Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barrow v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20980 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 10:01:24 »

I can't believe noone commented on this!

I was really chuffed with this post and chuckling for ages after!

Finally worked out what you are looking at (TBF until this morning I have only been viewing n a phone screen), good spot, albeit I can confirm its not me.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 10:29:40 »

Nah, that's you in the light grey hat and blue jacket  Wink
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 10:48:24 »

Well after Walsall and Orient i had a rest and a good job too by the sounds of it.

Still doing better than i thought.

Lets see what January brings.

A home win would be nice.

Clems Army!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 12:35:21 »

My IPTV wasn't playing over the weekend so didn't see the game. Probably for the best.

Challenge now to Garner to fix this (hopefully) blip now we haven't won in 3 league games. Conroy should be fined for being sent off after the final whistle. It's not as if we have loads of fit centre backs at the moment and to earn a 2 game ban in such a stupid way is extremely poor.

It will be interesting to see how we react on Saturday.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 16:14:01 »

Well, apart from the match, that was a nice weekend.

Booked into the same hotel as Barrow use pre match. Tried to put the hex on but it didn't work. Had a chat with Ollie Banks about his time with us which he said he really enjoyed and was sorry not to get a contract.

Took my telescope and got some time under dark skies doing a bit of astronomy on the Friday night.

Saturday morning tried again to hex Barrow at breakfast. The took a drive out to Walney Island and spent a couple of hours on a walk before parking up near the ground and walking into town. Had a nice pint at the Duke of Edinburgh and then onto the ground.

The less said about the game the better I think apart from disassociating myself from the handful of fans giving the players abuse after the final whistle. yes they weren't great but you didn't exactly cover yourself in glory either.

Don't know what the ruck was about after the game but it delayed us getting into town to have a recovery curry and pint.

Drove back home on Sunday morning, breaking the journey for a couple of hours at Jodrell Bank so. not a complete failure of a weekend.

Have we been better? Fuck yes. Have we been worse? Come on, we're Swindon Town FC- of course we have!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 16:37:50 »

Home (Actually about an hour ago!) (and huge respect to all those who travelled for c.6 hours rather than 30 mins to watch that nonsense), so where to begin...

Positives - I don't live in Barrow.
The pub was very nice and I will probably visit again
To one fellow TEF'ender I am no longer an anonymous northern monkey, nice to meet you @Paolo69 and hopes for next time Ardiles!

Great to meet you too Horlock! Was much easier finding eachother in that pub than i thought it might be and it was a pretty good one i agree. Thanks again for taking my friends ticket, hope your FIL enjoyed his beer more than the football. I certainly did.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 16:52:47 »

Had a nice pint at the Duke of Edinburgh and then onto the ground.

It was nice in there wasn't it, might go back sometime when the world gets back to normal.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Monday, December 13, 2021, 17:00:26 »

Great to meet you too Horlock! Was much easier finding each other in that pub than i thought it might be

Yeah that was just a bit surreal!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 09:00:59 »

I can't believe noone commented on this!

I was really chuffed with this post and chuckling for ages after!

Self praise is no praise. FWIW I thought it was pretty good.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 09:04:27 »

Sorry I missed you, Horlock.  I'm also intrigued now to know where you are in that pic - as I'm in it as well with one of my boys.  We were down at the front, and I think you said you were further back?

I see ya! Saw your photo on Watsapp also, your boys must have been made up. We did similar at Crewe, got there really early and China Red was able to 'use' his lovely daughter to get some photos with Dion just off the bus.

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 09:25:04 »

I see ya! Saw your photo on Watsapp also, your boys must have been made up. We did similar at Crewe, got there really early and China Red was able to 'use' his lovely daughter to get some photos with Dion just off the bus.

If it had ben Dion on Saturday he would probably have fouled her  Roll Eyes
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 09:34:49 »

If it had ben Dion on Saturday he would probably have fouled her  Roll Eyes

And then shouted some foul and abusive language at her! Wink

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 10:01:05 »

Sorry I missed you, Horlock.  I'm also intrigued now to know where you are in that pic - as I'm in it as well with one of my boys.  We were down at the front, and I think you said you were further back?

Looks like Keith Gillespie  Smiley
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 10:27:34 »

And then shouted some foul and abusive language at her! Wink

TBF to our centre backs, Barrows strikers were rather shithousey all physicality until they were touched then dropping like a bag of spuds, so part of me can see why he was getting frustrated, the main problem with Conroy's (and in fact the entire teams) game on Saturday was constantly giving the ball away on anything bar a sideways and backwards pass, really not helped by Gladwin constantly playing facing his own goal so every time it was played out to him it invariably came back with added presure.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 10:33:58 »

TBF to our centre backs, Barrows strikers were rather shithousey all physicality until they were touched then dropping like a bag of spuds, so part of me can see why he was getting frustrated, the main problem with Conroy's (and in fact the entire teams) game on Saturday was constantly giving the ball away on anything bar a sideways and backwards pass, really not helped by Gladwin constantly playing facing his own goal so every time it was played out to him it invariably came back with added presure.

I do think generally Conroy is a good ball playing Centre back. But my problem with him is that he does make quite a lot of mistakes, often that aren't properly punished as League 2 isn't great. Clearly our defence is probably the weakest part of our game. Defending crosses into the box has generally been awful for most of the season.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: