Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barrow v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20954 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 16:51:50 »

Lucky there's an enticement for cup tickets otherwise we may have seen a significant drop in the attendance on top of Xmas

So, give no fucks
anglia red

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 16:53:43 »

Don't get too upset ,Garner will take plenty of positives from the game

ome on you reds
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 16:55:45 »

Well, if the first few months of the season was all a bit Return of the Jedi, then the past few weeks have been a bit more Spaceballs the Movie.  We have become a bit of a parody of ourselves.  It seems that results are not the highest priority amd the project is all important because we have just tried to out football ourselves when the football is not working.

The worst thing about today is the fact the Ref is central to their goals.  It potentially allows our Brains team to brush over the failings and focus on something beyond their control.

I worry a little for the next month or two.  The weather combined with a few teams having a plan against us now may well mean we get a few of these types of games.  If we simply will not change then we could drift away from the top spots.

I hope Garner is not an all consumed Coach, but fear he is.  It wouldn't take much to tweak the team and focus on the next match to get back on track.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 16:56:24 »

To be fair he probably needed to be dropped based on current form anyway.
This.

2 poor games on the trot now.
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 16:57:49 »

The first penalty: it may be a bad rule but if you're defending crosses you hold your hands by your side or behind you, not up by your shoulders.

Feel sorry for the 500+ who traveled all that way for that performance. Barrow deserved their win.

The pitch didn't suit the way we like to play, which doesn't bode well for results in the next couple of months.
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 17:12:17 by Munichred » Logged
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 16:58:31 »

What does Grant have to do to get picked?

Replace Conroy if he's not allowed the holding midfield role anymore.
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 16:59:08 »

From what I have been told, this team was at the brink of not being ....so it is kind of a rebuilding year from what I have read...so to be in the top 10 in the standings is great....

doesn't excuse poor effort by the team and the coach but over all it is good...just be nice to see the coach adjust as the match warrants...

I think they will be back on track.  and if they can add a few more players to help out, that would be great.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 16:59:25 »

Be 19 and willing to do as he is told
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 17:00:06 »

I fear that drawing a big team in the next round of the cup might well be the worst thing that could have happened for our league aspirations, albeit a welcome boost financially

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 17:00:34 »

This is what p's me off in football when the manager disowns a quality player because maybe/maybe not something has happened behind the scenses and us fans don't get any explanation

So, give no fucks
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 17:01:21 »

Replace Conroy if he's not allowed the holding midfield role anymore.

Simple, move to a different club - Garner doesn't rate him or like his attitude

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 17:02:33 »

Is there any other team in the country that doesn’t play a proper midfield with a defensive minded player in there? What does Garner know that the other 91 managers don’t? We’d instantly be a much better team if we just played a second midfielder instead of someone like Gladwin, we’d have that extra solidity down the centre that we are crying out for.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 17:02:40 »

I fear that drawing a big team in the next round of the cup might well be the worst thing that could have happened for our league aspirations, albeit a welcome boost financially

I don't think the last two results have anything to do with effort, or avoiding injury for example.  We were a few saves away from a couple of these results before.  This is more about changing conditions and teams beginning to get analysis on how we play.  We are not a surprise as we were before and the conditions start to level up the quality we have on the ball a bit.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 17:02:54 »

We need to put this into perspective - We hastily put together a team at the beginning of the season. We were short of a couple of players. We have done really well and won a lot of games away from home. You can't win them all!

We haven't done well at home because we have not had the right personnel to come on and score goals up top when we have been struggling to break teams down. That's also what you need when losing away.

Williams and JML are ok to change it up on the right or left wing. But, we don't have a proper second forward.  McKirdy is really a left winger.
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 17:11:02 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 17:03:06 »

This is what p's me off in football when the manager disowns a quality player because maybe/maybe not something has happened behind the scenses and us fans don't get any explanation

Arteta dropped Aubameyang this week from Arsenals squad for missing training and instead going to get a tattoo. I suppose it’ll be drama for the ‘All or Nothing’ Amazon cameras.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: