Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Man City - expectations  (Read 7432 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 10:43:06 »

Some of us older fans remember the great cup exploits from the late 70's so why not this time!! Yes they're a superb team and arguably the best we've ever seen but anything is possible especially if they put a few younger inexperienced players out and there's probably not a single fan/pundit out there who will give us a chance of anything but a hammering so let's prove them wrong and beat them 5-4 on penalties. Now that would be Friday night entertainment for the nation!
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 10:48:13 by Jimmy Quimm » Logged

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 10:51:38 »

the biggest step is to get a goal. reward that packed out county ground. Swindon 1 and Man City anything 5 or below would be acceptable.

they are probably the only team in the country where there isn't much hope. Iv said to friends that as crazy as it sounds we are too similar too city in our play and we aren't going to out Pep, Pep. A team like cheltenham with their aerial threats, size and set piece ability and you never know.

We can dream though and nothing wrong with that at all. Im sure we will see grealish play and isn't he best mates with mckirdy? should be fun
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 11:07:47 »

unfortunately we haven't got the players playing that will get physical and get in their faces to upset them.

I think we'll play out a 'nice' 4-0 loss or so where the commentators will applaud us for trying to play the right way, but the fans will go home knowing we got nowhere near a ' stuck in 1st gear' city

(Edit: just realised I've basically repeated the last post, oh well. Should have read back)
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 11:09:38 »

If we can get Pep to see that Garner promoting a passing style of play similar to City's then I don't care what the score is as long as they give us some decent loan signings for the rest of the season....
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 11:16:09 »

they are probably the only team in the country where there isn't much hope. Iv said to friends that as crazy as it sounds we are too similar too city in our play and we aren't going to out Pep, Pep. A team like cheltenham with their aerial threats, size and set piece ability and you never know.

This is what I've been saying to people who ask about the game, probably partly to avoid getting ripped when the inevitable happens.

the biggest step is to get a goal. reward that packed out county ground. Swindon 1 and Man City anything 5 or below would be acceptable.

Ditto. We just need to make a brave fist of it and I'll be happy.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Walthams

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 11:44:38 »

If we sit back they will hit us for double figures.
We can't defend against minnows, so just go for and go all out.
Nothing to lose.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 11:45:20 »

If we can score one and also concede less than Burton did, then that's fine by me.

Or win 2-1. That also works.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 11:53:20 »

If we can score more than them, we might just win.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 11:57:53 »

Get it forward!!!
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 12:11:15 »

If we sit back they will hit us for double figures.
We can't defend against minnows, so just go for and go all out.
Nothing to lose.
Just like we did yesterday, always expect the unexpected.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 12:30:42 »

It’s a cup game and anything can happen. No pressure on us and Man City have more important things to worry about in the league and Europe so will send out a second XI who of course still qualify players but will they be as up for it as us? Unlikely as it is we will win I actually think the game will be a lot closer than most believe, certainly don’t see a massive tonking, more like a comfortable 0-2 for City, be nice if we can score though. More importantly I hope we put on a show and that encourages the plastics to come on a more regular basis.

Can you name any players from this second 11 that you speak of? Considering they regularly stick 5 past Premier league sides anything under 10 is acceptable! But I'm hoping for a gutsy 1-2 or even a draw!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 12:42:34 »

We're now top of their thread list and quite interesting to see variations of possible team selection and that 7% think we will win in a current poll!

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/swindon-town-a-fa-cup-3rd-round-fri-7th-jan-20-00-pre-match-thread.353621/

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 13:09:43 »

unfortunately we haven't got the players playing that will get physical and get in their faces to upset them.

I think we'll play out a 'nice' 4-0 loss or so where the commentators will applaud us for trying to play the right way, but the fans will go home knowing we got nowhere near a ' stuck in 1st gear' city

(Edit: just realised I've basically repeated the last post, oh well. Should have read back)
I'm warning you!  Cheesy  Wink

Agree with the post though.

Would have been happier with this draw in the 5th round or beyond having made money from beating localish or higher division sides (who had help ensure capacity crowds) in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 13:29:10 »

Five days till Friday.  Wink

It’s going to be a long old week.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 15:19:51 »

Game goes ahead with fans, we score and keep it under 5.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: