Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barrow v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 21196 times)
REDBUCK

« Reply #375 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 17:15:10 »

Very amusing to see the usuals losing their shit.

Plenty of work for the boss to do.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 17:16:27 »

The thing is we've moved on from the summer and the fans expections are now higher after such a good start and if the players gave another 10% today maybe we would have drawn or even won but it's clear for all to see when we struggle we don't have anything else to offer tactically which is frustrating.

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 17:17:35 »

A sense of perspective is always helpful

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 17:18:15 »

What's yours

So, give no fucks
pantomime dame

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 17:20:01 »

I bought a season ticket after boycotting Pee Lowers County Ground.
Iv sat through a bag of shit so far, with about 50 minutes of memaberable football. I'm not impressed with Garnerball, he's just a Luke Warm look a like.
 I sit here smiling at your reaction to two away defeats. Did you really think we would go a whole season undefeated away from home? If so, what gullible twats.
If Clem reads this then know this. I will not renew my season ticket, your experiment doesn't work, at home, the style sucks the life out of the game for supporters.
 I've finally fallen out of love with football.

Woke is the revenge of the mediocre
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 17:20:50 »

Fucking hell the knives out for garner brigade need to chill out a bit for now and get a bit of perspective. Two poor results (I won’t go as far as saying poor performances) from two tough away games shouldn’t suddenly mean that project Garner isn’t working, considering we’re in the right half of the table still and got a dream tie in the cup for the first time in years.

Major frustration about today and a warranted criticism of the performance, was that we looked like we had the quality to brush them aside in the opening 10-15 minutes, but we were playing our usual game as if it was a calm sunny day in august, which Barrow cottoned on to and suddenly started giving us much less time on the ball. All our intricate flicks were getting stuck in the pitch and runs thwarted by slipping over. Couple that with some insipid tackling (and guff reffing for both sides), Barrow were not lifting us settle on the ball and winning every 2nd ball. So many extra unnecessary touches that would bring players on to us forcing us to rush the pass.

I’ll give Garner much more time considering our position to address this and get some players in in Jan, before I’m hanging him out to dry.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 17:22:42 »

That's bugs me reading Barrow wouldn't let us settle on the ball...there nothing stopping us doing the same to the opposition when things don't go our way!

So, give no fucks
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 17:32:40 »

Listened to Cooper on Radio Cumbria. Unsurprisingly delighted to have won. Gushing in his praise for Garner. Says we have quality players at this level. “If you finish above Swindon you’ll go up.”
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 17:42:47 »

when we are shit, we are extremely shit. i am starting to worry a bit as our away form was papering over our home form all season and now we are losing away. its not just the results just general play as well
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 17:45:18 »

I hope we don’t lose Payne in January. If we were to lose him - we would be in major bovver!

Now, ain't that just like me?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 17:45:49 »

Oh no, we've lost a couple of games, better fucking get the Garner guy Fawkes dummy out and set fire to it in the middle of the magic roundabout to send a message Suicide

How many times over the years have we had a good side, gone to some barely playable shit rugby pitch, in shit weather, and lost? Two penalties and a red card against us (whether deserved or not) kind of tell the story of the day. I only heard it on radio so not going to comment on the match itself but come the fuck on, this is part and parcel of being a lower league fan.

The home form is a little shit I'll give you that, but win our game in hand and we're third with a point between us and 4th. Better fucking commit hari-kari, that's not good enough!

I'm just glad we've got a club still and look likely to escape from League fucking 2.

Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 17:50:03 »

I was wondering how long it would take for somebody to remind us we still have a club.

I'd almost forgotten.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 17:51:09 »

I suspect that the the vocal 'doom mongers' do not reflect the mood of most supporters.

Nothing to see here
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 17:54:46 »

Garner out.

Just clarify, I’m joking. For those of us who’ve been around long enough to remember the dark days of the mid 80’s this week has been a ‘meh’ week. Nothing more nothing less. We move on, lick any wounds, have a look at the last two matches and learn from it. Bring on Walsall next week.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 17:55:45 »

Been out all afternoon and caught a bit of the post match driving home..a couple of questions for those watching:

-Was Conroy on a yellow or was it a straight red for dissent?
-When summarising the match, Hawes mentioned a ‘significant injury’ to Iandolo in the first half, but Garner doesn’t appear to have been asked about it going off the summary above. What happened there?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: