’s a suitable punishment for the red card. If Conroy comes straight back in then that would be poor from Garner for me as no player should be undroppable.
As I said in my post, after the summer of sticking around not getting paid they were within their rights to leave. Just my personal opinion of course
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 20:29:06 »

As I said in my post, after the summer of sticking around not getting paid they were within their rights to leave. Just my personal opinion of course
But then the club has stuck by him despite all his injury issues so loyalty works both ways, he’d never have got an offer much above us anyway.
In any case it should have no relevance on whether he starts a specific match, that should be done on merit and on merit he misses out at the moment.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 20:41:33 »

But then the club has stuck by him despite all his injury issues so loyalty works both ways, he’d never have got an offer much above us anyway.
In any case it should have no relevance on whether he starts a specific match, that should be done on merit and on merit he misses out at the moment.

Nothing to do with loyalty just far better distribution and organisation.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 21:16:51 »

Taking my old man who's a City supporter. Often talks about Mike Sumerbee and Colin Bell. Nice to be able to take him to watch us play them - never really thought i'd get the chance.

Will be pretty cool to see full international stars playing us in a competitive fixture. Only really seen us play Villa and Chelsea in cup ties.

Just hope we don't get too battered by arguably the best team in Europe! I'm pretty excited  Cool
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 21:20:56 »

Conroy lost his place by getting sent off after the FT whistle. Club captain or not he shouldnt just walk back in for me, needs to wait for his chance and earn his place back- didnt exactly cover himself in glory at orient a few days before Barrow either.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #43 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 21:28:17 »

I understand the reasons you have made it clear, just my opinion too. End of the day I have a feeling the Payne injury will make his mind up for him. Whoever starts I won't be upset
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, January 3, 2022, 10:42:57 »

Ward
KKH  Odimayo  Crichlow  Hunt
         Reed   Lyden
Williams               Payne
              McKirdy
              Simpson
I'd choose this side but Conroy for Odi.  For the reasons given by Duke. 

This must be subject to convincing fitness.  We don't just want to pick the captain because.  We saw where that led with Nathan Thomson at Wembley.

However, whether City play youngsters or not, the comparative pace of Odi (and Crichlow) would not go amiss against a side like City.  I think Hunt's relative defensive solidity makes him a must.

Hopefully no FAC bans from Villa, Huddersfield or Ipswich.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 58   Go Up
Print
Jump to: