Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Man City - expectations  (Read 7439 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 06:06:50 »

Apart from the obvious that applies to all games, no injuries and no red cards, what are people’s expectations/hopes?

I hope the game goes ahead with fans for starters.

I hope we don’t get humiliated although seeing as it’s Man City I can’t think what that level of humiliation may be. Below 5, maybe.

I hope we can score.

Must be the best sort of game for Man City playing lower league opposition knowing we won’t attempt to kick lumps out of them or launch a succession of hopeful punts with elbows flying.

Pep will be able to say nice things, Garner about the experience and how we should be looking to emulate as best we can.

I think a lot of neutral fans have a bit of time for Man City - mainly by dint they aren’t Man United - although I can see the time approaching whereby the very British trait of hating anyone or anything that becomes too successful occurs.

I’m looking forward to it and dreading it in equal measure.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 08:30:23 »

I've thought all along that this was an awful tie.

Nice for the club to get some money in, but think we are on a hiding to nothing on the pitch.

If we were a bit more solid at the back then I wouldn't worry as much. But we aren't and it could be a long evening if we concede early on.

Think we will lose heavily.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 08:46:20 »

It’s a cracking tie, no pressure and the biggest factor of them all a club that is skint getting a massive cash injection.
Enjoy seeing a packed CG but we will get beat likely by 5.
Result immaterial, all about the money, no injuries and being able to bring in a couple of players.
Hindsight, hope the confidence doesn’t get hit if we do get thrashed.

These are the best team in the Country.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 08:49:10 »

Looking for a blood and guts tie. No fucking diving or outrageous gamesmanship. All fans behaving inside and outside the ground. No condescending or patronising reporting by the media. Fair refereeing. Less than 0-4 score line. Praying to any deity that listens for a miracle. If citeh fans or players are being cunts, four inches of rain.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 08:53:47 »

Every year I watch on with envy seeing lower League clubs pitched against the top sides as the 3rd round draw is made. This year it's our turn to play one of the best sides in the world. A packed CG and under lights - what's not to like? The result is immaterial. There are no expectations on us given the chasm between the sides.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 09:10:43 »

Pep was moaning about travelling and tired players so will rest a few but then he can bring back Grealish and Foden from the naughty step.

Forecast is heavy rain on Thursday and cold on Friday so maybe the conditions might level up. Cold, wet night in Swindon anyone?

We've had some good games with City at the CG over the years. I remember us losing 4-3 in 87/88 with all their young talent that did Man U 5-1 a couple of years later.

Hoping there's a story with a club on the brink in the summer getting a cup shock but will probably be Pep and Co, cruise through and turn on the charm school like Jose did in 2013.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 09:30:58 »

If we can keep them down to 5 or under that will be a good result IMO.

Great for the club coffers but there is no way we will progress any further, not at all.

Just going to enjoy the occassion.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 09:31:12 »

Would like to think we give a good account of ourselves on and off the pitch. Try and play the game the right way and convince City to loan us a few of their upcoming players to help us up the leagues again.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 09:32:53 »

Lock Raheem Sterling in a toilet until he agrees to join us on loan.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 09:37:42 »

Anything less than a win is totally unacceptable
Hunk

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 09:48:21 »

We are going to receive a tonking, but I’m determined to enjoy the game regardless of the score
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 10:16:17 »

It’s a cup game and anything can happen. No pressure on us and Man City have more important things to worry about in the league and Europe so will send out a second XI who of course still qualify players but will they be as up for it as us? Unlikely as it is we will win I actually think the game will be a lot closer than most believe, certainly don’t see a massive tonking, more like a comfortable 0-2 for City, be nice if we can score though. More importantly I hope we put on a show and that encourages the plastics to come on a more regular basis.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 10:22:46 »

Tyreece Simpson vs Nathan Ake should be a decent battle of strength
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 10:24:29 »

I *HOPE* we can do the unthinkable because if you don't have hope, there's no point being a fan.

Other than that, if we can keep it to a respectable football score rather than a rugby score, play the kind of football that we're capable of (will be like an away game in some respects which will suit us) get the CG buzzing and get lots of media love afterwards, that will do for me.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, January 2, 2022, 10:32:11 »

Exactly that, heart says a close 2-0 or 3-1 defeat but head says more.

The gap in quality between the Premier (top league) sides and the bottom tier sides has never been bigger.

That said big upsets have happened before totally against the odds, Colchester 3-2 Leeds in 71, Hereford 2-1 Newcastle in 72, Wrexham 2-1 Arsenal in 92, Halifax 1-0 Man City in 80.

But these wins are getting rarer and rarer against the huge sides in the Premier league.

As you rightly say, without hope there is no point in being a football fan.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: